Closed Thread
Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Adelaide weather is nuts like Melbourne weather. 35 today and low 20's tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Golly I hear ya here in perth you always need to have a sweater handy cause in the morning is cold then the sun comes out and it's boiling then it's cold again!! Completely nuts

How's everyone today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try Canberra! -1 at night then 27 degrees during the day. You truly need several outfits in one day.

I've been really struggling with meadow's sleep still. Just don't get why she's worse now than a few weeks ago! She's 12 weeks tomorrow so its also growth spurt time. But not sure if she's had it early as doesn't it go from their due date? And she was 12 days late so that may explain it.

She's fussy feeding and keeps breaking off to cry (making me question my supply) and wakes every one to two hours at night. I am at my wits end! Might call ABA tomorrow re. Increasing supply. Any tips? Also made appointment with MCHN as the drop ins are at really inconvenient times, but its not til next Thursday and i was lucky to get a cancellation or would be December by time they had another appointment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tips on increasing supply:
    Fenugreek
    Nursing tea
    Lactation cookies
    Expressing
    Eating oats

I tried all of these and still issues. I'm now at ease with the fact that she is going to be mix feeding

Wonder weeks are supposed to go off your due date.

Hopefully Meadow settles for you soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    C is feeding every 1-2 hours at the moment too. My nipples are so sore!! Not much sleep happening here. He cluster feeds every night - last nigh from 4.30 to 9.30pm and still woke at 11.30, 1.30, 4am 6am.. Feeding every 2 hours today.

I have lots of milk tho so that's good, but it's making me wonder why he feeds so much? Making up for lost time maybe..

Bond - I'm making sure I have oats every day and LOTS of water (3L plus per day..) with DD I took fenugreek too. I'm thinking of buying some nursing tea to have in the evenings when he is cluster feeding during growth spurts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much fenugreek am i meant to have? Don't know for sure if it is a supply issue, but will start expressing after feeds today to boost my supply. Will freeze what i collect.

Sorry you're having similar issues waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you start smelling like maple syrup you have taken enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond I have been wanting to reply properly to your questions re SOS and how to increase supply. We have followed SOS since Ava was approx 7-8wks. I like it because it provides structure to our day, we know when feed times are and we know where we'll be. Quickly summarised there are set feed times, sleep times (which vary depending on bubs age) and bedtime is at 7pm . We aren't super strict with it but generally stick to the times. Ava settles pretty well most of the time and sleeps from 11pm (after dreamfeed) to 7am. i think she is going through a sleep regression stage at the moment though. I understand its not for everyone and am only speaking from our experience.
    As for supply I started taking fenugreek about 3 weeks ago. I wanted to increase supply purely for expressing. I started taking 1 tablet a day and noticed an increase but upped it to 2 tablets a day after a couple of days to give a better boost. I was only ever able to express about 20mls after 25mins. Now I can get approx 60mls in 20mins. Hope this helps a little.

I'm away at the moment so am reading along but little time to post to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm taking 4 fenugreek, 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I haven't noticed an increase in supply or that I smell like maple syrup. It's hard to know what my supply is like though. Sienna throws up so much after Her top up feeds, I don't know how much formula she actually keeps down. I've been tempted to try and collect it as she spews to see how much is coming back up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most mums I know take 2 fenugreek 3 times a day. You can take up to 4 tablets 3times a day

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app