Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG Rainbow. So beautiful! Wonderful pics to treasure forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond,
    Maybe give the dummy another go? Lucy will rarely go to sleep without the comfort of sucking. Some bubs take longer to get the hang of them, so won't hurt to try again if it helps.
    J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rainbow, gorgeous pics

Bond, it could be worth trying a different shaped dummy too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks I will give the dummy a go again tomorrow (as its too late to fiddle around sterilising them now!). Have tried regular and the bigger cherry teats. Will try both again! Only one I haven't tried is the orthodontic. But Toby only ever liked cherry ones so never bought orthodontic before.

I attempted to pump but got about two drops. Reckon hand expressing would actually work better. But didn't get a chance to try as she woke up, less than two hours after going to bed, and demanded a feed. She's so beautiful but a bit of a handful at the moment! Hope we get a better night tonight but doubt it. DH basically saying its my job, deal with it as that's motherhood, doesn't help. If it's my job where's my lunch break and weekends off?! And yes obviously we all know babies wake up and cause sleep deprivation. But i wish he would try dealing with it 24/7 before he thinks he knows what its like! I do pretty much 100% of everything for her, because he goes to work. Fair enough I guess, but don't pretend you're equally as tired! Grrr. Ok rant over, night night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's a bugger that you couldn't get more with expressing. I can't believe DH would say that. That's so rude and unsupportive. Does he not get that 'your' job is 24 hours a day 7 days a week and you probably need a break? Sometimes I think we need to go out for a day and leave the kids with DH, so they get what it's actually like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    J, so gorgeous. She looks happy.

Sienna is 4 months old today. She's 6.5kgs and 62cms
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MissX - great photo of Chelsea, she looks so happy in her bumbo

Bond - I hope things improve with Meadow and you get some sleep soon. River only takes the avent nighttime dummies, they are quite small. Thats a bit rude of your partner, parenting takes 2 people not 1.

Rainbow - absolutely gorgeous photos

J - what a wonderful photo of Lucy, does she love the bath?

Smurfy - beautiful photo of Sienna

Just wondering those who have started solids what did you start with and how did you prepare it? I've tried pumpkin, sweet potato and apple cooked up and mushed with a fork but she just isn't keen at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - maybe mashing with a fork means its still too lumpy for her at this stage. Try blending it really smooth for her. I started Toby on veggies like that (carrot was his first ever taste) but he also wasn't keen at first and took a few weeks to get used to it. The taste is so different to milk after all. We went back to starting with baby rice cereal instead then gradually adding more veg or fruit to it, but I've recently read rice cereal is now not advised!

Lil smurfy- great pic of Sienna. Happy 4 months! Do you feel its gone quick?

J- love the pic of Lucy in the bath. For some reason the last few days Meadow has started screaming when bathed. She always loved it before! May try the big bath rather than baby bath

Hi everyone else!

Afm-Well we still had a pretty rough night. But good news is she has slept two hours in her own bed during afternoon nap without needing resettling once! Great! Tried three dummies but no luck yet. I had two hours to myself this morning- to do housework, ha!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 24-11-2013 at 15:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond, it has felt like its gone quick. The first month went slow, but now it's flying.

Toni, Sienna has just started pumpkin. I steamed it, ashes with a fork, then added water to thin it down. I'm not sure how much she's actually swallowing, and how much is ending up on her clothe, but she's lovin being fed. We'll go a week on pumpkin and then try something else. How long are you offering the one food, before you change? I've heard it can take 10 tries before a baby works out if they like it or not