Closed Thread
Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad Chelsea slept MissX. I think the turning point for River and DP was when he started giving her baths. They could play games and it was just them two but she loves baths. Maybe there is something Chelsea really likes that DH can do that can be their time?

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we will need to figure something out and just try a few things. He will just need to suck it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's important to still try get out and about with a baby. As Toni said my mood is affected if I'm home all the time. Even if it is a walk, a trip to Coles, visiting friends, a lunch date even if it is just you and Chelsea. Try to get out of the house. What about a play group? Are there any services like rhyme time at a local library you could go to? I highly recommend it if you are feeling isolated, you'll meet new people that are in the same situation.

I think it's good to take small steps with your husband. Does Chelsea like the pram, could he take her for a walk? Could he bath her? Feed solids to her? Read stories? Sounds silly but my husband and Ava always check Daddy's plants, she loves being outside and out they go walking around to tend to his precious garden (I myself hate gardening). There are ways he can involve himself more, it just takes a bit of thinking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Miss X just wanted to come on and send you huge hugs. Although Valentina isn't needy at all, I do resent DH for the fact that he can come and go as he pleases and when its time to go out, he only has to worry about getting himself ready and I have to do EVERYTHING else. This picture sums it up perfectly really!

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha FTM - so true!!
    I am apart of 2 mothers groups which is good to get out and chat to other mothers, but I guess we never really vent. I don't think mothers feel safe to tell it how it is sometimes in fear that others will think we are not coping or that we don't love our cherubs.
    I read something the other day that really hit home for me. It stated that we don't live in the family environment these days, therefore women these days are not around babies as much as our mothers/aunties/ grandmothers were - which is so true for me. Chelsea is the only baby that I have actually been around. My younger brothers and sisters are much much younger than me. So I have gone from 31 years of doing whatever I want to do to BAM! Instant having a dependent and only wanting me. DH works 6 days a week, so I had these lovely ideas that Sundays would be all about them and would be my 'rest' day. So wrong!
    Went for a long walk this morning and while I do go for walks, I haven't been for a few weeks due to Xmas, hot weather then the rain. It felt so good to just go out and walk. I also decided that with each nap she has, I will only have 1 task to do and not try and jam 3 or 4 things in, so that I can have around 10 minutes of me time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just had a oopsie daisy moment! DH was holding Chelsea and she was leaning over looking at something on the bench, DH wasn't paying attention and she fell and banged the corner of her eye right on the corner of a wooden photo frame! Poor bubba has a swollen eye and we have never hear her scream so loud! Great thing was that DH settled her and gave heaps of cuddles and kisses! We haven't had a chat yet, but he must sense that I am cranky as he is very hands on this afternoon since coming home from work!
    Will make it easier for me to have a chat to him later on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bath with Daddy this morning. I never use the bath insert, as I like to really dunk her deep and give everything a good scrub!
    But she enjoyed it.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch! Hope Chelsea is ok. Ava rolled into the tv cabinet tonight while I was tending to an ant plague, time to baby proof. Good luck with the talk

J Lucy looks so big in the baby bath. Glad she enjoys bath time. We put Ava on the bottom of the big bath as she likes to splash and kick about. She kept hitting her head on the end of the baby bath. Her latest trick is to pull the suction animals off the sides of the bath.

Completely random thing happened today. Met up with friends for lunch in cafe. Ava squawked the whole time. A lady kept looking at us, not in annoyance but just looking. Anyhow, she gets up to leave and her husband came over with a piece of paper. The woman had been sketching a picture of Ava and I the entire time! Kind of freaky yet nice at the same time. I'll put it away as a keepsake for her in years to come.

Edited: a quick google search reveals the woman is an artist who has entered pieces for the Archibald prize and is known to sketch locals in cafes as they sip on coffees!
    Last edited by maybee baybee; 01-02-2014 at 21:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond, thank goodness for men in uniform 😊 I'm glad you got it sorted. I've managed a couple of food shops by myself with Rhett and he has been in the ergo every time. By far the easiest way to shop. He just goes to sleep every time. And while he is awake he just loves it in there.
    The only problem is it is quite cosy so he gets a bit warm, and with this ridiculous weather it's even warmer.

J, Rhett often pulls back on my nipple. Especially if he has a bit of wind, or I'm really full and flow is fast. If you find a way to stop them doing it let me know!!! So painful.
    I was finding the same with pumping, and have found that a heat pack before, and massage during pumping really gets the flow going and it's getting much easier. (I'm sure you have already tried all that though)

Lil, how was Ava on the plane?

MissX, sending some hugs. I don't have anything else to add that others have not said,but strongly agree about getting out if the house. I need to get out nearly every single day or I go mental. Hope you chat with dh goes well

Maybe, that us really cool, would love to see it if you can somehow upload a pic of it?

Hi to everyone else. Hope your doing great and keeping cool!!

Afm, Rhett and I are doing great. Had his 4 week check up on thu (4 weeks has absolutely flown) and he has put on 700gm and 5cm since birth!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391296921.918984.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391296944.002076.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391296963.773327.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee that's really cool that lady gave you a sketch. lovely to keep for the future.

Mrs La glad you and Rhett are well. Yeah the manduca is really hot in this weather. My tummy sweats! But will use it more now. Didn't get on with other baby wearing wraps at all. 5cm growth already! Its incredible but no wonder newborns need so much sleep!

Miss XamX- I really feel for you and also know what its like as we have no family here either. I would love to call up my mum when i was struggling and have her pop over to help.

The workload of having kids is immense and very physically tiring having to carry bub around all the time. Meadow also is having a fussy period due to a wonder week (one that lasts up to five weeks though!) and has become incredibly clingy. She also wakes frequently at night whereas before she did so well when we came out of sleep school. I am also the only one who can settle her and its frustrating. Just hoping it ends soon, book says within the next week so I am hoping it does!

All I can say is you are not alone, and it does get easier as they get older and more independent. Motherhood is the hardest thing I have ever done, when all you want to do is sit and watch tv and just rest but you just can't! Hang in there, and don't give up your tickets. I would do as others have suggested and get MIL to spend lots of time with chelsea. She may cry when you leave but it may just be what has to happen to get her used to being with others. You are not doing anything wrong.

AFM- as mentioned I am going through a very hard wonder week period with Meadow. Its almost impossible to get her to sleep even when feeding or rocking! Just praying it ends soon as she'll be at the age its meant to pass! I am scared it won't though.

She also bit me really hard when feeding the other night. In her sleep so didn't really mean to. But it broke the skin and feeding from that side has been agony since. Using lansinoh again like she's a newborn and I've got cracked nipples! Hope it heals up soon

I am so over this heat. We're all bored stuck inside in air con. The park is my saviour and can't take them out!