+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sick of it

So today I had to go into centrelink to sort some stuff out and when I told the lady I was pregnant she's goes how old r u??(still not relevant) it's noones concern!!
    I'm 18 not 10!!
    Just because I look young dosent give randoms the right to judge me.

I walk in a shop to buy something. The two ladies laugh and talk **** about me right there!!!

People need to learn respect .
    Being pregnant young is a blessing to me.
    Wether your 13 or 46 if you want a baby go for it,coz it's ur decision and pride.
    Rant over

Good on you perfect teen mums

Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was 18 when I was pregnant with my first, 19 by the time I had him, i didn't find i was judged etc when having him, but when i was having my second at 20 i found i was judged and commented on alot.
    I never cared.
    Hold your head high

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

smeksyluvzherbabys  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feel your pain! I had ds at 18 and just had dd at 21 and I'm still judge....both our children were planned for and just because of my age doesn't make me any less of a parent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

smeksyluvzherbabys  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yous are great mummies

Sent from my LG-P705 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 22 when I fell pregnant with my first, I didn't feel like that was a shockingly young age to have a baby but the nurses where DD was born and a lot of women in shops seemed to have their opinion telling me how I was irresponsible and ruined my future and how I would end up a single mother because DH was 21 at the time and young men don't want to be tied down with a baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I haven't noticed any judging yet ( 21yrs and 25 weeks pregnant) but that's probably because I take no notice and go about my business and if someone made a comment I would give them a serve. It's none of anyone else's business and I definitely don't feel ' young'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 31, my eldest is 16... I STILL get that!! Evidently I will never look 'old enough' for some people!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzyplus4 For This Useful Post:

JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how that feels! I was pregnant with DS when I was 19 but I looked much much younger than my age.

The names I was called, geez. People are creative sometimes.
    The first occurrence was when I was getting on the bus. This woman called out s**t.

People are the worst sometimes! I'm a great mum. Just because I'm young, it doesn't mean anything. My DS is a lot more well-behaved than some kids I see in the playground and he's only 2.

YUNG MUMZ DA BEZ

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was 22 when I had my first bub. That was somewhat old back in the 70s. I must have looked young because I did get some comments. I didn't take any offence because I just thought that was their opinion. I love it now, im young enough to really enjoy my grandchildren. whatever your age is, make sure you enjoy your children, they all grow up so quickly. Marie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (25-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    IV had a few stray comments. I was pregnant at 16 but lost my angel baby at 15 weeks. I was barely showing so none of strangers but so many of the "comforting" things people said were the worst.
    With DDI was 18/19 during pregnancy an when I had her. I never heard anything to bad mostly just surprised people when asked how young I was. And those condescending looks.

Just smile at them and ignore it. I know it hard but nothing else you can do. Whether your " to young" or "to old" people will Judge.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app