Closed Thread
Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Toby was wrapped until about 7.5 months old! Stopped around the same sort of time i stopped his dream feed (late I know!). But he was a terrible sleeper and was in his room for an hour or more a couple of times a night settling him at that sort of age. Then he'd be up at 5am ready to start the day! The early mornings lasted til he was about 20 months old. Then thank God it became 6am or later! Hope Meadow isn't an early riser when she starts sleeping through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Massive hugs Toni - I too will be devastated when Chelsea has had enough, but you have done so well for 5 months! I hate expressing and haven't done any in over a month now! Really need to start doing it again as it was comforting having a stash in the freezer.

Has anyone heard from Choccie? Hopefully Axle is doing well still.

FTM - Vale is just so gorgeous, hopefully she gets some work through the agency

Rainbow - my first thought was a growth spurt and yep demand feeding is the way. I try and keep Chelsea to 3 hourly feeds, but there are days she might feed 1.5 hourly - you will be able to tell when Toby really needs it and when you can hold him out.

Hi J, Smurfy, nila and anyone else I have forgotten!

Have had an amazing 2 nights with Chelsea sleeping through the night! But like always, don't get too excited as I am sure she will be back to every couple of hours again tonight.
    She laughed for the first time today!!! It was so beautiful - I only wish she would do it again!
    Here she is in her bumbo

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385113815.096394.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Lil Smurfy,
    I still swaddle Lucy very firmly to sleep, which helps her stay put and stay asleep! So far she has only escaped if the wrap I used was too small and therefore she was able to "bust out"!!
    One of the only useful things my Mum ever taught me was how to do a firm wrap. If Lucy does manage to break free she ALWAYS wakes up.
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We could have done with lessons on wrapping tight. Sienna always got out of them. I think some were too small, but she hated her arms wrapped, so just kept trying to escape. From about 3 weeks, we stopped wrapping. She started sleeping through the night around the same time. With the bonds suits, she must wake at some stage during the night, move around a bit, and then go back to sleep.

MissX, gorgeous pic of Chelsea in the bumbo. How beautiful do they sound when they laugh? I love Sienna's laugh, but she generally doesn't find me amusing. Yay for Chelsea's great sleep. Hopefully it continues.
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 22-11-2013 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I am seriously contemplating giving Meadow a bottle of formula tonight to see if it makes any difference to her sleep. But know I will hate to do it as it seems selfish. She just wants boobs and the formula is of no benefit to her whatsoever. It's about me. Even though I will feel terrible for giving it to her, her first formula ever in her life *sigh*

Had very little sleep last night and no nap this afternoon as she kept stirring and needing resettling by shoving my boob in her mouth.

I do not expect her to sleep through at 3 months old. I do expect her to sleep 3-4 hrs in a row though, like she used to when she was much younger. Argghh

Sorry vent over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, could you express and give her that tonight, instead of the formula? If you are going to feel guilty about giving it to her, it's probably best not too, if it can be avoided. Or could you have some EBM on hand and DH can give it to her during the night, so you can sleep?

Sienna has been on formula top ups since she was 5 days old. I hated the fact that my body was letting her down and not supplying what she needed. It is only recently that I have accepted the fact that I'm never going to be able to exclusively BF. Having said that, she does sleep through the night, most nights, and I do think that's because of the formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Smurfy. I could try expressing but never seem to get very much! Last time I tried I only got a few drops. I could try hand expressing as well though. Maybe if she goes to bed ok tonight, just feeding her now, then in a couple of hours I will have enough there to get some and do a little top up after her dream feed later on. May make no difference as could just be the comfort of BF she wants rather than the milk. Who knows!

If I can keep going til Monday I will ring the CHN who was meant to be calling me back re. her sleep. Maybe she'll give me the referral to sleep school that she mentioned. But not sure how I feel about that as don't want to do anything Meadow isn't developmentally ready for, or let her cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you have a better night tonight. It's so hard to know what babies want. It's all just trial and error until you find what works. Does she have a dummy?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she never really needed one for first few weeks then when I tried in desperation she just gagged and spat it out! I've tried about 3 or 4 times. But feel bad as she seems to hate it. I guess as it's so different to the breast. Maybe I'll try again with that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bond Girl check out this video on pumping, I've found it really helpful http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastf...roduction.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (23-11-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (24-11-2013),ToniS  (24-11-2013)