Closed Thread
Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just had to share I gave myself a Clexane injection for the first time tonight!! Quite proud of myself!

DH has been doing all the injections since we started IVF, but he's going away down south overnight to help his dad put a shed up. I figured it was about time I learnt to do it myself so I don't have to go along just so he can do my jab. Now he can go down with his sons and they can have a "boys only weekend" with their dad

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Arlais!!! It's so hard to do it for the first time isn't it? Must be a nice relief for you and will make things easy moving forward

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice work Alais

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Need to vent
    - just had a heated exchange of text messages with my mother who doesn't know I'm pregnant nor did I intend to tell her but anyway she knows how to punch. DH would of said I shouldn't have bothered with her but I had to - I'm in disbelief even though I expected a nasty reply as she can't help herself hence why I cut her off originally.
    Here goes....

My text:
    Please don't involve my family in your games, a grandmother should never involve her grandkids or children, in her own issues especially with other members of their family, it's not very mature nor fair on them or my sister. I've told them to not let you draw them into this as we have each other's numbers if needed & in an emergency.
    I have explained to you I don't wish for you to have my address, nor do I want mail from you (or I wouldn't have returned the card you sent down with Aunty J).
    Don't bother telling me how nasty you think I am as you did that already. It's a pity you still haven't changed but I guess I was just hopefully that since Your boyfriend was such a nice man it might have rubbed off but I see no change yet!
    Take care and best wishes to D

Her reply:
    Ok i did not think u could be so cold and hateful. Perhaps when your a mother you might have some love for them left in you then you will know how it feels when they reject you.

My reply (as could help it):
    Oh that's funny from you who has called me a ****, *****, nasty, cold, hateful and told me I was throwing my life away from joining the Defence full time! Telling me at my Nannas funeral you didn't want anything to do with me until Uncle J made you apologise! Saying things to me about my gran before and after she passed that was totally disrespectful to your own mother! I have never said a bad word to you despite everything you have thrown at me! Not to mention after everything I did to keep the peace in this family despite you trying to play games and guilt me to not talking to my dad! Trying to turn my Uncle against me and dad!
    I know I will be a great mother I have seen & taken note of so many things growing up! My kids would know I loved them unconditionally and I would be involved in their school & other activities no what it was! I would never try to make them feel bad just to make me feel better or accuse them of things just to upset them! Please don't even try to make me sound like I don't know what a good mother should be like as I know how much a mother can hurt you with childish games! I though cutting you off once might make you see what you had to loose but that didn't work if anything you tried to hold your tongue and play nice for a little while but unfortunately it didn't last! I have less stress in my life since you hung up on me 2 yrs ago and you have reaffirmed again why I don't want your influence on any child of mine! As I said take care and treasure what you have left!

Her reply
    (which made me laugh as she is technically saying my dad has filled my head with lies but everything I said was first hand only stuff):

I dont know were all this came from or who but thats not language i would ever use. Since nans funeral wd have been in contact many times and did everything to include u in grans as u know. I dont know who told u this or if u yourself want to justify not talking to me. Sorry u have taken in these lies instead of confronting me face to face. Have a good life. Mum
    Last edited by Jay11; 24-10-2013 at 09:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about that Jay. It's always so stressful to have those encounters. I'm very grateful I don't have that kind of drama in my life. Good luck with protecting those boundaries you have set and for any future communication with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jay, no one else can hurt you like family can

Your mum sounds a lot like my grandmother on my mum's side. She is constantly playing games and trying to turn her children against one another - it's so sad. The best thing my mum has done is cut her off completely. My sister still sees her occasionally, but I haven't had any contact for a long time. I didn't even invite her to my wedding last year, despite her calling me a couple of weeks before and trying to make me say "I love you" to her!!

Honestly our lives are so much less stressful without her influence. It's a sad and gut wrenching thing to do, but it definitely sounds like you're better off without your mum in your life. You will be a great mum precisely because you have an example of what NOT to do

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks hwater and Arlais - I try so hard to let her comments bounce off me but these pregnancy hormones make it so hard! I know she can't be well to be like that but my sister and I tried to get her help after my Dad left her in 2001 and she staged two suicides but she works in the system so knew what to say to look ok .... Then has held it against us since even though we did it because we love her despite how much she hurts us! But I can't inflict that on our children so I will have to stay strong when it comes to her. It's very sad especially when I know how much I love Junior already.
    My mother knows how much we want kids and that we were doing IVF so to hit so low had its desired effect! But I shouldn't be surprised really!
    I know I'm a better person then she was able to be and will be a great mum for learning from her mistakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just booked in my anatomy scan for 11/11. Can't believe I'm almost halfway through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Arlais!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ainsleyp For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very exciting Arlais!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-10-2013)