Closed Thread
Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Got a letter from the family centre I've been referred to today re. Meadow's sleep. I was told a six week wait but it says i am booked in at beginning of march. An 11 week wait!! Ffs she'll be over six months old by then! Looks like I'm sorting this out myself over xmas break when DH is around. Joy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sucks Bond I hope you have some progress with sleep and bottles soon

J - hope Lucy settled for u, this heat can really muck them round. The third times a charm motto was so true, I was the same! U and MM84 were my hope that it could happen for me to and it did!

Omg so hot here, got to over 43c. 4am now and it's still 27c. C coped fairly well, a bit grumpier than usual but I think everyone is in that heat! Heading away for a few days tomorrow to visit family (well today now!) it will be his first big trip in the car (400km away but will take at least 5+ hours). It's still going to be 38c so not great traveling weather... Bleugh.

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, I hope Lucy is more settled today. It is so hard to stay calm. I hate it when I get angry, but it's just so frustrating.

Maybee, it must be the week for it. Sienna's day sleeps have been crap. Yesterday I left her with mum and went out, and apparently she fell asleep as soon as I left and was still asleep 3 hours later when I got home.

Bond, that's ridiculous you have to wait so long. I hope you can get her sleep sorted soon

Waiting, have a great trip. This weather has been awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting. Good luck with the car trip! Its good Caleb is not suffering in the heat too much.

Smurfy, typical Sienna sleeps so well when you go out eh!

AFM called family centre today and got put on cancellation list so could get a spot at very short notice. Have to stay four days and nights. Here's hoping! Will be trying to fix it myself though starting boxing day as DH is off work until 2 January so can help around the house and with Toby more. Have pushed back her vaccinations by a week for it so they don't unsettle her. However, amazingly last night she slept five hours straight! Not done that for two months! I was so shocked but don't expect it to happen again tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your kind words.
    She did have a problem after all; I put my "doctor hat" on and examined her, and she had a very firm tummy. I gave her a glycerol suppository, and an ENORMOUS amount of hard poo came out...and kept coming (although I had to help her a bit)! Might sound gross but is a common paediatric problem. As soon as it was all out she was a new woman! Happy and slept well overnight.
    Kicking myself I got so worked up, but it is hard to be objective when it's your own baby.

Bond...was there anything different about last night which may have contributed to Meadow sleeping better?

Maybee...did Ava settle down as the temperature finally dropped (at about 4am!)?

J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    so glad Lucy is feeling better now J! Your medical background served you well!

Funny you ask if anything could be different last night as i have just discovered two bottom teeth cut through!! Saw white spots on gums and they're sharp when I felt them. But surely the last eight weeks can't have been all about teething? She hasn't cried in pain. Been a bit dribbly lately but that's it! Toby was an early and easy teether too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond hopefully a cancellation comes up soon. I have heard great things about 'sleep school'. Well done on getting 5hrs straight. Wow two teeth have cut through already!

Aww poor Lucy. Well done on working out what was wrong. I've known a couple of mums who've had to give a suppository to help things along. I bet Lucy was feeling much better after.

Lil Smurfy of course Sienna slept for 3 hours while you were out. I hope you were able to enjoy getting out.

Ava did go to bed ok last night and slept through. She had good day sleeps today and settled well tonight. She's stuffed at bedtime because she's been awake since 3pm. How much daytime sleep is average for a 5.5mth old? She's awfully clingy, she dislikes playing by herself and cries when we walk away. It's doing my head in! I just want to go to the bathroom without it being an ordeal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybee, that must be hard with her so clingy. I generally go to the bathroom when Sienna is asleep or playing happily on her own

Sienna is now trying to crawl. As soon as we lay her down, she flips to her belly. Last night she decided that trying to crawl in her to, was more important than sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been trying to go when she goes down for a nap but I can't always control that lol. Or getting up to answer the door, get a drink, bring washing in. She requires me to sit beside her while she's playing. She just cries and cries if I leave her. I don't know what to do!

Wow I'm amazed at babies trying to crawl already. How funny that Sienna was practicing instead of sleeping. She'll have it mastered in no time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often go to the toilet with Meadow on my lap and Toby standing there watching me!! joys of motherhood eh!

Clever girl Sienna! Meadow also flips to her tummy as soon as I put her down but is nowhere near going up on her knees yet, she just lays there kicking her legs til she gets fed up. Its a pain in the bum at night!