Closed Thread
Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    FTM,
    Firstly, Vale is adorable...and she knows how to work that camera!! Lucy is becoming harder to photograph so I have to distract her!!
    Secondly, as everyone on BH knows, I REALLY wanted a second baby, and the 2 miscarriages I had after Oscar really messed me about. But when I did get pregnant, I worried alot that I would not be able to love a 2nd child as much as I love Oscar. And when I found out I was having a girl, I cried for 3 weeks!...I did not think I would know how to be a Mummy to a little girl (my own mother is emotionally-devoid). But within 24 hours of giving birth to Lucy, I was in love in a big way. And the love expands each day.
    I am sure your heart is big enough for another.
    J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Thanks J xx
    It took me a good 12 weeks to fall in love with Vale and it pains me so much thinking back now that it took me so long. I've never known a love like this <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and J, the way Vale is with the camera left me no choice but to sign her up with a boutique agency here in Sydney

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After 5mths I have stopped expressing and I'm devastated. I so wish I had been able to breastfed properly. I hope this passes soon because I know River needs my attention more than she needs my breast milk.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni to do 5 months of expressing is fantastic and such an achievement. i could have never done it. Well done! You've given her a fantastic start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree Bond, expressing for 5 months is a huge effort and a lot of dedication.
    Toni, why couldn't you breast feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know its a good effort etc but I still feel so sad.

I couldn't breastfeed as no matter what I tried she never latched. She just wouldn't go on. I still feel like I've failed her :'(

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You haven't failed her at all. You recognized there was an issue with her latching, so you did the next best thing, and expressed milk, so she was still getting breast milk. To keep that up for 5 months is an amazing effort.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh Toni you've done amazingly!!! Mummy's guilt totally sucks, but please don't feel like you've failed her. I think expressing for 5 months must've been such a task, she's such a lucky girl to have you as her mummy.

Toby has gone from feeding 3 hourly and spending a good half an hour on the breast, to feeding hourly for about 15 mins. Is this okay/normal? Is it a growth spurt? I'm feeding him when he wants, but worried that maybe there's something wrong...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm all for feeding them on demand. If that's what he wants, and he's relatively settled, has wet nappies etc, then it should be fine. Have you got another CHN checkup soon? It could be a growth spurt. How long has he been doing it for?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It only started last night and yeah I am all for demand feeding, just was more worried that he was only nursing for half the time, but apparently they have a growth spurt from 7-10 days and he's 8 days old today so it's probably that!