Closed Thread
Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Obviously one of the best methods of gauging supply is bub's weight gain. Most MCH Centres have scales you can use anytime. As long as bub's weight is trending upwards, no need to worry.
    I don't take anything for supply, but I let her suck alot when I can during the day, which stimulates supply. She is a "happy-spewer" too, but her weight is bang on 50%.
    As for sleep, that's a hard one! She goes to bed about 8pm, but can wake 4-5 times from 1am...I try to put her dummy back in which lasts 30 mins, but by the 4th-5th cry I relent and fed her, but half the time she is not even that keen!! Last few nights I have been close to losing it...SO tired.
    Anyway, better sleep now while I can.
    J.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I may give it a try and buy some tablets. Tried expressing today after a feed and got about four drops! But i know that's no indication of supply.

But called the ABA today and was told if Meadow has at least 5 heavily wet nappies a day, and regular bowel movements then she is getting enough. And she does. She is putting on tons of weight too. So wonder if her fussiness is just due to tiredness, wonder week and sometimes being around Toby being noisy! She mainly cat naps during the day, waking before she is refreshed, and think this makes her cranky and difficult to feed. Want to tackle this so reading different books to decide what to do. Same for her frequent night waking. Its only been the last ten days so wonder if its developmental?

Thanks for your views and input too, Maybee. Really glad SOS works for you, great sleeping from Ava! Perhaps if i had done it earlier it might have been easier to introduce. Miss X kindly sent me the book! But the four hourly feeds I feel are not achievable for us at the moment, and don't want to cry it out. God its hard deciding what to do! Been reading some stuff online from pinky mc Kay, feel a bit more happy with a gentle approach at the moment until she's older. Really love how her biggest smiles are for me and she follows me with her eyes when I leave the room. Even if nothing helps her sleep better, its all worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond it sure is difficult knowing what to do, I question myself all the time. Does she need socks, is she too warm, too cold, should I give her formula, how much tummy time...

I think SOS worked well for us because Ava was mostly feeding 3 hourly and we were getting up only once a night when we introduced the routine. And Ava takes a dummy which helped to stretch a feed in the early days. As I said, it's not for everyone and we don't follow it exactly but some of her tips have worked for us.

You are doing a wonderful job with Meadow especially with a toddler it's got to be tough. We had a difficult night with Ava waking through the night and I was getting frustrated at having to get up over and over to resettle. I was a bit cranky this morning but her gorgeous smile soon made me forgive her for the sleepless night. I think being away has her a bit out of sorts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad the books found you Bond!
    Since reading the Pinky stuff, I have found following my gut instincts work. I really do follow Chelsea. Since then we have had no tears going to bed and it is all very calm.
    However, we don't have a set schedule, but she goes to bed now around 7:30/8pm, normally wakes every 2.5hours fora feed and then goes back to sleep with no fuss. The last few days she has. Been all over the place with sleep, but I just realised she is going through a wonder week, so hopefully she calms down next week.
    During the day she is starting to have a few more naps and again, but following her, I can see she is starting to get into a feed, play, sleep routine.

Chelsea is now 10 weeks and I am really now just understanding how much Chelsea will tell me what she needs. I am not learning anything new from Pinky, but if anything gaining reassurance that my child is not sickly, is not manipulating and is very, very normal!
    I have a few weeks until my MIL turns up and she was telling DH on the phone the other day that Chelsea is too old to not be sleeping through and that we should be just leaving her in her cot to 'whinge it out'. If only Chelsea whinged! My way of loving and paying attention to my 10 week old works for us and life is much calmer!
    There defitinely are days I wish Chelsea would sleep more, but that time will come soon enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I follow Sienna's lead and it is working perfectly for us.

MissX, good luck with your MIL visiting. I hope she's nothing like mine. Sounds like you'll have fun, if she thinks Chelsea should be sleeping through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After saying yesterday that I don't smell like maple syrup, I realized I hadn't worn deodorant and way sweat was smelling kinda sweet lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess there are worse things to smell like!

I am sat feeding Meadow to sleep, having put Toby down for his nap, and am treating myself to a Bounty bar. Yummy. Feel like i deserve it. Had a busy morning, tried to go to a MCHN drop in at 9am but it was closed and killed time at a playground before going to an ABA discussion group. It was about coping with baby number two and a toddler. Very relevant! A nice bunch of ladies, the host was so helpful holding Meadow while I saw to Toby. But outings with both are still pretty stressful. I feel like I am tense internally most of the time, and get home feeling like i need to take deep breathes! Anyway now is family nap time so I can rest.

Decided its impossible to get much of a routine with Meadow atm, too hard with both of them to consider. I will just let go, follow her cues and feed/sleep when she wants. It'll work itself out. sooner rather than later i hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do think there are some bubs who will fall into a routine, but I think most just need to go with the flow - they get the sleep, feed and play they need. But I can just imagine how hard it would be with 2. Hope Meadow falls into a regular pattern soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucy says hello to all her baby friends on Bub Hub!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond I hope you find a balance with Toby and meadow! It can be quite hard in the beginning I found it extremely hard after I had ds2...how old is your first?