+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SAHM loneliness?

Im wondering if any SAHM get lonely?

I'm not usually a SAHM but currently on mat leave.

DH is at work from 630am- 6/7pm each day and in at home with a newborn and toddler.

When DH comes home from work he Is tired from work and the broken sleep if having a newborn in our room

I am part of online groups, a mothers group and do play group once a week.

But I miss speaking to someone. My best friends all have chn and work and are busy and although we catch up on weekends it can sometimes be al day I go without having a conversation with an adult.

I feel like DH is always on his phone when home or doing work. I do the same when I'm working so try not to mind but I'm lonely ... And I don't think DH gets it

Any thoughts on how I to communicate this to DH or should I find other ways to get adult conversation?

What do you do to keep from being lonely?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where are you located? Find mums in your neighbourhood that you can catch up with in a local park or library. Join the nearest church and get involved in their activities.

Hth.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Yep I get lonely and I don't drive so if I want to go out it has to be accessible by public transport.

Some days are worse than others and on those days I visit my grandparents.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like tadpole, I don't drive, and it can be very lonely, and sometimes a little isolating.
    I only really venture out to go to appointments or to the shops. I don't have much in family support to assist me if I honestly needed it.
    But I am so stuck in my ways now, I have accepted how things are. Probably not a good thing, because the thought of going out with friends and stuff, doesn't sound at all appealing anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I'm not a SAHM as I work part time but I feel that at times as I'm a single mummy. So even on the days that I work I come home and I'm the only adult and on the days I don't work it's just me and tge kids all day and night.

I'm a very sociable person so I was really feeling it up until recently. I decided to make an effort to catch up with my other mummy friends when I could (all of my friends are also working parents). So now I regularly have adult interaction as I rotate and constantly organise catch ups. It's mainly me doing the chasing but I'm quite happy with the company so I don't mind.

Could you schedule in some playground/beach/pool catch ups with other friends even if they aren't close? I've got way more acquaintances now but they aren't my 'best friends' if years. They are more 'same circumstances' friends if that makes sense??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Out To Pasture, I'm stuck in my ways as well. I used to whinge and whinge to my husband that I'm so lonely. But you know it's really hard to find like minded friends out there. In the past I've noticed they had an agenda like wanting to use you etc. Some were jealous and rude. So I figured iam cool with not having friends. Don't enjoy going out for coffee with friends anymore cause the little black box made an appearance and I find that very rude.

I volunteer so make small talk to adults that way. As far as having friends. Friends come and go. I think the more correct term to use these days is aquaintence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmum2 View Post
    Like Out To Pasture, I'm stuck in my ways as well. I used to whinge and whinge to my husband that I'm so lonely. But you know it's really hard to find like minded friends out there. In the past I've noticed they had an agenda like wanting to use you etc. Some were jealous and rude. So I figured iam cool with not having friends. Don't enjoy going out for coffee with friends anymore cause the little black box made an appearance and I find that very rude.

I volunteer so make small talk to adults that way. As far as having friends. Friends come and go. I think the more correct term to use these days is aquaintence.
    I must be having one if those days but I have to ask what is a little black box....???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there, I joined a gym with a crèche that's near to where I live and now have a new friend & new acquaintances that live nearby who also have kids! I'm a SAHM for 2 yrs now and joined 6 months ago - wish I'd thought of it sooner!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    I must be having one if those days but I have to ask what is a little black box....???????
    Phone maybe?

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    iPhone girls.