+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How to choose a new oven...there are so many!!

So, my oven died last week.

I need a new one...so I have been looking online to choose a new one...OMG...how on earth do i choose???

I want a wall one...would be good if it fit in the same spot as the outgoing one lol

I bake a lot...cakes/cupcakes

I do roasts.

What is a steam oven and do i want one?

I am happy to spend up to about $2k if it is worth it...but would prefer to spend around $1k.

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First thing to decide is your budget. Its easy to get caught up in the fancy ovens and end up spending more than you want.

Next thing to consider is what you use the oven most for. Baking, family dinners. Is it one for long periods of time. Do you entertain alot?

Is cleaning an issue for you, you can get ovens with self cleaning walls etc.

I wouldnt be inclined to buy a steam oven.

When my oven died i purchased a 'double oven'. I bake nearly every day, i cook dinner ever night (as do most mums i guess), i make pretty much everything from scratch and my oven is on almost every single day.

I can recommend this oven
    http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/f...n-stove-cds60/

I love this oven as the grill is also an oven, great for when your entertaining and have heaps going on. It also means i can be cooking dinner and baking cookies at the same time.
    I spent $1500 including installation and delivery. Check out online stores, you can save alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you get one with good temp increments. Our new one goes up by 25 each time and the numbers are close together with no dots in between. I'm going ti have to get a thermometer so I can cook foods that need the temp to be perfect

ps-get a meile if you can, I used one at a friends holiday house and omg it was amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We put an Ilve in our new kitchen and am super happy with it. It keeps roasts etc super moist and has a lot of great settings like pizza setting etc. Ours is free standing though so you'd need to see if other versions are available.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might have to go out to some shops on the weekend and talk to some people...will do it without the kids i think!!

That website is great loislane so will use it as a price comparison while I am at good guys/harvey norman.

I have been really struggling without my oven...and in all honesty it will be a few weeks before I can afford a new one and it is driving me nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Harvey norman have interest free deals....have just started harassing DH lol I don't think I can go a month without my oven!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ask yourself a few questions, before being bombarded by sales people and them asking you the questions lol.

Do you want an electric or gas oven. ?
    Do you want a grill ?
    Do you want fan forced ?
    Do you want a self cleaning oven. I think that is where the steam thing comes in play, however I could be wrong.
    If it is a wall oven, I assume you have a size you have to stick to, unless this is changeable. So that would cut alot of models down.
    Do you want stainless steel, or enamel ?
    Do you want a clock on it ?
    What size, if you it is not a wall oven there is the 900mm or 600mm
    Also definately look at the size of the oven INSIDE - as from memory they are all different, and you might be battling to get a roast into it !!!!!

I always check Choice for any reviews on big applicances I am looking at buying, so might be worth a check, they tell you things to look at for

Some things for you to consider LOL

Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ariston oven in my old house, I loved it! Now we have a Westinghouse and it's definitely not as good. It has hot spots grrrr.