Closed Thread
Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Orchids, I agree, love everyone's personals! I find it hard to keep up too. That and I read something then forget it until someone mentions it again. I'm actually reading about forgetfulness in my "What to expect" book and the best thing to do is to not stress and accept it as normal. I had a similar experience when I had insomnia for almost 5 months after a massive jury case I was on. I found stressing made it harder to remember things. So ladies, I'm going to laugh and embrace when I can and cry in the corner when I can't help it...emotions are running a bit wild too.

Oh and the olive oil soaks in really well for me. In the mornings if I don't want oil on my hands before work I use a make up pad or tissue to put it on. I am actually addicted to using it. I just used what was in our cupboard which was pure olive oil but I'm sure anything works.

Has anyone felt their baby move yet? I can't wait for that day. Although I'm sure ill miss a few before I realize what it actually feels like.

I think I must have turned a corner. Don't want to jinx it but I feel great this morning. I had broken sleep of course but I was able to fall asleep afterwards which is good for me. I really just sat all day yesterday and did work so probably haven't used as much energy as normal. Fingers crossed I've hit the second tri buzz!!! Woohoo!!!!

Congrats jay on 10 weeks!!

Veritas, you've been through so much, I'm sure weight gain is the last thing on your mind. Love the positive thought of using what IVF has given you.

Rtkirk, I know what you mean. I've been more tired in the second tri than the first. Today I'm feeling ok and running with. Actually excited. Actually doing nothing and no moving helped me.

Amps, love your craving! Enjoy it if it goes down well. My midwife spoke to me about similar remedies. Hope they work for you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-10-2013),Orchids  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies regarding the constipation, obviously eating plenty of fibre rich food helps, but my savior has been pear juice! Actually what I have is apple & pear, but since I've been drinking a glass of that in the mornings things have become regular again

If anyone is looking for the belly belts I got mine in Big W. It has 4 "belts" one with buttons and the other with hooks - 2 sizes of each, which can connect together when you get really big. It also has 3 different coloured fabric flaps to cover the area left exposed if you can't zip up any more. Still have to wear a belly band and/or long top to cover, but I love that I can still wear my regular jeans & work pants

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks Ladies, my weight gain fears unfortunately are also a requirement to have a minimum of 10kgs and when the Dr told me that it was pre- IVF gain so I'm concerned how my knees are going to hold me up by the end of the pregnancy. I think I was about 57kg then and I'm 65.5 now! But so far still walking well at least no differently from pre-pregnancy
    Just don't want to be wheelchair bound before the end but know it's very likely. Exercise is hard for me as walking a 100m can be too much somedays. I tried swimming before and ended up with rotor cuff bursitis which was very painful and is still being treated as op didn't fix. It makes it hard but for me eating good food is my only way to monitor my weight but luckily I like healthy food but have just been a little naughty lately plus eaten a lot of muesli bars with hunger hitting as soon as I stir in the morning (or during the night) and if I dont eat before I get up I feel sick!
    Argh can't win right now! Maybe 2nd tri might be easier!
    Planning to BF but it's not always guaranteed it's going to happen so I can't rely on that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Orchids, my mum is a difficult one and have tried distance before but she just doesn't get it. Even after I said to her to keep family out of it she texted my Neice (who said it was a really confusing text from her Nan out of nowhere). My sister called my a bit ****ed off that I hadn't just left it alone and let her deal with it but as I said to her (which she understood) was the whole reason behind my text directly to my mum was that I don't want my sister or nieces to have to deal with it as that not right. My sister has had her issues with mum but she is trying to keep comms open for her daughters and granddaughters sake - which I admire her strength!
    Anyway I can't see my mother or I ever needing to correspond any more! Not sure what she'll do when she hears I have a baby but guess I'll deal with that when it happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I've been MIA for a while but I'll do my best.

Welcome to Lannie, hope4baby, Berra, ainsley and Annerly.

Hposs and seahorse-once again, I'm very sorry

Jay-weight gain is a concern for me also. I suffered from eating disorders throughout my teens and work really hard at eating healthy to maintain a healthy weight. I gained 1.5kg during ivf and only 1kg so far. I do have the ability to exercise so that helps and hoping to maintain regular activity all the way through, I hope you find something that works. I'm also sorry about how things are going with your mum. I'm a firm believer in removing people from my life who are bad for me. It's less stressful and although I sometimes miss them I know I am better off.

Arlais-it seems to be going so fast yet so slow. I can't believe you're almost at the halfway point. The scans sure are addictive.

Annerly-I have been experiencing stretching/cramping all along. It was quite unnerving at times but I have been assured it's all normal. 

Amps-I can't believe your still suffering from ms. Good to know you've got meds though. I haven't had any cravings at all but curry pie sounds good right about now.

Veritas-I hope you're well. I went looking for something to drink the other day and settled for the Coopers alcohol reduced (<0.5%) beer. I only had two mouthfuls and tipped it out. I know it's a minimal amount but I just couldn't get past the mental fact I was drinking beer.

Orchids-I'm still waiting in hope for growth in my boobs. A little girl waits....

Lotsa-I can't wait to feel something.

Jj and bedlover-yay for NT scan!!! Isn't it amazing!! I too held my breath until I saw my little one somersault. It was such a relief.

I know I've missed a few people, I should pop in more often to keep up. I hope you're all well.

Afm-finally made it to 12 weeks. The NT scan was mind blowing and for the first time I allowed myself to get excited and even well up. Was great to see there is actually something in there. My trisomy risks are so low they weren't even on the graph so we have decided not to have panorama done. The genetic counsellor said results don't come any better than mine.

It was my 28th birthday on Monday and I had a great week. After getting good NT results we finally told our families. People are amazed we kept it quiet for so long. We've told our parents, siblings and the cousins we see all the time. The puzzles didn't arrive to my mum and sister in time so I just sent a pxt message while I was on the phone. With the family we have here in Oz my birthday cake was a picture of my scan and it went down a treat.
    The pregnancy/birth stories have already begun which I have no interest in. My cousin has already said she is excited to be waiting at the hospital when I give birth. Needless to say, she didn't like my reply. I told her I won't be having ANY visitors until I'm ready.

I'm still only bloated and only have a bump at night after dinner. I think I'll be able to hide it for a couple more weeks and have no intention of telling work until it's obvious. All other friends will be after the anatomy scan, it's pretty easy considering they're all in NZ.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Amps  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my little one must be having a growth spurt, after a good run of 3 weeks I was incredibly sick this morning I haven't even had to take maxalon for about a week so I thought I was finally over it! Turns out a few ladies also due in April have also had a few random spews after getting over the daily nausea so I guess it must be fairly common.

Definitely feeling better now though, currently enjoying a glass of non-alcoholic cider. It's Cascade Premium Sparkling Apple Juice, but it tastes pretty close to the real deal!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - I've already decided part of my birth plan is I don't want "anyone" at the birth or waiting except for my dh. If things don't go to plan and he can't be there then I still don't want anyone else, just the hospital staff. It's the only way I won't feel any pressure. We will most likely be having a C-section so we plan to fake going for a check-up and tell everyone the next day. Some people might think this is a bit heartless but I need to do what is best for me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my first OB appointment today and feel like absolute rubbish. At work trying not to vomit. Gee I hope I start to feel better soon. I have only really had a week of sickness. Feel really sorry for the ladies who have been sick for weeks on end.

I'm the same amps, and will be pretty easy for us seeing as our family are in another state. But my mum will be in Canada when I am due and I was like no offense but I wouldn't want you here even if you were in the country. I think my hard part will be having them come and stay once the baby is born. Don't feel I can ask them to stay at a hotel, but just hope that the respect our space.

Happy Monday everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - think you did the right thing by telling her straight up your plan!

ABH - Good luck today at OB appt maybe nerves is feeding into your pS today. Hopefully once you see all is good you'll be fine. Good vibes your way!
    I would mention nearest places to stay if they want to visit straight after bub is born up front (as sometimes close family think that you'll appreciate an extra hand around the house when bub is born they don't think about you might not want that).
    I'm lucky as family aren't living close by anyway and they will ask when it's best to visit (as have planes to catch etc) so I'll inform them when we go into labour and let them know when we will be ready for visitor but I'll let them know straight up so they'll know as soon as we announce it that it'll be at least a month or two before I'll open my doors to staying visitors especially since this is our first.
    The biggest problem I've heard about is when they don't book a return ticket and want to stay on. My way around this is I'll be letting everyone know well have to know when they are coming and leaving as we have lots of family who'll want to visit and want to have a break in between just to ourselves!
    I think it's better to get it all out there now so there is no confusion!
    Last edited by Jay11; 28-10-2013 at 09:03.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (28-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - hugs its hard for some people around me to understand, as I'm not big, that sometimes watching our weight is a positive thing as there are so many negatives that's attached to eat. I learnt early to say my 'healthy eating plan to maintain my weight' which sounds weird but it's pretty much what I do - until the IVF journey with all its ups and downs made me indulge a little too much when I had bad news and not being able to hit the gym or run like I used to and all the meds oh and getting older it's just crept on. My gran & mother were bigger ladies and were a size 22 - 26 for a long while and developed diabetes from it so I know to not manage it would be detrimental to my health.
    Hopefully when we get the spa put in the backyard over Xmas just moving in the will help plus once my hunger & nausea settles I can be good again.