Closed Thread
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amps - wow that sounds horrible, hope you're ok. I know what you mean about feeling the size of a house. And I'm eating so much fibre! Metamucil, prunes, psyllium husk, broccoli! I've really noticed my belly (and so have others) in my 14th week. Apparently people are saying I can't hide it anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this? I work in a school so going to have to let the families know soon.

Bed lover- congrats on the results and scan! Do you have boys? I have a boy feeling too. Not sure why, I couldn't see anything on my scan. Wonder if it's intuition kicking in. How cute are the arms?!!! Precious.

Annerley / hwaterhouse- yeah the smoke is crazy. DH went and checked for me this morning and told me to stay in because it was smokey again. I have no doubt my sore throat and blocked nose are related to this. Doesn't help having to do yard duty in it yesterday. Didn't hear the warning. It's crazy realizing they're talking about you tho. I had that same reaction when I read your post Annerley. Heading to Woolongong as DH is working there this weekend. Hopefully the air is cleaner there...??

AFM- sore throat, can't swallow. I wake up really tired on the weekends and food is the only thing that kicks me into gear. Have hardly any energy often to stand in the kitchen. But even with no energy, sore throat...I'm still really happy. I love this feeling. Pregnancy is really helping me mellow out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all you ladies experiencing yucky stuff at the moment feel better soon. Also have my fingers crossed that the fires over there subside as soon as possible!

I had my first pregnancy massage this morning - it was divine Great for relaxing and hopefully ease my headaches.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vomited for the first time today. Went to Oktoberfest in Brisbane for an hour. Vomited in a bin and went home. Kind of funny now. Even had security come up, had to tell them I'm not drunk just pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Vomited for the first time today. Went to Oktoberfest in Brisbane for an hour. Vomited in a bin and went home. Kind of funny now. Even had security come up, had to tell them I'm not drunk just pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Haha! That is funny ABH. At least you would have blended in!! Sorry that you are sick though - it is the pits. Do yourself a favour and get some Maxolon.... Life. Saver.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Just a quick note to say my NT was fine - the risk came back as the lowest possible for my age across all 3 conditions tested. Baby was wriggly and waving its arms! Thought I saw a "package" in the between the legs shot, but it could have been a bit of umbilical cord! I have been convinced all of my pregnancies have been boys though!!
    Bedlover, so great to hear all went well at your NT scan. Now you can relax!
    Hahaha...like you, i thought i saw a 'package' too but then thought it could've been the umbilical cord!! I was reading that at this stage bub's genitals are swollen for both girls and boys so its very hard to say its one or the other. Which pleases me cos I really want to have a surprise!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps- sorry to hear you have been so unwell! I know a girl who ended up being in hospital from intense MS and the wafers really helped- hope they do the trick for you. I know I sound crazy but I'm looking forward to have a small amount of sickness but wouldn't want it that badly, I think I'd regret wishing for it if I ended up going through what you have!

Bedlover- great news on your scan, you must be so relieved! So happy everything looks like it's going really well

Lotsa- the smoke seems to have lessened a lot here, which is good! I'm lucky in one way that my job is indoors. It would have been tough being out in it. Hope it's not as bad there anymore as well!

Arlais- the massage sounds fantastic! Will be looking into this when I get further along! I had a massive headache the other night and I'm sure I'll be getting some more so anything that relieves those will be most welcomed!

ABH- sorry to hear you vomited but I had to laugh when I read your post, the part about security pulling you up thinking you were drunk! Anyone else been sick I public?

Orchards- you must be really strong, I can't wait to know whether it's a boy or girl, I'm so impatient!!

AFM: I called yesterday and booked my GP appointment to get my obs referral but I still have to book in for my 8wk scan, I've been meaning to do it since I got my second beta! Besides that I'm currently lathered up in bio oil at the moment, trying to start early!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys! Sorry- I have a lot of catching up to do- getting to know you all!

I was going to say Annerley- I am SMOTHERING myself in oils and creams!!! It occurred to me that I actually have a very small torso (I'm also very short) and so I'm likely to stick straight out if everything goes to plan I'm so excited to be over 5 wks now- and all seems good! I have booked in a scan for 7weeks and plan to get my ob referral before the 10wk scan. I'm trying to be positive, but it seems like some people here i have run into trouble googling everything! In particular, blighted ovum etc. I think I'm going to completely freak out over the scan! But it is really nice to see how well everyone is doing here with scans and verifi tests- gives me hope!

Thanks for sharing guys!

Think will have to self impose google ban...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being over 5 weeks Berra. Google bans are a good idea. Keeping yourself as busy as possible helps too. My midwife suggested olive oil for the belly. I've been putting it on and it's great.

So I've booked into a calm birth course for February. And I start belly dancing class with a midwife on Tuesday. Looking forward to getting into some classes.

It's great about the smoke clearing Annerley! My throat is really sensitive to that sort of stuff. I have been sick all weekend but it's definitely getting better. Remember a few years ago when Sydney turned red from all the dust?

Crashing early tonight. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Monday ladies! I’ve finally had a chance to catch up on this thread and think I know where everyone is at now!

Arlais – massage sounds amazing. Did you go to a special place?

ABH – haha! Yes, you would have fit right in. I’m sorry you’re feeling unwell though. How many weeks are you? I’m wondering when my queasiness will turn into actually being sick!

Bedlover – so glad your NT scan went perfectly. How gorgeous that your baby was moving around heaps. Will you find out the gender?

Annerley – How is your stomach going? Mine is still quite bloated from the stim cycle. I’m wondering if it will go down before it gets big again? I can’t fit into any of my jeans and struggling with work clothes as well, but I don’t want to buy anything until the heartbeat scan. How strange about the psychic’s prediction! I wonder if it will turn out to be true. Do you have your heartbeat scan booked?

BerraBrooder – Congrats on being over 5 weeks! Not long to go before your 7 week scan – will that be the heartbeat one? Don’t google anymore! Nothing you can do/read will change the outcome….so try and relax. Haha if only I could take me own advice!

Lotsathoughts – Those belly dancing classes sound great! I haven’t read much about calm birth, but I’ll look into it. Is your sore throat better? How nice that you’re becoming relaxed with pregnancy – I hope the same happens for me!

Lannie – 9 cycles! Well done to you! That’s fantastic that your levels are rising. I know what you mean about it being hard to be happy…..I’m trying not to read/research too much….but then you don’t want to spend the first few weeks unexcited either – you’ve been waiting so long for this!

Orchids – tell me about it. My boobs are still tiny and not very sore at all. Not fair! That’s awesome that you haven’t had any morning sickness though! Great work with the scan as well – how exciting!

Hwaterhouse – I hear you with the insomnia. I’m waking at ridiculous times and finding it hard to get back to sleep because I’m hungry.

JJTiger – Thank you! My friend has had a ‘cold’ throughout her whole pregnancy. Is yours pregnancy related or a real one?

Amps – you poor thing. Are the wafers working? There’s no worse feeling is there…..15 weeks is great news though – surely the sickness should end soon!?

Hposs – Good luck today. I have my fingers crossed for you. Don’t think too much into the lack of symptoms. You’re still crying – so that’s a good sign!

SimpsonDesert
    – Welcome back! You lucky thing to be jetting of on holidays. How did you go flying? Have you told everyone your new with your bump being noticeable? I don’t know how I’m going to hide it for another 2 months! Good luck for your NT scan – you’ll notice a massive change in bubs since 8 weeks!

Hope4Baby – Good luck with your beta today! We’re close in due dates J I still have cramps although they’ve settled down a lot which the nurse said they would once my uterus got used to what is going on!

Seahorse1 – That’s great news about your scan. Keep that smile on your face – you’ve had amazing results and deserve to be super happy about it J

Octoberbaby2010 – How exciting that you have the date booked in already – I must admit a c section sounds tempting for that reason. I’m not good with surprises!

Rtkirk – Has your boss become any more supportive?

Jay11 – Is your ear feeling any better?

Catlover74 – That scan photo is amazing – congratulations!!!!! You must be so happy.

LittleMissMagic – That’s great that your MS has eased….I don’t think the anxiousness will ever go away, it’s just a matter of learning to cope with it as best you can.

Milly888 – How is your bedrest going? I hope the clots have gone. My friend had this and went on to deliver a healthy baby. I’m sure you will be the same, it’s just worrying in the meantime isn’t it?

Stc76 – wow!!!!! Congratulations! What an amazing photo to have.

AFM – waiting, waiting. Have my 6 week scan next week. So nervous, but trying to remember that stressing does me no good! My cramps have lessened...I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing! And I'm waking up starving. Trying to remember that I don't have to eat for 2 yet!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ainsleyp For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (26-10-2013),Seahorse1xxx  (21-10-2013),SimpsonDesert  (26-10-2013),stc76  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG AinsleyP I hear you about being starving. I have been constantly hungry since about 6 weeks. I have put on about 4 kilos. Trying to eat healthier and am thinking of signing up to Preggie Bellies or similar.

Sorry to hear that you arent well Amps and ABH. My MS seems to have kicked in at week 11 and now its settled into a lovely nausea every morning. I thought after 12 weeks it was supposed to go away I hope you both feel better really soon.
    Congrats Bedlover on your NT results. Its such a relief isnt it? Now it feels ok to think about the future doesnt it? I have even started looking at bassinets.

And big welcome to Lannie- you are a strong lady to have gone through 9 cycles. I defn admire the ladies on this site who have gone through multiple cycles- 1 stressed me out I cant imagine coping with more.