Closed Thread
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi MissX. I'm doing well now that MIL is gone. DHs nephew was sick most of the time he was here (just a cold or something) and it seems Sienna has caught it. She's not at all happy today. DH took me shopping on Sunday and bought me a couple of dresses. I think they were a 'sorry you had to put up with my mum' present.

Hopefully the EBM works for you tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What an awesome hubby!
    Mine has gone a little distant at the moment he doesn't feel that Chelsea is taking to him and he is feeling useless. I just keep pushing that he holds her and baths her.
    So hot here in Brissy today - putting on the air con and hoping Chelsea sleeps a bit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MissX, can you give hubby EBM to give her, so that he's involved? Once she's smiling, it will be easier, cos she'll respond more to him and smile and he'll know she lives him,

My DH keeps saying I'm Sienna's favourite, I said she likes me cos I feed her. I found our relationship struggled a bit in the beginning. We didn't have time for us, we'd go to bed and there'd be no cuddling or anything cos I was tired and wanted sleep. Things are great now. We're fitting in time for us and it's great.
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 03-10-2013 at 14:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the beginning I would, but then she just wouldn't settle for him. His job has him out in the direct sun all day and he is generally waking around 4:30/5am, so he only really sees her when he comes home and she is being all grizzly. He will be home for a few days this weekend and I have told him just to spend time and not be intimidated by her. It has really hit him hard and he feels really bad. I actually said the same thing about smiles!! I told him soon those 2 would be ganging up against me.
    I also said that he could look after her when she is between 12-20!!!! He could have the attitude! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get hubby to shower with Charlie, its a great bonding thing for them.

So excited Charlie slept from 12.30 through to 5am! Makes me a happy mummy.

Hope everyone is well and bubs doing great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is awesome MissF!!! If it happens again, you will need to share what you do before hand!!
    Last night Chelsea fed every 3 hours, but it would take almost 2 hours to settle/burp her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic MissF. Hopefully it continues for you.

MissX, that sux that it takes do long to burp and settle her. Poor Chelsea.

AFM, everything is going well. Sienna still has her cough / cold, but she's such a happy baby, it doesn't appear to bother her too much. I had a lactation consultant recommended to me, so she's coming out on the 14/10 to see if she can help me increase my supply. Fingers crossed it works, cos I'd love to be able to exclusively breastfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed lil Smurfy! Poor bubba having a cold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Today Chelsea was not herself. She was grizzly all day, hardly slept and hardly drank anything. She would only drink a couple of minutes and then she started to get upset. She then started posseting, which was odd being that she hardly drank anything. Finally by this afternoon I went and bought Gaviscon Infant which seemed to work pretty quickly. She drank an entire bottle of EBM and kept it all down and has not vomited since. However...... She screamed for almost 2 hours I really hope it is because she was so tired and I haven't stuffed her up.
    She has finally gone to sleep & has been asleep for 10 minutes, so I am expecting her to wake in a few minutes.
    Hope not - has anyone experienced this?
    Can Gaviscon do damage if she doesn't have reflux?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MissX - I am pretty good on reflux issues these days!! Infant gaviscon is fine to use, it's like a mild dose if the medication axle is on, to begin with I had to use it in between his meds cause the acid build up was so bad! It gives immediate relief but doesn't last longer than that, you may have to dose before and after a feed.

Anyways my first suggestion is read through this link and see if you think she has any or most of the symptoms
    http://www.**********.com.au/baby/reflux-in-babies

My next suggestion is Do Not let this go on for a long period of time without consulting a doctor, I left mine too long now we have all sorts of difficulties feeding, for example I cannot hold axle to feed him, he frets, stresses, flaps his arms about and won't drink his bottle at all! I have to feed him in a bouncer/beanbag/pram due to being fed with out being on medication and relating this to pain!

If you do believe it's reflux then check out this site.... One of the best ones I found.

http://www.cryingoverspiltmilk.co.nz

A couple of questions.... Do u use thickened formula so she stops spewing?
    Does she cry when u want her to burp? Or after burping? Does she cough a lot? Always have the hiccups? These were my first signs at an early age, maybe between 4-6 weeks. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Chocciequeen; 05-10-2013 at 00:33.