Closed Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey we are around, but not a lot happening! So far we only have 1 present for Chelsea, but I don't want to get her too much as she has no IDE what's going on
    But done everyone else's!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. Hope everyone is well?
    Not much here either. River is very active moving around a lot.
    For Christmas we have followed a rhyme one of the mums in my DIG uses so she is getting
    Something I want (Silver bracelet)
    Something I need (A Christmas Stocking and a Christmas teddy with her name on it)
    Something to wear (A few dresses)
    And Something to read (A 4 box set of touchy-feely books)
    Its all purchased already

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are keeping busy. Ava is awfully clingy and waking at odd times lately. Makes for long and tiring days. I was a grumpy mum yday and got annoyed with myself for taking it out on her, she's just a baby and it's not her fault. So today is a new day and just trying to get through it. Ava rolled from tummy to back yday all by herself, perhaps another once off.

So far we have bought Ava little maracas and bell thingy, a personalised Xmas book, Sesame Street stuffed toys, zoo Duplo and we are getting a swing for outside.

We are off to Costco today so hoping to get a few more pressies crossed off the list. I thought I'd be more organised this year but I'm less organised than usual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am very disorganised. Hubby's Mum is very ill with metastatic lung cancer, so we have made last minute decision to go up to QLD for her last Xmas. Means whatever I buy needs to fit in the Land Rover, with all the other baby and child-related crap!! So Oscar will get lots of little things (he is so excited about Xmas), and Lucy might get 1-2 toys to chew whilst we are up there (I doubt she will be concerned!!). Sad, because Oscar got SO many pressies for his first Xmas. But cannot be helped. For me, Xmas is a time of stress!! Now even more so...travelling to hot and humid QLD with 2 kids will not be a holiday. But it is what it is.
    Rainbow...how are you doing?
    J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, that's not good about DH's mum. I hope the trip goes well with both kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee its hardly surprising as this year you have Ava to look after so of course you're less organised! I hope she settles down soon, obviously some phase she's going through relating to development perhaps?

Toni thats a good way to plan gifts to buy. I'll have to remember that for next year!

Miss x did the books make it back safely to you?

Smurfy we're ok thanks. Got all my Christmas shopping done and decorations up even though it really doesn't feel like it for us as we're used to cold Christmases! Can't get used to it, our third hot Christmas!

Meadow is still waking very often throughout the night. I think I have gotten her too used to being fed back to sleep so she wakes expecting it. Got a referral for sleep school but not doing it if they want me to try things I disagree with. To be honest I could gradually fix it myself I think but its hard when I just want to get back to sleep quickly and not wake Toby. I would need to move into the spare room at other end of the house. So three nights at sleep school would give me space to concentrate on it at least. We'll see.

Otherwise she is doing beautifully, rolling over and very smiley.

We have some big decisions to make about where to move to next year, which is all very hard. I feel I am at real cross roads in all areas of my life and can't make a decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hopefully if you go to sleep school, it helps.

Where are you thinking of moving too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    J I hope the trip to Qld goes well. Maybe you could have a second Christmas when you get home if you are worried about taking all the presents in the car?
    Also gorgeous photos of Lucy.

Bond I hope sleep school helps. What's the reason for moving?

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ToniS; 12-12-2013 at 06:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J sorry to hear about DH's mum. That's a long car trip! Hope it goes well and the kids don't get too fed up!

Smurfy we are thinking of moving to the Gold Coast as we have friends there and we really like it or Hobart as my brother is there but doubt we'll do that as its too quiet for us really.

Toni when we emigrated here we only came to Canberra as its where I could get a visa easiest with my job. Had to do two years here then can move anywhere. There are lots of good things here but its too far from the coast and feels kinda isolated. We have made friends here but feel its not really for us long term. However I have also been contemplating going home to the UK as I really miss my mum and having help with the kids. Its pretty overwhelming at times. But if we went home we'd be unlikely to find good jobs and affordable nice housing due to the economic situation, and I would rather not work full time. So although i would love to be at home I simPly don't think its affordable and we would probably regret it. Mum agrees if I can hold out a couple years til the kids are older and easier I will be glad I stayed in Australia, but its so hard without family around to give us a break. Also feel guilty about being away from mum.

Anyway, long post but that is only a bit of what i have on my mind constantly! Best try to get back to sleep now Meadow has!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey all, hope everyone is well.

I don't envy your car trip J!

Bond - how's Meadow's sleeping going?

We are doing well. Toby is a month old today so we are off to the mchn. After almost 2 weeks his nappy rash cleared up... Turns out the magic formula was 1% cortisone cream twice a day and a thick layer of desitin and corn flour at every other change. Once we finish this box of nappies we are trying cloth again.

Otherwise he's a brilliant baby. Feels like he's been here forever. Santa has bought him some bath toys and a pair of shorts.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1386786688.666115.jpg