+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    AND WHERE BACK!! Bubs is a lot happier today feeding again like normal and even going down for naps.

I shouldn't have given her formula in the morning and then at night the other day.

Hopefully things keep up like this. Yippeee!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (03-10-2013),MilkingMaid  (03-10-2013),VicPark  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    great to hear. Still going well? ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I actually found bf or ff made no difference in dds sleeping.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ditto!! i WISH i could have dosed ds up on formula for a full nights sleep! ohhh what i would have given for that!!! and i would not have felt guilty at all.
    ds learnt to slep longer as he got older. its pretty normal for 7week olds to feed 2 hourly or less round the clock on breast milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes still going well! She feeds every 2 hours sometimes 3 during the day but is much more content afterwards and then sleeps a long stretch at night.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-10-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Hang in there! You're going great

BF'ing can be extordinarily challenging but very VERY worth it.

For various reasons I mix fed my DS and I too was really shocked at the difference in behaviour from when he had BM to FF. If he had BM he was fussy, didn't sleep, always wanted more etc. With FF I had this content little baby who lay there any did cute baby things. FF can be so very tempting in the early weeks/months but when you get it all sorted it becomes really easy and convenient plus you get a cure-all for hunger, thirst, putting your baby to sleep, comforting them, giving medicine, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    Yes still going well! She feeds every 2 hours sometimes 3 during the day but is much more content afterwards and then sleeps a long stretch at night.
    Fantastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by withlovesiobhan View Post
    Thanks guys you have made me feel so much better and a bit more confident. I should have come here first!

It is definately rewarding, I'm going to ditch the formula so its not even around.
    Good on you 😀 you can do this and you will reep the rewards for pushing through you will find you most likely won't need to take any supplements especially if your feeding in demand your milk supply will boost, when your supply establish itself your breast will rarely become engorged but don't worry that doesn't mean there is no milk trust me I could never express a lot either but I successfully breastfeed ds2 for just over 12 months so don't worry about expressing too much coz how the pump works and how bub sucks are different your baby will always get more milk than a pump.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And your advice on just focusing on a smaller goal is great! So i'm set on 3 months and then I will try get to 6 months, hopefully I will make it to 12 months! So far it's been 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your doing a great job!! My dd2 was a fully bf 2 hr feeder so I feel your pain def focus a month at a time aba has a great fact sheet on all the benefits hanging in there for each extra month is achieving for u n babe I found it super motivating