Closed Thread
Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Waiting, considered nipple shields for a few days? My SIL used them and raved about them. Gives nipples time to heal.
    Lucy is all about the boobies too. She loves to just suck for ages, which is OK when I have the time...!
    J x.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I went braless after having Sienna, and managed to rip the skin off my nipple (my shirt got stuck) ouch. I can do it no probs now.

I definitely had loads of tears in the first few weeks. The mistake I made, was that we didn't leave the house much, so I was slowly going crazy. And we had so many people coming to visit, it was overwhelming. Once I started getting out more, I felt a bit more sane. I still cried on occasion, but not much.
    I did the same thing with DD and went mad. Made sure I didn't do it this time (well, can't really coz I have to take DD to Kindy and keep her entertained!) and I feel I'm coping much better

J - yup got nipple shields. Caleb tends to rip them off grr!!

Well we got a few more hours sleep last night yay!!! And today we have smiles!!! Definitely a wonder week. Trying to catch a photo of a smile but not having much luck!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well my milk is in, my breasts are enormous and I pooped. Just a little, but it wasn't so bad. I think it'll improve from here.

Had my home midwife visit today, she said all looks good with both of us, my stitches look fine (have a hemmorhoid though) and bub seemed fine. He still hasn't been reweighed though, he's not quite 72 hrs old.. Another visit tomorrow though and if that's good, then I'm officially discharged

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1384657288.643877.jpg

Nap time with mama

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    QQ: feeding: should I try and feed from both breasts each time and just alternate which one starts off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Beautiful pic Rainbow.

Feed from one side until that one is empty. If you think he needs more, switch to the next side. Then start from that side next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can you tell you're empty? Novice! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine feel all floppy, like there's not much in there (I have small boobs, not sure if that makes a difference). Sienna also loses interest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chelsea would drink about 120 ml of EBM and she has no issues going from boob to bottle - but we don't do it heaps anymore. My boobs are use to the constant feeding

Toni - we are great, thanks for asking! Still all over the place with sleeping. Main drama at the moment is that she won't go to anyone but me - yay! This upsets daddy a little bit

Rainbow, I have no idea when my boobs are empty as they either always feel floppy or are rock hard! But pretty much Toby will either start detaching and fussing. You can then offer the other boob and if he keeps drinking constantly, you know the other was 'empty'. But you want Toby to drink as much as possible from one boob to get to the fatty hind milk!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow, squeeze both your boobies at the same time and you will definitely get adept at working out which is fuller. I was always told just to offer the second side for a few sucks, then next time start on the side you finished on. I still do it this way. Some people put an elastic band on their wrist to remember. I actually prefer to feed on the left, so I have to be strict about swapping sides!
    J x.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have big boobs, but I can still tell. You will get it sorted soon.
    J.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post: