Closed Thread
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Everyone,

Popping in while I'm between holidays , came home from Thailand on Monday and we are off again this Sunday for a camping trip. Lovely to see so many happy updates and lots of new June mummies!

Arlais- Congrats on your fantastic news!! Must be amazing knowing you're carrying a perfect baby girl . Have fun choosing names!

Bedlover- Best of luck for your NT scan today! Whatever nerves you're feeling will vanish once you see your wriggling bubba xo.

ABH- So happy for you that everything looked great at your 2nd scan and hope you've relaxed a little now. Good luck for the Panorama results.

hwaterhouse- congrats on your awesome NT results! We contacted people individually to tell them as well. I hope the congrats are flowing in thick and fast!

Orchids- how hard is it catching up in here after a even a short absence?! Yay for low risk NT results and seeing so many real human features! Have fun sharing your wonderful news.

Jay- bummer that your eardrum problem has returned. I hope it resolves itself quickly. The mega belly bloating and gas sure is fun isn't it! My belly is huge by the evenings (I reckon I look 6m preg too). I'm certainly getting my revenge on DH for all the years I've put up with his toxic emissions lol!

JJ- so close to your 12wk scan now! Mine is the Wed after yours and I can't wait either. Best of luck! We've agreed on a surprise and won't find out the sex. I hope you can convince DH to wait it out.

Annerley- Congrats on such an amazing result on your first ICSI cycle! A BFP and 4 frozen blasties is phenomenal!!

Ainsley- Huge congrats on your long-awaited BFP! The wait for the first scan was excruciating for me and I did stupid things like googling blighted ovums and ectopics, worked myself into a terrible state. Please DON'T do that!! I had weekly BTs to give me some reassurance, but mostly I was a mess until I saw the heartbeat. So long as AF stays away and you're not in pain, stay positive and have faith that a miracle is happening xo.

RTkirk- Woo-hoo for great NT results! Nice to hear your workplace are being supportive, though I'm also very surprised you weren't congratulated by everyone. I guess your boss was too busy thinking ahead to mat leave arrangements, which just goes to show that you're obviously an important team member if they're already worried about how to cover for you.

Seahorse- sorry you had a fright with bubs measurements, I'm so thrilled that all is well now and your little one has caught up. I've had a noticeable belly since 8wks and now at 10wks there's no hiding it. I did not expect to show this early and it came as quite a shock to me.

Catlover- yay for seeing a heartbeat and passing the 7wk milestone!

Milly- Sorry the 7wk scan came with bittersweet news for you. Seeing the heartbeat is fantastic but hearing 'threatened miscarriage' is terrifying. Did you have your second scan yet? I hope the bed rest has given bub a chance to latch on tight and the burst blood vessel has cleared up.

Hope4baby- OMG those HCG levels are amazing! Congrats!! Can't wait to find out if you have one or two bubbas on board .

Lots- Yay for 14wks! I hear you on being scared to tell people outside your immediate family & close friends. We've told our nearest & dearest in person & over the phone and stopped at that. I love those moments when the reality of being pregnant sets in, we truly are blessed

Berra- congrats and welcome! Your name seems familiar, perhaps from the NK thread? Awesome to see you with a BFP after taking pred and hope you have an easy pregnancy.

Hposs- I cried when I saw the heartbeat too, such a beautiful sight to behold. I agree with the others, don't be too worried about the measurements. +/- 5 days is normal and I'm sure things will be great at your next scan.

Kittybee- I chuckled at your comment to the sonographer, paranoia is a totally valid reason to get a dating scan! Wonderful news that bub has a strong heartbeat and measurements are perfect. I haven't bought anything and probably won't until after my baby shower. We already have a port-a-cot and bassinet (hand-me-downs). The full on nursery furniture can wait until later as bub will be in our room for the first few months.

Stc- oh wow, twins!! Huge congrats on your great scan results and two bundles of joy!

Ngaiz- Good luck for your scan next week and have fun sending your announcement puzzles! Love that idea . Did you end up getting a doppler?

Hi to October, Nirok, LMM, Veritas and everyone else

AFM- Had a lovely trip to Koh Samui for a friend's wedding but the whole time I was away I just wanted to be home, bizarre! Must be a nesting thing. I'm 10w5d now and have a noticeable bump. I have mixed feelings about my changing body, its reassuring to see my belly growing but not I'm liking the weight piling on everywhere else... I've gained a massive 7kg since my BFP. My NT scan is booked for 30th Oct, can't wait to see how much bub has changed since the last scan at 8wks.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (18-10-2013),hwaterhouse  (18-10-2013),lotsathoughts  (18-10-2013),Orchids  (18-10-2013),Seahorse1xxx  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, is it okay if I join? I finally got my BFP last Thursday after 9 cycles, the last few with pgd. Had another bloodtest yesterday and levels are rising which is good. Have scan booked in for Thurs 31st. My due date is June 19. It's hard being happy, but trying to control my excitement in case things don't go to plan.
    congrats to everyone in this thread. IVF is such a long road and I truly believe that we are all proof that miracles do happen - even to us!! Wishing you all very happy and healthy pregnancies.
    xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lannie For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Simpson I've missed your comprehensive posts while you are out jetsetting around the world. Hope you enjoy your camping trip!

Welcome lannie!! Wow - 9 cycles! Amazing. Really wishing for you that you are holding your little bub in June.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Lannie on your BFP! How exciting! Welcome

Welcome back from what sounds like such a lovely holiday Simpson!

Bedlover, hope your NT scan went well this arvo. I was really anxious before mine too and tried to distract myself with other things even though its easier said than done.

Hposs, try not to worry too much. I haven't had MS symptoms or the like since day one. Boobs don't even feel sore or big! And everything has turned out ok for me so far.

Arlais, so pleased to hear you got good results for your Verifi test. Must feel like a huge weight has been lifted. Now time to celebrate

Sending good vibes to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I agree, love the Simpson updates! You're so supportive of us individually! I feel like saying "ditto" as you really hit the nail on the head with your comments. I was away at around 11weeks too and noticed my bump, particularly in my swim suit.

I wish I could write personals right now. I do read and look forward to how you're going. Today I'm home early from work as I'm feeling a little under the weather. Just a sore throat that I think came after the smoke from the bush fires infiltrated our flat. I live in the city but my prayer go out to those facing it all.

A big hooray and welcome to all the new baby mummas! Congrats! Your journeys are so inspiring and I'm happy your miracle has arrived. Fingers crossed for a safe journey ahead. Are we going to have a few twins in here too?? The waits for the scans are torture! But the heartbeats are so worth the wait. I loooove seeing them but I'm finding hearing them is what's getting me teary now. So special. I love thinking back to the image of the embryo I saw before they popped it back in. It blows me away.

Symptoms, I've had hardly any too. And yes it can sometimes be worrying. Lately I've been dealing with tiredness (almost worse than the first trimester - think cause I'm back at work after my trip). And also, a really slow digestion process. Oh and also wake up frequently to go to the bathroom which is fine if I can go back to sleep but not cool if my mind is in a wired mood.

Ok my mind has gone blank. I'm sure there was more but we'll leave it at that for now.

Happy Friday! Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lotsa, I live in Penrith at the base of the Blue Mountains where the air was actually quite clear this morning and work in Martin Place - I couldn't believe how smoky it was in here! Not surprised that you have a sore throat.

I agree with you. Hearing the heartbeat is more exciting to me than seeing bub on a screen - not sure why - but I just connected better.

My tiredness isn't as bad as it was (actually I had insomnia last night and only slept 2 hours!) but the frequency of trips to the loo is mental. I'm fine if I'm sitting down, but even if I've recently gone walking around is so uncomfortable. I thought I got away with it in the 1st trimester and it was supposed to ease 2nd but it's been the opposite. When I actually researched it I read the break during the 2nd trimester was a bit of a myth. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and my thoughts are with those of you who are worried about their pregnancies. Hopefully next week brings some answers. xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your BFP Ainsley!

How great is it to see the heartbeat catlover

It's amazing how much our little beans grow in 2 weeks ABH.. Take it easy. We too did the harmony test and waiting on the results which should come back next week

Hope4baby I know how you're feeling.. We are always stressing over our little miracles whether we feel something or don't..

Congrats on the scan Seahorse and glad baby has caught up and is doing well

Arlais- yay!! For the great results. Such a relief! Yay, to team pink! How exciting!!

Annerley congrats on your BFP and welcome to the thread..

Orchids so happy for you and such a relief to get such wonderful results

Thinking of you hposs and hoping for the best x

Simpsondesert I'm so jealous I love Thailand! You will notice a massive change from your 8 week scan.. I had one last week at 11 weeks and I even got a wave

Congrats Iannie.. It sure is a hard journey but worth it in the end and makes it so much more special!

AFM - I'm at home again today.. Got a shocking cold

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

lannie  (19-10-2013),Orchids  (20-10-2013),Seahorse1xxx  (18-10-2013),SimpsonDesert  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the warm welcome messages ladies!

So glad to hear many of you have had some great new lately at your scans and blood tests- Orchard and Arlais, so happy the news was good for you both! The news of your little girl is so exciting Arlais! I can't wait to find out as I don't do surprises. Anyone else on this thread planning to find out as well?

Simpson- wow! Your post was excellent! I don't know how you keep up, do you take notes? Thanks, I feel like I've caught up a whole lot just from reading your post alone. How exciting that you have a bump and also on your Koh Samui trip! Visiting there is definitely on my bucket list!
    We weren't really expecting that much from our first cycle as everyone says it is like a trial, so feeling very blessed! We started with 7 eggs retrieved and got 6 fertilised and only lost one on day 5, that one was an early blast so almost got there but didn't make to it late blasts like the others.

Hposs- don't you write yourself off yet! I know I'm only really early but my symptoms decreased yesterday before my beta so I was thinking it may not be progressing properly- I was soon proven very wrong!! I'm confident for you!

Ainsley- how exciting that it could be twins for you. I only had the one transferred so unless in the unlikely case that it split, we won't be having twins. A psychic told my early this year that I will have a son in the star sign of Gemini so if she is right, I'll be at least two days early, so we'll see!

Iannie- nice to meet you, another June baby- yay! So glad you got your bfp!

JJJTiger- hope you feel better soon!

Lotsa and Hwaterhouse- the smoke is so terrible! I'm up the coast and there have been some 15min drive from where I live and yesterday the sky was red. I hate fires, it's pretty scary! This morning I heard on the radio that there was a warning for asthmatics, babies and pregnant ladies- I could help but think wow, they are referring to me, not that I was too worried about the smoke inhalation, more just thinking of myself as a pregnant lady!

AFM- I'm 5weeks on Monday, can't wait til Christmas time to be able to tell the world of our news!
    Last edited by Annerley; 18-10-2013 at 18:57.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lannie  (19-10-2013),lotsathoughts  (19-10-2013),SimpsonDesert  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, sorry I've been mia, spent Sunday and Monday in hospital, very bad morning sickness, ended up dehydrated and couldn't stop retching. Sent me home with ondansetron wafers, I'm allergic to maxalon. I'm 15 weeks today and feel the size of a beached whale, might have a bit to do with the fact that I haven't been to the loo properly for over a week. Dh is enjoying 1 side-effect of this pregnancy, I've gone from a 12b to a 12d.
    Sending you all heaps of and

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Welcome new comers - I love see our little group grow and knowing some other peoples dreams have just come true!

Welcome home Simpson!!

Just a quick note to say my NT was fine - the risk came back as the lowest possible for my age across all 3 conditions tested. Baby was wriggly and waving its arms! Thought I saw a "package" in the between the legs shot, but it could have been a bit of umbilical cord! I have been convinced all of my pregnancies have been boys though!!

Anyhoo, just kicking back with a Tim Tam on the couch and about to go to bed!! Night!!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (18-10-2013),lotsathoughts  (19-10-2013),Orchids  (18-10-2013),SimpsonDesert  (18-10-2013)