Closed Thread
Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nila all bubs are different. Ava is 4.5 months and has rolled twice (more by chance than anything else). She enjoys standing on your lap but when put in the jolly jumper or rainforest jumperoo she just stands there, no bouncing happening. It will happen when they're ready. And yes once they are on the move there will be no stopping them, enjoy them being babies a bit longer.

Rainbow - Toby is a cutey. Hope he's feeding and sleeping. How's the pain for you?

J - cute pic of Lucy. How'd you cope in the heat yday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    MissX, poor poppet
    Maybe she has reflux? Have you tried a thickener or are you still breast feeding?

Rainbow he is adorable!

Smurfy, Sienna is too clever! She's so strong!

Here's my baby standing with her back against the sofa. She's wearing my creations

Attachment 46438

Attachment 46439
    Very cute. Sienna has a toy made out of that Bambi material

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    FTM some babies do seem more interested in walking than crawling. Love the dresses you made. Vale is so gorgeous and look at her standing!

Bond I hope meadows sleep continues to improve.

Smurfy Sienna looks so cute standing up

J love Lucy's smile. And her clothes are so cute.

MissX I hope Chelsea feels better soon. Glad she likes the bumbo.

Rainbow that's a very cute mcn. Love the breastfeeding photo too. I think because I couldn't do it I find the photos beautiful

Nila is it possible that because they were so early they will take a bit longer? Enjoy that they are babies for longer.

River is 5mths today. Can't believe it has gone so quick.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy 5 months River!!!

Wow all the babies are growing up so much! They are very cute

Just wanting your thoughts ladies.. I posted this on the FB page but I know theres some who arent on the page..

What is it with CHNs making u feel awful about breast feeding and weight gain? I had the same issue with DD 4 years ago. Caleb is doing so much better than she ever did yet I still got treated like its not enough today. He has gained 115g in 11 days and cos that's less than last time he was weighed she is "worried about my supply dropping" as it's borderline on her weight gain chart. Bah. Been told I need to feed more and go to the drs for a script of motilum for a supply boost (and express 3x daily - yeah easier said than done when I have DD to entertain..). Hmmmmmm no wonder ppl give up feeding so early when they are made to doubt themselves.

Arrgh Ive just seen in his book that its a 200g gain in 12 days - "only 116 in 1 week". She can go jump. Should have turned around and walked out when she commented straight up that Caleb looked "uncomfortable" in the hug-a-bub. Umm no.... he was all froggied up and fast asleep. Its just annoying as he cluster-feeds every evening and Ive introduced a bottle of EBM each evening to give my boobs a break, so now after walking in confident I have that little voice in the back of my head saying "what if he isnt getting enough? What if my supply does drop off?" Sucks.

Thoughts? What would you do? Im trying to convince myself that a gain is a gain, and he is happy, content, sleeps well and has lots of wet nappies so its not an issue?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybee, I hated the heat!! Got to dress Lucy in a cute little outfit though...cute chubby leggies! But I still need to swaddle her to sleep (she flails her little arms about and wakes up if I don't), so she was really sweaty when she woke. I have a fan in her room, but the apnoea sensor alarm mat under her mattress detects the fan, rendering the alarm system useless! Not sure what others who live in hot climates do??

Hey Rainbow...am tipping your milk has come in
    I remember trying to buy nursing bras before I delivered, and laughing at the sizes...12 and 14Bs and Cs...! When my milk came in I needed at least an E for it to be comfortable. Saw great bras at Mothercare before it went broke, but SO expensive, and I wanted to get a few. Ended up getting the most comfy ones from Target and Kmart. I leaked alot at first, especially when I was feeding on one side and the other side started up!! Not so much a problem now. I think you do fall into a baby-led regulation pattern. Or could just be me.

On the subject of BF...My family is so weird about it because my sister and SIL both decided not to feed for various reasons...they could, but decided not too. Fine, their choice. But they don't extend the same courtesy to me or even acknowledge its value. Even my parents say things like "Give her a bottle, it will fill her up more and husband can help". When I say that yes, BF is hard, but I LOVE doing it, and it bonds me to my daughter, the response I get from them is "Well you are doing for yourself then, that's selfish". Really ****es me off because I do it for lots of reasons, and staring down at her little face while she nurses and holds my pinky finger, and snuggles in, is a good enough reason for me. On Saturday afternoon I was at a family afternoon tea at my parents, nursing Lucy, and my sister said "For God sake, put your tit away". She said it jokingly, but I became really annoyed and let-loose on a tirade about how I would BF Lucy until she was 15 if they didn't shut up (obviously I was not serious).

OK, rant over.

J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting...you answered your own question. If Caleb is happy, content, sleeps well, with good wet nappies...then he is getting enough. If you took him to a Paediatrician that's all they would be interested in. Babies weight gain varies enormously. Oscar went from over the 100th percentile at birth to the 3rd percentile...and stayed there for about 18 months. Lucy was massive at birth (4.715kg, way off the chart) and has now dropped to the 50th percentile at 5 months. Both were/are content and well-hydrated.

So yes, I agree she can bite your ****!!

J xx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waiting, I had the same with CHN. I got pushed to I've Sienna more formula. We went to paed checkup and he said it was obvious she was healthy and not dehydrated, so it wasn't a concern. He did suggest giving her more formula though. He said some of those nurses are over zealous and quick to overreact.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting I think you are doing fine. Some CHN are insane.

J I wrap River in Muslin wraps as they are lighter. I don't use a sensor mat so can't help with the fan. As for your family that is rude. Good on you for standing up for your belief. I so wish I could have breastfed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Toni.
    And yes, I feel lucky that I am able to BF; many of my friends were not.
    Will buy some muslin wraps!
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you get the big ones lol. I got given a few packs of smaller ones but they are useless