Closed Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does happy chucker mean that she vomits and doesn't hurt her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure does, different to reflux, a true reflux baby needs medication etc!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have thought of chelsea like that, but from Wednesday this week, have definitely noticed a big change :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX how old is she? Reflux signs start showing in more depth at certain weeks, for example the worst symptoms show at 3months old until 6months at the earliest. At the early stages it normally between 6-8 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie, I don't know how you have survived this long.
    Again, I have been with her for 3 hours while she has screamed the house down! Times like this I wish we had family around DH is now so stressed out by all this that he has stepped back & not really helping. He gets so frustrated with her (which distresses him afterwards majorly) that he thinks that patting her back firmly is helping her and he is quite rough with her. He only deals with her for about 5minutes before he breaks down in tears (I would never tell anyone this in real life!!!). I feel for him, which then drives me more to keep it together. I see other people out with their babies and long for that - I haven't been out of the house in days! Today I brushed my hair...first time in a week....I told myself I would never get that bad....here I am, 5 weeks into it and no longer brushing my hair! haha

Chelsea is 5.5 weeks old. This time last week she would have little cat naps during the day along with a 3 hour sleep over lunchtime. She would feed for a few minutes at the boob and then fall asleep - I was busy trying to keep her awake!! and would take about 1.5hrs in the evening to settle her to sleep.
    Since about Wednesday she hasn't been sleeping during the day and when feeding, she started to pull and tug at the boob, take herself off and start crying hysterically. She has started getting vocal when on the boob and grunts a lot (both on and off the boob) and she also makes this sound as though clearing her throat - which i thought was cute at first!. Since birth, i have always burped her upright on my shoulder and have noticed that after 5 0r so minutes, she would start wriggling around and get really upset before a burp (this could take a few minutes)
    I also noticed that if she fell asleep in my arms, after a few minutes she would start to gag or cough.
    Last night and then this afternoon, after a feed, I really could hear the milk gushing around in her belly - I have heard that before, but honestly thought it was the milk 'digesting'.
    In the mornings, she is letting out some ripper farts!
    I really can't wait to see the PED on Thursday, but DH wants to go to a Dr sooner as he thinks that she is in so much pain, it is mean to keep going until Thursday.
    I am not sure if the Gaviscon is working.....
    *sigh* heading off to bed now as she has been asleep for 30 minutes now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My advice is go to the doctors immediately and get some losec before you even see the pead! It takes days and sometimes weeks for the medication to kick in properly! Otherwise She will only get worse not better

I would also make sure you read the website links I gave you as this has a lot of helpful information about what to do and what not to do etc.

It's hard work MissX and it doesn't get a lot easier until they get older unfortunately. I didn't leave the house for almost 8 weeks with axle, only if I absolutely had to, I quickly learnt it wasn't even worth trying to leave as the consequences afterwards when home weren't worth it, axle would scream for ages and be so inconsolable.
    Now he is on the second type of medication which seems to be working a bit better now and took about 3 weeks to kick in, we do venture out a bit and he doesn't scream the whole time we are out. In saying that he has been grumpy and ****ty the last 4 days, I really hope his medication is still working but symptoms are so similar to other things like teething at his age it's hard to tell until the symptoms get so bad u know it's the reflux grrrr babies are so hard!

There is nothing wrong with letting it all out, I also tried to keep it together for quite a while until I started spending half the day crying, I ended up going to emergency and demanding to see a pead and sort something out, while crying, they took me seriously!
    I had seen two doctors and a health nurse who both told me nothing was wrong, one said I was over feeding him, the other told me he is healthy and we baby screamed for the 6 months of his life (cause I care what her baby was like!?) and the health nurse told me it was his age! I then started doubting myself!! I knew something was wrong and stated researching and clicked it was his reflux playing up again, don't let anyone tell you that there is nothing wrong if you truly believe there is.

Everyone will also offer you advice and also ask u if you have tried this and tried that blah blah... Just warning u lol!

Chin up, it's hard work and u have a few more months of it unfortunately. I did say to hubby the other day it's horrible that I haven't actually been able to enjoy having a baby, this being my last, it's terrible to think that but it's true, he isn't enjoyable, instead he is hard work and I'm just waiting for him to get older waiting for the reflux to go away, they say until he is 1 at the earliest.
    No one will ever understand your circumstances unless they have had a true reflux baby!!

Sorry for the lengthy post!!
    Last edited by Chocciequeen; 06-10-2013 at 01:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the gaviscon probably isn't working as it only provides instant relief rather than relief for a long period. But at this stage it's better than nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choccie you are doing amazing with Axle.

MissX good luck with Chelsea I am sure you will do amazing too

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Toni - I really wouldn't wish a reflux baby on anyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your welcome Choccie. Its hard enough with colic and dairy intolerance but that's nothing compared to what Axle and you are going through. Its terrible seeing them in pain.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app