Closed Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, glad you're Mum is doing well but sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Maybe see your GP if you are worried about the pain. Hopefully it's just stretching from baby getting comfy but it might put your mind at ease and hopefully you will get some sympathy from DP. I have a horrible cold ATM and I'm not getting any sympathy!!

Hposs, congrats and welcome. I hope you have an uneventful pregnancy. I know it is a stressful time but try not to worry too much. My MS kicked in at exactly 6 weeks. It was any all day nausea rather than actually being sick. That was really the only symptom for me and tiredness but everyone is so different and some people don't get any symptoms at all and still have very healthy pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Seahorse! Fingers crossed everything works out as you hope. I don't think 5 days is anything to worry about at this stage. My OB told me that scans are dated basically + or - 5 days, and sometimes babies are just a bit smaller or bigger than average. You've seen the heartbeat so that's a really good sign!

The predisilone could definitely be masking some symptoms. I had all day nausea and was vomiting daily by around 7-8 weeks, but I weaned off it completely a couple of weeks ago and since then I've had a few really bad days where I've felt so sick that I've had to stay in bed. So I'd hate think how bad my morning sickness would have been from the beginning if I wasn't on it.

I'm still on the Clexane and will be until 20 weeks. It's so much easier now than what it was to start with - I'm even bruising less and barely flinch when DH injects me. I did go through a few weeks of getting very anxious about the injections and somewhat depressed when it came to injection time, but it does pass

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (07-10-2013),Seahorse1xxx  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Seahorse! FS & nurses have to prepare you for the worse. After your next scan they should have a good idea as to grow rates and then hopefully you can breathe a sign of relief and enjoy! Sorry you haven't had the picture perfect start that we all hope for. But all going well it will make bub all that more special! Big Hugs

Arlais - I totally concur about the clexane blues as currently there! Bruising was nearly every injection at first but then stopped for awhile in certain areas but then got one massive bruise the other day when I did an injection whilst at a friends place and because I didn't keep pressure on it after it bruised bad - so annoyed at myself but was trying to hide doing the injections & the pregnancy from everyone which makes it hard! Plus trying to get some privacy when in someone else's house to do an injection is very hard so I think I also rushed it a little which didn't help. Hope I get past the injection blues soon but still hoping I can stop at 12wks too as FS said I could go to 36wks - Yikes!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DOH scan moved to Wed!! just want to see junior & was so excited to see the difference a week on. But guess one day won't kill me

Migraine since Fri night is the worse ATM! So decided it might be because I didn't have a coffee Fri night as planned and haven't had one since so this arvo I had my first & it tasted good! Head still hurting but guess the coffee if half strength to what I'm used to so can't expect it to be my a miracle cure but seems to have helped a little.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had the Verifi blood test done. Now to wait a week or so for the results. I keep telling myself that there's nothing I can do, I just have to try and relax as much as possible and hope for the best. Although I've been put in the high risk category, there's only actually about a 0.5% chance that the baby has DS so I'm trying to look at it as an early chance to find out gender!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias - can only imagine how hard this next week will be but I think with those odds you should be able to relax & not worry too much but know it'll be hard! I'm dreading getting to this test stage as I'm not very patient and a big worrier about things like this!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a big worrier too Jay, but surprisingly feel okay about it now I've actually had the test done. Hope it lasts the rest of the week!

I hope my situation hasn't made anyone too concerned about their possible test results. Hopefully by the time most others are at 12 weeks I'll have good news from my Verifi results and be able to be an example not to worry too much if their risk factor comes back higher than expected.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - mothers intuition maybe

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm 2x muesli bars, then a break before vegemite on toast followed not long after by piping hot pea&ham soup plus I had a coffee grins (latte instead of cappuccino 4 some reason sits better with me).
    Wonder if that will fill me for a little while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse, congratulations and welcome! That's great that you saw a nice strong heartbeat and my nurses also told me +/- 5 days is fine. Will you have any more scans?

Arlais, I'm sure you will get good news. As you say the odds are still massively in your favour that everything is fine. Great that you get to find out the gender so early too!

AFM results are in and it is a low risk pregnancy. My MS has also eased and I actually slept really well last night. Things are looking up! Yay!

Good luck to those with scans this week..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-10-2013),Seahorse1xxx  (08-10-2013)