Closed Thread
Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like a growth spurt and possibly cos he's eating so frequently, he's not as hungry each feed, which could explain the shorter feeds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Plus Rainbow, it takes about 6 weeks to establish lactation, and frequent demand-feeding assists in this process. All good.

Toni, you have definitely not failed!! BF does not always happen, for many reasons beyond your control. But to express for 5 months is an excellent investment in your baby's health, and you should be proud. Few people would have bothered to do that; it is so time-consuming. Well done.

J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Bonds jumpsuits!! So snuggly.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    J, so cute. Do you find Lucy moves more in them? Any night that I put Sienna in her cot in a bonds suit, she manages to wiggles her way to the other end of the cot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni, just to add that when Toby stopped BF of his own accord at 13 weeks old i tried expressing so he could still have breast milk but failed as could never get enough. So he had my milk for much less time than 5 months. You've done so much better than so many others. River is almost ready to have solids now (or has she started, sorry don't remember) so switching to formula now won't matter.

Rainbow- yeah also sounds like growth spurt to me. I have given up trying to guess what's causing Meadow's ever changing schedule though and am just surrendering and going with it. Makes me more relaxed actually!

Smurfy- that's funny about the bonds jump suits. Doubt they'd want to advertise that it makes bub more wriggly at night! Must be something about the fabric?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    I know its a good effort etc but I still feel so sad.

I couldn't breastfeed as no matter what I tried she never latched. She just wouldn't go on. I still feel like I've failed her :'(

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You haven't failed her at all. I went through the same thing with DD. she couldn't latch no matter what we did so I ended up expressing until she was 6 months. It was DAMNED hard work. In fact after being able to b/feed this time it say it was even harder and more exhausting than b/feeding. You have given her the best start - it doesn't matter how she gets it!

I completely understand the emotions of stopping expressing though, I was surprised how emotional I was when I stopped. I think the whole experience just made me even more to make it succeed this time with C and seek more help this time.

*hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Toni, just to add that when Toby stopped BF of his own accord at 13 weeks old i tried expressing so he could still have breast milk but failed as could never get enough. So he had my milk for much less time than 5 months. You've done so much better than so many others. River is almost ready to have solids now (or has she started, sorry don't remember) so switching to formula now won't matter.

Rainbow- yeah also sounds like growth spurt to me. I have given up trying to guess what's causing Meadow's ever changing schedule though and am just surrendering and going with it. Makes me more relaxed actually!

Smurfy- that's funny about the bonds jump suits. Doubt they'd want to advertise that it makes bub more wriggly at night! Must be something about the fabric?
    I think the fabric gives her grip, so when she kicks her legs, it actually moves her. I'm not completely sure. I've watched her, and it takes her all of 5 mins to get out from under her blanket and get to the other end. She doesn't do it in any other suit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. Its just a hard day knowing I won't be providing for her anymore but instead buying formula :-(

Bond have tried River on solids twice and she hasn't been keen. Will try again in a few days

Waiting I got all the help I could, 6 days in hosp and 2 lactation consultant visits couldn't help. I think it was a combination of flat nipples, no supply to start with and the fact River was so small that the nipple shield was to big for her mouth

J Lucy is to cute!

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni you've done awesome! I quit after day 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy,
    I still swaddle Lucy very firmly to sleep, which helps her stay put and stay asleep! So far she has only escaped if the wrap I used was too small and therefore she was able to "bust out"!!
    One of the only useful things my Mum ever taught me was how to do a firm wrap. If Lucy does manage to break free she ALWAYS wakes up.
    J.