Closed Thread
Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, meadow's hands are all over my face, neck and chest when she feeds! Not punching, but smacking my boobs, pulling at my necklace and hair, and putting her hands in my mouth and up my nose! Its extremely irritating, especially when I am tired and feeling 'touched out'! Bless her, she loves breast feeding, but she makes it rather hard work at times! She is incredibly easily distracted so when Toby's around making noise she breaks off every few seconds to look at him! Do you have this problem, J? How is Oscar going?

Maybee- Everyone says Meadow looks like DH. Whereas Toby is exactly like me at his age, especially around the eyes! They are chalk and cheese, I have one blondie and one brunette.

Smurfy- have a fantastic time on your cruise! Hope you enjoy it and Sienna behaves herself on the flight!

Sorry I was gonna write more personals but feeling super hot and need to shift myself into the shower before I pass out! So hi to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond, yes, Lucy is very distracted by Oscar. He comes up and tries to kiss/"pat" her while she feeds, and she turns away to look at him and thus pulls off. I usually send him off to play elsewhere if I can, otherwise it's too much of a battle. And I get fingers up my nose too!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sienna is easily distracted by the tv. She knows her favorite ads, and as soon as they come on, she stops what she's doing, to watch. We don't even watch that much tv

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chelsea also tries to grab whatever is in my mouth and eat it. So anything on my fork, I need to put into my mouth quickly before she decides to grab it, but then once in my mouth, she is grabbing at my mouth! Ugh!! And yes - I am so over being touched!! Once she is done, DH thinks it is his turn and I am just so over everyone wanting a piece of my boobs!

Sorry to bring the mood down a few notches, but I just really need to vent and see if anyone else is feeling this way or if it is me!
    I have been feeling really, really down the last few days. It isn't PND or the blues - I think it is 5 months worth of everything and I just want a day to myself!
    I am so annoyed that Chelsea will not go to anyone else but me. She has reverted back to newborn days and even if I am standing rig next to her when she is with DH, she screams the house down and it really, really annoys me!! Then DH gets all mopey and sad that his daughter still won't go to him and he gets all quiet and won't make eye contact with us. I just want to yell at him to suck it up - but at the same time, I do hate hearing her scream. At the end of Feb, when Chelsea will be almost 6 months old. MIL is going to be looking after Chelsea for the day while DH and I go to a music festival. Being that she has to be with me, I am thinking of giving up my ticket. But then I get so annoyed because this will be the first time since she has been born that I will be away from her. So I know I have to give up a lot of things when I had a baby, but I was hoping for 1 day a year to myself!

I am also really, really annoyed that I can't just pee when I need to! And when I put her down so that I can pee - she starts crying out. Or have a shower or go for days without washing my hair - which gets really itchy after 2 days! This is pathetic (I know) but I am annoyed at the fact that all of my shorts are to big and keep falling down and we don't have enough money for me to go buy some new shorts!

I am so annoyed that I spent so long the other night getting ready to go out to a friends birthday dinner and as soon as we got there, Chelsea decided to scream the joint down - so we left 20 minutes later. I am annoyed that 3 of my friends said they would come see me this week and they all cancelled their visits.

I feel so annoyed that after weeks of sleeping 10-12 hours a night, the week since Christmas she is back to waking every 2-3 hours a night for a feed and she is taking forever to go to sleep again. I feel annoyed that I feel like I am always on the go and can never just sit and be.....
    I get annoyed at the fact that it could be 3pm before I finally get to have lunch and then we have dinner at 6 and I am full, but I still eat it as DH has cooked it and therefore I constantly feel gross and bloated. I feel annoyed that I am not drinking enough water, therefore I feel my supply is running low - which I am sure it isn't.

I am annoyed at the fact that I never spend time with my 2 dogs anymore and I can see how bored they are.

I am annoyed at the fact that I am annoyed by all this, when in fact, Chelsea is a complete angel! But I feel so alone in raising her. We have no family here.... None of my friends have kids - but I wouldn't expect them to come over and help out.

Generally I am so happy - but I am constantly carrying Chelsea around. I am sore - I am tired. She won't go to DH - she is so needy at the moment and I just want someone else to soothe her. Someone else to feed her or get up to her numerous amounts of time a night.

I am sure she is probably teething - although I can't feel anything! Or maybe AF is on her way which is why I am so moody. But I just yearn to be able to lay on the couch and watch tv for a night! I yearn to have a shower and not be interrupted and I yearn for my boobs to be mine again!!!

I thought I passed this stage months ago - but tonight I am just annoyed at the world! Wish DH would just step up and take Chelsea and not give up when she starts screaming. Annoyed at Chelsea for taking 1.5 hours to finally go to sleep (well it had only been 20 minutes - she still might wake up) and so annoyed at myself for being so sooky!!

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X, no wonder you are feeling down right now...that is ALOT to contend with!!

Where do you live? You said your family isn't nearby, but does your hubby's family live close?

It sounds like you are exhausted, for starters. It is physically and mentally very tiring to have a little one be so very dependent. On the days when my husband is away, I often get very frustrated by the fact that I really cannot get anything done. If I put her down, she will start grizzling after a few minutes, so alot of the time I end up sitting on the couch with Lucy on my knee. Then I feel like a blob who has not achieved anything during the day. We are moving house at the moment, and are having to pay thousands to a removals company to do the pre-pack and un-pack, because there is just no way I can get it done with Lucy in tow.

But my situation is nowhere near as bad as yours. Lucy will happily go to other people. Has Chelsea always been like this with your husband? If he took her into another room and persisted in soothing her, what would happen?

I would talk to your husband and be as brutally honest with him as you have been with us. I think he needs to persist. Yes, Chelsea will probably scream initially, but you need to leave them together to attempt to work it out. If you don't at least try, her dependence on you will likely just increase. I think he really needs to try to take some of the load off you. Yes, it will be hard and probably distressing for him, but he has to try.

I hear you re: showering. I put Lucy in her cot while I shower, so I know she is safe (mostly from the excessive adoration of her brother!!). But 90% of the time she cries real tears the entire time, which I can hear on the monitor. Not very relaxing. I only shave my legs on the weekend when hubby can hold her while I shower.

Well that's my 2 cents done. But I really feel for you; you are definitely doing it tough. Try to recruit your husband's support. In the long run you will all benefit.

J xxx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge hugs MissX. Sounds like things are so hard at the moment.

The only way I get a shower to myself and in peace, is to shower at 5 or 6 in the morning while Sienna still asleep.

Could you go out on the weekend and just leave Chelsea with DH. he'll have no choice but to suck it up and figure out what to do with her. I went to a ban shower a couple of weeks ago and left Sienna a home with DH. it was nice to catch up with friends, without having to keep Sienna entertained.

As for the music festival, if MIL is willing, I'd be leaving Chelsea with her on a few occasions prior, so she gets used to being with her. Don't cancel your festival.

Being a mum is had work. I have days when I feel I'm not coping as well as I should. It is frustrating when you have a routine that works, then suddenly for no apparent reason, it all changes (we had this from 4-6 months, she's just getting back to her old routine).

Have you tried Chelsea with solids? If she's paying that much attention to you eating, she may be ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MissX that's rough. River screamed every time DP held her but we persisted so maybe your DH needs to persist. We would let her scream for 5mins to start with and then increase how long we left her so she knew I was still there if that makes sense.

Do you get out of the house much? I find if I'm stuck at home my mood is lower. Even just putting her in the pram and going for a walk.

Try and encourage floor time (same routine as DP time)

For shower as long as I'm not washing my hair I would take her with me shower together and then sit her in the bath while I washed. She used to love laying in the water watching me.

Also I agree with Smurfy, have you started solids? She may be ready.

Good luck and hope things improve xx

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Miss X I just want to give you a big hug! You are doing a wonderful job as mummy to Chelsea. It's a tiring, demanding and challenging job. I think it's harder when the baby is so dependent on you and won't go to anyone else. As the other girls said I think you need to talk to your DH about how you're feeling. Be honest with him. I think he needs to try looking after Chelsea even if its distressing for him and her. She can probably sense that he's uptight but they will need to get used to one another. Perhaps you could go for a walk or in the backyard so that he can try settle her and can't just hand her straight back. Does he engage with her much, sings, tickles, play?
    I usually shower when Ava naps if DH isn't home or sometimes I park her bouncer seat in the bathroom with me with toys on top of her.
    You are allowed to have these feelings and I guarantee you are not alone. I'm sure many of us have had similar feelings/frustrations. I was resentful of my DH being able to do whatever he wanted at any time of the day. Breastfeeding didn't allow me the same flexibility as him, I felt like I was on borrowed time if I wanted to go out alone.
    Have you joined a mothers group through your local council? They could be your best support if no one else you know has kids.
    We're all here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you J, Smurfy and Toni - I am glad I am not the only one that feels like this. I just feel so horrible feeling like this! It has only been the last few days - normally all of this stuff wouldn't even register with me, but just the last few days, so annoying!!

But you will not believe this, Chelsea slept 9pm to 5am!! But our neighbours across the road kept me up all night (house of young guys, normally very quiet and no problems, but last night they were having a few drinks and one of them kept vomiting out the front and let me tell you, he is one of those violent sounding projectors!! Then all his mates would come out and help him and chat to him. So I eventually got to sleep around 2 am!
    But fingers crossed Chelsea is back to having long sleeps!

J, no we have no family whatsoever down here. Well I have my sister sorry, but she is much much younger than me and does not know how to tolerate babies. I would be too scared to leave Chelsea with her - even just for a nap. MUm told my sister to come around and clean my house and it was like tearing off her arms - she is just to young to give a damn about anyone else at the moment and I get it
    I do get out of the house, But thinking about it last night, it is just generally to the shops with Chelsea. I do need to just tell my friends that I am coming around and visit them. I need to do more with others I think and yes get out for those was more often!! Starting today! After her morning walk, we will go for walks!

As for my husband.....I love that man so much - but my goodness how irritating he is! And if I were reading this from someone else's perspective, I would think he is a total jerk! This morning he told me that I kept him up all night as I was so aggressive getting up!! Funny - I only got up once, but it obviously wasn't too bad as you kept snoring through it! He really struggles with Chelsea not going to him and I feel so bad for him. He just adores her and he wants to do more, but he can't handle her screams. I told him the other day that if I just gave up every time she screamed,she would have been long gone months ago and that you get use to it! I do need to have a long think about how I approach it with him so that it doesn't flair up into a huge fight!
    I am hoping MiL does come down a few days before the festival so that they can spend time together and she gets use to MIL.
    And yes we are starting on rice cereal, but only every couple of days. I think I might increase her solids to daily. Being that she had a huge sleep last night, think I might give her rice cereal again tonight and some carrot for lunch.

Toni I love the idea of the bath! It had never occurred to me and it would be so easy. Chelsea has her bath which we place inside our bath, so I could easily have a shower while she has a bath. Thank you so much!!

I know I will be back to my old self soon ( I hope!) and apologised to Chelsea for being so short with her and daddy lately. Last night after I wrote this post, I thought about why this was affecting me so much. Before Chelsea, nothing affected me and nothing fazed me. My nickname at work was called The Terminator as I could fire people and not have an issue doing it. I was much stronger and I feel so weak and annoyed that things are annoying me! Haha

Thank you so much for 'listening' - I do feel better for 'talking ' it out and knowing I am not the only one! J I think you are right, I think I am just exhausted and just need a break.
    Thank you thank you thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Maybee! I was starting to resent hubby for just getting up and doing what he needed to do and I can't!
    I need to do something with Chelsea and hubby. I have tried it give him ideas, but at the end of the day, he just needs to toughen up a bit!