Closed Thread
Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ABH - just been reading back through the thread and realised I missed you question about Invisalign! I loved the Invisalign as I didn't need too much done but just like braces it isn't pain free as each alignment / plate is designed to move the teeth in certain positions just like braces - the beauty is if it's hurting too much you can take them out for a little break - the downside is you have to take them out to each with can be a bit embarrassing but I learnt to work around them eg take them out in the car before I went to get something to eat etc and then just pop them back in after. At the end of treatment My teeth looked great and I still wear them most nights to make sure my teeth stay in place but I think it's better then having wired in you mouth! They can also be more expensive then braces but I found the are cheaper through a normal dentist then an orthedontist! Hope that answers your question, sorry for late reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck nirok wish I was already seeing my OB very excited for that appointment - so jealous but know my time will come!

AFM - 8 weeks today some days a little queasy but still no pS yet. Queasiness made better this arvo by Mark Webber getting pole position in the FI. Go Marky Mark!!!
    Headaches seem to be sorted by going back to having 1xdaily single shot coffee latte a lot weaker then I used to but enough for my head plus lattes seem to make me less queasy then cappuccinos do.
    Now just counting down till my age ticks over another number and then not too long after is my OB appt, which after this appt my hubby's work is going to pick up and will probably mean a few night at home alone. But at least I'm not completely along now with Junior in my belly 💋
    Last edited by Jay11; 12-10-2013 at 21:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there lovely bh friends.

Met our midwife today (it was pushed back due to a labor) and she was fantastic! She also confirmed that we are low risk which was really nice to hear. Got to listen to bub's heartbeat too which is just music to my ears now. Love it so much. Oh and she told us about various classes and courses run at the hospital and recommended prenatal belly dancing! It's supposed to be great for the pelvis and sounds like a good laugh so I might look into it!
    Have been sooooo tired these last few days. Good to be home in my own bed after a work retreat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats lotsa glad you heard the heart & really like your midwife!
    Belly dancing sounds fun but unfortunately another thing I can't do with my physical disabilities but hopefully I can do some exercises in out new spa going in at Xmas (on a low heat setting of cause) to give me some exercise as fairly limited these days.
    Hope you have fun if you do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spa exercise sounds great too Jay! You're going to make it work for you and that's fantastic! At the moment exercise is the last thing on my mind. I'm sure the second trimester will bring some energy beans!...hopefully

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So baby brain has kicked in and I accidentally outed myself at a party today!! A friend is a nurse who knows my OB, and he said to say hi to her when I had my first appt this week. I absent mindedly passed his message on then drew a blank when she asked me why I had seen the OB!!! Oops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Bedlover - that's funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi!!

Bedlover that's so funny!! Something I would do.

Lotsa-glad you like your midwife. Hearing that heartbeat is amazing!

Jay-glad you've found a way to exercise that will be gentle on your body. I would have terrible if I walked out of a shop without paying, I really don't know what I would do.

Nirok-I have no symptoms at all either and I find it quite stressful. In saying that, everything was perfect at my scan at 9 weeks and the HB was strong. I've been looking at dopplers.

Arlais-I'd love to take some of your ms from you. 

Hamptonk-OMGosh how exciting to be feeling things!!!

Milly-I booked in the day of my 7 week scan. 

Veritas-we are all thinking about you x

I hope everyone is well.

To everyone else.

Afm-as mentioned, still no symptoms...would do anything to have some nausea right now! I've been looking at Dopplers to try and curb my anxiety. Did anyone else end up getting one? Had NT bloods yesterday and my scan is in 8 days, it can't come soon enough. I went out and bought a few gender neutral bodysuits yesterday, I really have no idea what I need and how much. Also, everything for girls is pink! Pink, pink and more pink! Lord help me if I'm having a girl, I despise pink. I'm still undecided if I want to find out. I spend the day making puzzles from 5x7 prints of my scan to send home as our announcements. I've also planned my own surprise birthday cake, haha. It's going to be a photo cake with the same scan picture which we will use to tell our small group of family here in Oz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick note to let you all know that NT results were great and no anticipated problems. Yay!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - wow your organised. I have found KMart is a great place for non pink baby girl outfits. I have a Chilean friend who hates pink and now has too daughter so have found on both occasions lots of red&white, green, purple outfits there. Can't wait to shop for Junior as DH wants to know the sex which I recon gives me the green light to buy