Closed Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes and I'm pretty sure his reflux has flared up again, he has been grumpy since Wednesday and is now starting to arch his back when feeding him his bottles the milk consumption has reduced back down to 40-60mls each feed, he is scratching and pinching at my arms, irritable more and more as each day goes by. The problem I have is I'm not sure if I can increase his medication or not, I can ring for an app to see the pead again tomorrow but it will be two or 3 weeks away at the earliest and then I will be back to square one with internal inflammation etc. since he was 6/7 weeks old we have had 2.5 weeks of a better happier baby up until 4 days ago.... Give me strength!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Choccie - i wish there were some way to help you and axle xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie you are doing an amazing job with Axle. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you. I admire your strength to carry on and seek solutions. Hugs to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss X - I feel for you. Having no family around would be difficult and it sounds like your husband is really not coping. Hats off to you for remaining strong and doing all you can for Chelsea. Maybe try see a GP before the ped to seek their opinion and get medication if it is reflux. It might also be an idea for your DH to speak to the GP... It's perfectly normal for him to be feeling the way he is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    Miss X - I feel for you. Having no family around would be difficult and it sounds like your husband is really not coping. Hats off to you for remaining strong and doing all you can for Chelsea. Maybe try see a GP before the ped to seek their opinion and get medication if it is reflux. It might also be an idea for your DH to speak to the GP... It's perfectly normal for him to be feeling the way he is.
    Thanks Maybee. A friend of mine has given me the name of a midwife that does house calls, so I will see if she can come by soon.
    We actually had a really good day today and I think DH could see that a) she does cry with me as well b) sometimes I can't settle her either and c) she gave him the biggest smile and it defitinely wasn't wind!! They also had bath time and she was happy this time! So I was able to have a shower and wash my hair!!!! I feel like a goddess LOL!
    The reflux hasn't been too bad today. There is defitintly something coming back up, but today it didn't seem to hurt her as much. So fingers crossed she was just having a few bad days - gotta hope!!
    I also defitinely think she is going through a growth spurt. She has literally been drinking off me all day - my nipples are quite sore!
    DH has the next 2 days off work, so I am hoping that all this feeding age has been doing has increased my supply and I can express heaps and DH tend to her a bit more over the next 2 days! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just subbing for now will read back up this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss x with reflux you have two types of babies, either a food refuser or a food comforter, as in they want to drink/feed all day for comfort.
    I hope her symptoms are better today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed! Had a pretty good night, so let's hope it is better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Choccie, that sounds so awful for both you and Axle. It's such a shame that you can't enjoy having a baby. I hope it doesn't take too long to get an app with the paed.

MissX, sorry you are going through this and that hubby isn't coping so well. That's great that you are being strong for both of you. Yay for having a shower and washing your hair.

Toni, I hope River's christening went well

AFM, not mud happening here. Sienna has had a cold and I've got I too. Yesterday I had a migraine and vomiting as well. It's bloody hard work being sick when you've got a baby to look after. Thankfully hubby looked after Sienna so I could try and sleep it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such a bad day today with axle... Even hubby said he was not himself tonight...

Hope everyone else had a good Monday
    I did manage to make a delicious loaf of bread today, haven't made bread in ages!!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381153378.927863.jpg