Closed Thread
Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arlias - so sorry it wasn't the result you were expecting hope further testing can be done to get you your answers. Thanks for the heads up too!

So today I saw my GP and we decided to get an updated batch of all the initial pregnancy screening blood and urine tests done. Even though I have done most of these test like HIV before I started IVF we decided we might as well get them all done again for peace of mind. So when she gets the results back she'll do up my OB referral

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical), 3 (FET 5dt- BFN), 4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN), 6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD fresh 5dt- Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (Fresh 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 = 1 x baby 6.3wks measured 6.2cm with heartbeat EDD 24May14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover, beautiful images, thanks for sharing!

Jay, glad your ears are feeling a bit better. I got another round of BTs done with GP too and took these as well as earlier ones to first Obs appt.

Arlais, sorry to hear about your scare, hope future tests all ok. thanks heaps for sharing that info... What further tests will you be doing? I asked Obs about tests like Harmony and the like but he suggested waiting to see results of Scan and BT first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't got time for personals but just to let you know that we had the NT scan today. It will be a few days before we get the results but little one is measuring spot on with a perfect heartbeat so fingers crossed for a good result. I did ask about the NT measurement but the sonographer refused and said that it doesn't mean anything in isolation. Grrr.

Arlais here's hoping further testing gives you peace of mind you have a healthy little nub in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow really clear pics Bedlover. You must be so relieved.
    Hope you get a better understanding of your risk factor Arlais. Fingers crossed the BTs give the answers you need. Thanks for the info too. I was not aware that it could be affected be our IVF drugs.
    I retook the harmony test this morning so those results along with our NT test will hopefully give us plenty of info.
    Glad you are feeling better Jay. The never ending BTs- guess we should get used to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow those pics are great Bedlover... I love the 3d one Didn't even know you could get it that early on.

Arlais I'm sorry about your scare.. I'm sure your BT's will show everything is fine next week Thanks for the heads up about how IVF can affect results.

LMM that sounds great. Glad it went well... If only they could tell you there and then!

Does anybody else just have a constant bad taste in your mouth? The only way to get rid of it, is to eat.. But I can't eat all day as I'll be the size of a house in no time! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchid - plan to do the same as think FS is going to put it all together for him with the old tests and GPs referral with have all the new tests.

DH - 33
    ME - 36
    IVF cycles:
    1 (Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    2 (Fresh 5dtx2- Biochemical), 3 (FET 5dt- BFN), 4 (FET 5dt- BFN), 5 (FET 5dt- BFN), 6 (FET 5dt- cancelled as embryo wasn't viable on defrost),
    7 (PGD fresh 5dt- Biochemical), 8 (PGD FET 5dt- BFN),
    9 (PGD Fresh 5dt- BFN),
    10 (Fresh 3dtx2 - BFP 😄 = 1 x baby 6.3wks measured 6.2cm with heartbeat EDD 24May14)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh LMM that sucks! Can't believe they didn't even give you a little hint. When do you find out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just had to pop in and comment Arlais, im sure bubs is fine, we had friends in the high risk category and after the second set of tests everything was fine.

LLM after Arlais's scare I can understand the sonographers refusal, the neck measurement is only part of the risk assessment and can give such false hope.

I hope both of you get the good results you wish for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish, I completely understand the sonographer's position. I think I am just impatient for the results and I also like to know facts so if i have a blood test i have to see my blood tests results. I am never happy with 'everything is normal'. I always need to know the numbers!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did get told today that it's better to have normal measurements and something not quite right with the bloods, than the other way around.

There's more things that can effect the blood results (and everything is fine with the baby) than there are explanations for abnormal scan measurements - so I'm holding on to that at the moment.

Best case scenario is in 2 weeks we'll have a much more definitive answer, and I'll just need to be closely monitored towards the end of the pregnancy to watch out for pre eclampsia (which Papp-A can cause). The advantage I've got is that the drug regime I'm already on is to keep the placenta in prime condition, so any potential problems in that the low Papp-A might cause would be minimized anyway

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app