Closed Thread
Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I was told 6 weeks because even if you feel ok, you're still healing on the inside. I was never told to use condoms. I was still seeing bits of stitches on toilet paper at 6 weeks, so waited til after my 8 week checkup.
    I was never told to use condoms but girls in my dig mentioned it.
    i didn't have any stitches, we DTD this morning at 3 and a bit weeks and felt good and not sore/tender

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's great. I've heard in the first 6 weeks post birth, you're highly fertile, so you never know, your next bub could be on the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle she will be in family day care around the corner from work. I am really dreading it.

As for DTD condoms are recommended due to how fertile you are not for infections. We did it as soon as the bleeding stopped so 5ish weeks.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh goodness, would be scary being pregnant so soon! Doubt I will get pregnant but who knows haha.

Oh thanks Toni, they said infection but I couldn't see how semen would cause an infection... Maybe just a infection aka pregnancy haha

its good that she'll be close to your work maybe you can visit her at lunch time? I don't blame you for not looking forward to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think because you're possibly not healed in there (even if you feel great), they don't recommend you sticking anything in there. DF's penis could have germs on it which could cause an infection.

I'd love to hear what J says about it and whether it can cause infection.

I say good on you for wanting to DTD so soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Lil Smurfy, good on you for having the energy for it so soon after.

What causes nappy rash and what do you use to heal it? Ava is red and has little raised bumps. Doesn't appear to be bothering her

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (07-01-2014)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nappy rash can be caused by heaps of things, but usually from skin being in close contact with wee/poo.

When Toby had bad nappy rash we tried literally every cream possible. Bepanthen was the only one that got rid of it for good!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies - has anyone had a blocked duct in their nipple?
    Last Tuesday I had a blocked duct and it caused the under side of my boob to get quite hard. I saw a white spot on my nipple and DH pierced it for me - which instantly opened up the duct and Chelsea was able to drink the milk and it relieved the hard spot.
    Anyways, the last 2 days, the nipple has been getting so sore when Chelsea initially latches on - it feels like those first few weeks were my toes curl and I want to bite down on something. Tonight I was almost in tears.
    I have been putting Lansioh cream on it and it doesn't look overly red.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how long it took to get better? I am thinking if it is no good by Wednesday, I might head to the Dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee- Meadow had one like that a few days ago and the nurse told me it looked like thrush so to use daktozin nappy cream to clear it which seems to help. If other things don't work maybe try that

Toni- its really hard going back to work at first and leaving them for first time in formal care. But you will get used to it, so will she, and I have had great experiences with family day care. Hopefully she will form a good bond with the carer but of course at first she may have some tears!

Michelle- I am impressed you felt like Dtd only three weeks after birth! I am ashamed to say we only just did it a couple weeks ago after four and a half months as I have zero libido. And had to stop as it really hurt So glad to hear you are ok but you didn't have stitches so have obviously made a fab recovery! How is Aurora going with her feeding and sleeping?

FTM- lovely picture of Vale she really loves standing doesn't she!

Trying to remember what everyone else has said now! May have to do another post after this one! But hi to J, Smurfy, Rainbow, miss X, and anyone I've missed!

I came out of the family centre yesterday morning and was straight back into normality as DH had to work so had the two kids to look after. Its actually been very hard to adjust to being back home so far. I have had a few tears and found it hard to cope at times, as although Meadow is sleeping much better at night her day sleep has gone bad! Its been hard to get her down despite using the techniques I've been taught and she's only slept short periods. Also today she refusing sleep at points altogether and I resorted to using the buggy to get her off to sleep. Not good at all! I think its just an adjustment period and she'll come good again. Also wonder if she has more teeth coming as her cheeks are more red and dry, and she's been chewing on her thumb a lot.

But overnight she's been feeding at around 10-11pm, then 2-3am and 6-7am. Way better than before. If she wakes less than 3hrs after her last feed I resettle her to sleep fairly easily. Also have taken her out of her Swaddle as nurses told me its not safe once she's rolling. So she's in a sleeping bag, often self settling on her tummy. It was quite painless getting her out of it.
    Also been trying her with some solids as she seems so interested but just allowing her to chew on bits of ripe pear, banana etc as can't be bothered with spoon feeding! Will start full BLW when she's able to hold food in her hands better and until then I hold it and she pulls it towards her mouth to suck on it.

Anyway, bit of an essay from me sorry! I am just hoping to feel a bit less overwhelmed and anxious in next few days when I've adjusted to being at home again!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 06-01-2014 at 19:06.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (07-01-2014),maybee baybee  (06-01-2014),MichelleClareBear  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissXamA View Post
    Hey ladies - has anyone had a blocked duct in their nipple?
    Last Tuesday I had a blocked duct and it caused the under side of my boob to get quite hard. I saw a white spot on my nipple and DH pierced it for me - which instantly opened up the duct and Chelsea was able to drink the milk and it relieved the hard spot.
    Anyways, the last 2 days, the nipple has been getting so sore when Chelsea initially latches on - it feels like those first few weeks were my toes curl and I want to bite down on something. Tonight I was almost in tears.
    I have been putting Lansioh cream on it and it doesn't look overly red.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and how long it took to get better? I am thinking if it is no good by Wednesday, I might head to the Dr.
    I would go to the doctor tomorrow, in case it gets worse. Or call the ABA for advice tonight.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 06-01-2014 at 19:10.