Closed Thread
Page 73 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Miss X I haven't had it but it sounds rather painful. I second what Bond said. Either jump onto ABA website or phone them for advice. You don't want it getting worse.

Bond thanks for the tip on cream. If it doesn't clear I'll take her to dr. Have to get 6mth injections anyhow.
    It must be an adjustment being back home and having the two kids to look after, hubby back to work and trying to follow through with what you've learnt. I have days where I still get overwhelmed and a bit teary (today being one of them). I hope Meadow's sleep improves and you feel more settled in a couple of days.

Thanks Rainbow, I've tried bepanthen tonight. Poor little thing, I feel so bad for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, I'd be going to the dr and getting checked. You don't want it getting worse

Bond, I hope things settle for you soon and you can get Meadow's day sleeps fixed

It must be the week for tears. The last 2 nights, Sienna has started waking up 8 times during the night. It is driving me nuts. I'm exhausted and need sleep. I was in tears during one of her feeds last night. She won't keep blankets on and it's been pretty cool the last couple of nights, so i Went and bought some sleeping bags today. I'm hoping she is just going through a wonder week and will be better soon.

We are going on a cruise in 4 weeks. It's a bit overwhelming trying to work out what we need to pack for Sienna. But on a bright note, every second day we are in a different Australian city, so if we need something, we can go to the shop and get it
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 07-01-2014 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Maybee- Meadow had one like that a few days ago and the nurse told me it looked like thrush so to use daktozin nappy cream to clear it which seems to help. If other things don't work maybe try that

Toni- its really hard going back to work at first and leaving them for first time in formal care. But you will get used to it, so will she, and I have had great experiences with family day care. Hopefully she will form a good bond with the carer but of course at first she may have some tears!

Michelle- I am impressed you felt like Dtd only three weeks after birth! I am ashamed to say we only just did it a couple weeks ago after four and a half months as I have zero libido. And had to stop as it really hurt So glad to hear you are ok but you didn't have stitches so have obviously made a fab recovery! How is Aurora going with her feeding and sleeping?

FTM- lovely picture of Vale she really loves standing doesn't she!

Trying to remember what everyone else has said now! May have to do another post after this one! But hi to J, Smurfy, Rainbow, miss X, and anyone I've missed!

I came out of the family centre yesterday morning and was straight back into normality as DH had to work so had the two kids to look after. Its actually been very hard to adjust to being back home so far. I have had a few tears and found it hard to cope at times, as although Meadow is sleeping much better at night her day sleep has gone bad! Its been hard to get her down despite using the techniques I've been taught and she's only slept short periods. Also today she refusing sleep at points altogether and I resorted to using the buggy to get her off to sleep. Not good at all! I think its just an adjustment period and she'll come good again. Also wonder if she has more teeth coming as her cheeks are more red and dry, and she's been chewing on her thumb a lot.

But overnight she's been feeding at around 10-11pm, then 2-3am and 6-7am. Way better than before. If she wakes less than 3hrs after her last feed I resettle her to sleep fairly easily. Also have taken her out of her Swaddle as nurses told me its not safe once she's rolling. So she's in a sleeping bag, often self settling on her tummy. It was quite painless getting her out of it.
    Also been trying her with some solids as she seems so interested but just allowing her to chew on bits of ripe pear, banana etc as can't be bothered with spoon feeding! Will start full BLW when she's able to hold food in her hands better and until then I hold it and she pulls it towards her mouth to suck on it.

Anyway, bit of an essay from me sorry! I am just hoping to feel a bit less overwhelmed and anxious in next few days when I've adjusted to being at home again!
    i was ready for DTD second week but was still lightly bleeding so held off. I don't blame you for waiting so long especially with no libido... Mine disappears for days then makes a welcome return! Not good it was sore hope it's not sore the next time you try! Very thankful for no stitches I was worried about that!
    Aurora is going well thanks for asking she feeds every 2.5-3 hours during the day and 3-4hours at night so getting some sleep thankfully. She loves her boobies! She weighs 4.1kg at 3 weeks up 600g since birth. Little chubba!

Sorry to hear it's a bit overwhelming with two kids at home and hubby back at work! Glad Meadow is sleeping better at night but not good she's not getting her day sleeps ouch poor bubba getting teeth through no wonder she's so unsettled hope she feels better soon so you get some nice well needed rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    MissX, I'd be going to the dr and getting checked. You don't want it getting worse

Bond, I hope things settle for you soon and you can get Meadow's day sleeps fixed

It must be the week for tears. The last 2 nights, Sienna has started waking up 8 times during the night. It is driving me nuts. I'm exhausted and need keep. I was in tears during one of her feeds last night. She won't keep blankets on and it's been pretty cool the last couple of nights, so i Went and bought some sleeping bags today. I'm hoping she is just going through a wonder week and will be better soon.

We are going on a cruise in 4 weeks. It's a bit overwhelming trying to work out what we need to pack for Sienna. But on a bright note, every second day we are in a different Australian city, so if we need something, we can go to the shop and get it
    Oh no you poor thing! You must be so exhausted hope tonight is much better for you! Exciting about your cruise! Sienna will look so gorgeous in her cruise gear. How long are you away for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's a 9 night cruise and we are spending 4 nights in Sydney as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely understand about the packing smurfy! Packing for our UK trip when meadow was four weeks old was pretty horrendous. DH got off lightly only doing his own stuff. I did both kids (because he would pack mismatched clothes!) and my own. So stressful. You'll have an amazing time I'm sure. Maybe Sienna is getting teeth? Is she upset when she wakes or just seems hungry? I wish they could talk to us!

Michelle you're also lucky you only bled for such a short time! Mine only fully stopped at 8 weeks!

AFM Meadow slept so well last night, but day sleep is still an issue which is complete opposite to last week before we went into sleep school. She screams when i try to put her in her cot which she was doing so well with until a couple days ago. i am remaining consistent and keep trying but when she gets too upset I give in and have used the buggy a couple times. Weird thing is she's fallen asleep on my shoulder when I've picked her up from cot today, totally unlike her she's never done that not even as a newborn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bleeding lasted 7 weeks.

Bond, fingers crossed you get Meadow's day sleeps sorted soon. It must be frustrating to have fixed night sleeps to the detriment of day sleeps

Sienna only woke up twice last night. Once fora feed,the second time I gave her a cuddle and she fell straight asleep on my shoulder (sounds like Meadow). She could be teething, but I'm yet to see any sign of teeth. Plenty of drool and chewing her fingers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it was a bit better for you Smurfy. How was last night?
    We had a great one, went down at about 7pm. Gave her a dream feed about 10.30 when I went to bed then she woke at 3.50 for a feed and slept til 7. I feel so refreshed which is good as got a busy day with both kids. Her day sleeps are also improving a bit, easier to get her down thank goodness so must just have been a bad patch

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great that you are feeling refreshed.

Sienna has a heat rash, which was improving, but yesterday she had a reaction to something (QV cream or baby food - dr said it could be either) and the heat rash spread pretty quickly all over her neck. It looks terrible.

She was so out of sorts last night, I couldn't get her to sleep until 11:00. She slept til 5:30, woke for a feed, then slept til 8:45pm. So a pretty good night once she was asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not good about Siennas heat rash and allergic reaction Lil Smurfy jealous about your cruise it sounds lovely good sleep from Sienna as well even if it took awhile to get her to sleep.

so glad to hear that the sleeping is improving Bond! How was your busy day with the kids?

i think miss A is going through her first wonder week, she's bit very full on the past two days compared to before. She is up 1kg from birth weight already