Closed Thread
Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's interesting bedlover. A friend of mine didn't sleep for two days because she was on such a high and the visitors didn't bother her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will consider myself very blessed if I have lots of visitors when I have bubs. So often these days people can't always make the time to come visit, or don't want to pay for parking etc. I would prefer them to visit at the hospital than at my home. Luckily there are no long distance visitors so prob 20 min visits would be the max. Guess we are all different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Sorry I've been MIA.. Had a really busy weekend as we told all our family and friends. DH and I both told work yesterday too so there is lots of happy people around Everyone is wrapped and its a long time coming.. It's so nice to be able to tell everyone. I think I'll post it on FB tonight as there are just too many people to call.. I've definitely popped out.. I'm at 13.5 weeks now... I love the fact I don't have to cover my bump anymore

Sorry for the lack of personals.. I'll go back and have a read thru later.. Just wanted to say hi and that I'm thinking of you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow am I popping! At a friends who has a 3 week old and even she said it. She said it wasn't until 12weeks she started to show with both of hers and reckons I'm lucky to be showing a nice bump so early (10.3wks today). I love it too! It does make it hard to conceal when I need to though as it's not the only bit that has popped not many of my jackets button up anymore & my butt and thighs have expanded too and are starting to look like a cooked dimply marshmallow version of the Michelin Mans!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383039960.073019.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1383040013.641340.jpg can you see the little bit of hand sticking up bub kept throwing arms around and kicking legs out like dancing or practising karate got a mover in there.
    OB said heartbeat good measurements said 10.1wks which he said is good despite me being 10.3 wks so he said we'll stick to my EDD of 24May still.
    Opted to do Serum and NT scan instead of the Blood test for Papp-A and Bhcg as the way he explained it the Serum costs more but it actually test bubs chromosomes for abnormalities so is much more accurate, the NT scan is still worth getting done though as it will confirm the nasal bone but more importantly will show any spina bifida concerns.
    Last edited by Jay11; 29-10-2013 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Thanks Jay, Ngaiz and Arlias. That is a good excuse Arlias, thanks for the suggestion!!

Just had my first OB appointment and all is good with the little bean, measuring perfectly for 11 w 3 d and HB of 171. So nice to have an abdomen ultrasounds. So use to taking my pants of now though!!

I will be having the NT scan and BT as well next week. Its great when you get to see the bean heaps. One advantage of IVF.
    First abdomen ultrasound for me too today and I came out feeling happy and clean DH calls internal scans 'probes'! it was over in no time though I just wanted to look for longer like when my FS did my scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the great scan pics Jay. It's always such a buzz to see bubba moving around. At my 12 wk scan it finally became ' real' to my DH and I when the US lady poked my tummy to get a better pic and bubs jumped. It really bought home that this baby is really there.
    I agree with you ladies about not telling anyone that you are in labour beforehand. I just think that I don't want any pressure and I need to concentrate on me bubs and DH. I told DH who is v close to his parents and he is not happy at all. In this instance I am going to be selfish and just do what I need to do. Happy for hospital visitors after the fact though. Then hopefully less people popping in when we get home!
    did anyone go to the baby expo in Melbs on the weekend? I couldn't believe how much stuff you can get for babies! I found the SIDS and Centrelink booths the best.
    Still have MS- it's so crippling isn't it? No energy, 3 pm sleepiness at work and then wide awake at 5am! I figure baby is giving me a taste of parenthood.

Hows we everyone else going? Anyone affected by the fires in NSW?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks rtkirk - I didn't go to expo too early for me to go to these things at the stage as still haven't got to the stage where we are ready / feel its safe enough to announce which will hopefully be after our next OB appt 29Nov when Junior will be 14.6weeks old. Plus getting around expos can be a little hard if busy which I guessed that one would be hope you had fun!

DH - 33
    ME - 36 now 37
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical),
    3 (FET 5dt- BFN),
    4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN),
    6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD fresh 5dt- Biochemical),
    8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (fresh 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 EDD 24May14)
    Last edited by Jay11; 30-10-2013 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to have a little whinge this morning.

Spoke to my Dad last night and told him he will have to wait a little bit longer to share the news as had to repeat Panorama Test. He says no worries, told him I am going to phone my brother tonight when DH is home and share the news and he tells me he already knows. Dad said he never told him, so that leaves my Mum. Not happy, its not her news to share but ours. Feeling really pi$$ed with her at the moment. Should have know she wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut. She has only had to wait 2 weeks. That's my vent for today, thanks for reading.

So glad I am off to Port Douglas tomorrow for some rnr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH - I'd be annoyed too. Especially since the journey you've had to get here she should have respected that.
    My friends sister announced my friends babies arrival on FB and they wanted to tell close family and friends first (as hadn't told anyone they were in labour except her dad as he was looking after their daughter). Anyway the Dad who was at the hospital sent an email that night to her siblings with a pic which the sister then thought she should share on FB with the surprise announcement it was a boy!
    And then two days later she even took it on her own to announce his name on their behalf and she hadn't even gone to see him yet. My friend was more then angry as they had wanted to announce it all in one hit on FB after they had spoken to his family in the UK & were home. So they were now still in hospital getting calls from UK saying we heard the news 'on FB'. One naughty sister!

PS - have fun in Port Douglas DH and I had a great time there years ago! Went deep fishing which was a first for us both & a lot of fun!
    Last edited by Jay11; 30-10-2013 at 08:01.