Closed Thread
Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the kind words everyone re. Meadows birth. Feeling better about it at the moment and what you said made a lot of sense, J.

Nila, lovely pic of the twins. I am glad you had a good talk with DH to sort things out. I have also been at the brink with my DH. Lots of problems and not much time to address them! Its so hard with a young family and we are struggling too. Big hugs to you.

Toni- hope river is ok after her fall, and like others have said it happens to most of us at some point! Don't be too hard on yourself hun.

Afm, had Toby's birthday party today so lots to do and clean up! I made a big monster truck cake which he was happy with. Feeling very overwhelmed with so many things to do and think about at the moment. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Also struggling with meadows sleep again. She's been waking loads at night after being so good for a few days. Also hard to put her down during the day and i feel unable to dedicate the time to sleep training her due to having Toby around too demanding attention. For those who have used a method, eg SOS, are you able to summarise for me? Trying to decide what to do but want gentler approaches. Got SOS, no cry sleep solution and baby whisperer reserved from the library but there is a few ppl ahead of me and can't afford to buy them all! Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - glad to hear River is ok. I remember DD going head first off the bed when she had just started crawling.. I think it happens to everyone at some time. Doesnt make it any less scary though!!

Bond - Im sorry to hear that Meadows birth didnt go as you had planned. But, as the others said - you should be proud of how you have handled it all and what you did to get your VBAC. Your strength and determination are admirable. I hope you can get Meadows sleeping sorted soon

Nila - great news that Tyler is doing ok. Bummer that your DH is being a pain, I really hope he steps up for you

Ques - does anyone know how long you should wait after birth (with 2nd degree tearing and stitches) to have a bath?! Im HANGING to have a soak in the bath but not sure if I should yet?

AFM - we are doing well. Crazy busy juggling DD and C, DH went back to work last week (he ended up having to work most of the 2 weeks he had off grrr..) so I dont get on here very much at the moment. C is doing well, he is now 3 weeks old and has got back to his birth weight. We have been able to get rid of the finger feeds now he is latching better so is fully b/feed which Im pretty proud of as I never managed that with DD. He is a very placid baby compared to DD - hope it stays that way!! Slowly getting in to a loose "routine" (I know that will change anytime though!). Hoping for more sleep soon...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond, I have SOS and From Crying Baby to Contended Baby. I am not using these at the moment as I prefer Pinky McKay's style of parenting and reading her book at the moment.
    If you PM me your address, I am happy to loan these books to you. I don't see us following the SOS routine for some time yet!!
    Also I had the same upset feelings about Chelsea's birth as well. Felt that because I had a vacuum, that I didn't give birth. It is all false and you did an amazing job! Defitinely keep talking about it until you feel empowered by the birth.

So hot here at the moment! I hate swaddling Chelsea when it is so hot as she is quite a sweaty bub!! Hopefully we can sort out air conditioning soon.

DH has the next few days off, so we are finally putting the finishing touches in Chelsea's room together! It is starting to look quite girly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond: hope Meadows sleep improves. We let River set her own routine so can't really help. We try to get her to bed at 7 but doesn't always work

Waiting: I would think as long as the wound is healed and you feel confident getting in and out.

MissX: Do you use a muslin wrap for swaddling? I find these keep River cooler as long as you can get the big ones.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Miss X, that would be fantastic! I'm just trying to read around a bit and decide what to follow. Had several of these books out from a library in UK but didn't get a chance to read them! She was awake loads again last night so had her in bed with me so she can suck then fall asleep. Would rather not do this but too tired to sit up and feed. She won't take a dummy, tried several times and she just gags but she likes sucking her hands or being on the boob for comfort. Fair enough i suppose, Toby has his dummy still for sleep and wish he didn't sometimes as it causes tantrums when he wants it earlier than allowed! So might be easier in the long run if she doesn't have one.

Waiting- glad you've dropped the finger feeds and BF is going well! It's hard work but all you can do is try your best, and see where it takes you. I've been tempted to try formula lately to see if she sleeps longer but really i don't think it'll help as her 6-7 hr stretches were on the boob so the regression isn't going to be helped by this i don't think.

It's a very hard adjustment from one kid to two isn't it! I'm finding it pretty overwhelming at the moment. Sure we'll all get used to it eventually or just find ways to cope.

Re. The bath. I had a third degree tear and wasn't told not to bath but just keep clean and dry (hard when bleeding post partum!) so think you could have one by now, its been three weeks after all, and just make sure it dries out properly afterwards. Your stitches should have dissolved by now anyway.

Morning to everyone else!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 04-11-2013 at 07:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Toni - glad to hear River is ok. I remember DD going head first off the bed when she had just started crawling.. I think it happens to everyone at some time. Doesnt make it any less scary though!!

Bond - Im sorry to hear that Meadows birth didnt go as you had planned. But, as the others said - you should be proud of how you have handled it all and what you did to get your VBAC. Your strength and determination are admirable. I hope you can get Meadows sleeping sorted soon

Nila - great news that Tyler is doing ok. Bummer that your DH is being a pain, I really hope he steps up for you

Ques - does anyone know how long you should wait after birth (with 2nd degree tearing and stitches) to have a bath?! Im HANGING to have a soak in the bath but not sure if I should yet?

AFM - we are doing well. Crazy busy juggling DD and C, DH went back to work last week (he ended up having to work most of the 2 weeks he had off grrr..) so I dont get on here very much at the moment. C is doing well, he is now 3 weeks old and has got back to his birth weight. We have been able to get rid of the finger feeds now he is latching better so is fully b/feed which Im pretty proud of as I never managed that with DD. He is a very placid baby compared to DD - hope it stays that way!! Slowly getting in to a loose "routine" (I know that will change anytime though!). Hoping for more sleep soon...
    My mum kept telling me to have salt baths post birth, to help the healing, so I think you should be fine. I never did cos I was bleeding so heavily.

I was told it would take 4-6 weeks for my stitches to dissolve. At the 6 week mark, I still got a stitch on the toilet paper when I wiped.

That's great that you are fully breastfeeding now. What a bugger that your hubby was working during his leave
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 04-11-2013 at 07:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In the last week and a half, Sienna has started laughing, rolling from tummy to back, and last night started rolling from back to tummy.

Yesterday evening, she was so upset and unsettled. I BFd her then tried to give her a formula top up which she refused. All she wanted was to BF and was getting upset cos she wasn't getting enough. I felt like I was letting her down because I don't make enough for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow clever girl Sienna!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great smurfy, really good for Sienna's age!

Maybe she wasn't feeling well yesterday and needed the comfort of BF. If it's more than she'd usually BF then of course your supply won't be immediately be there, perfectly natural, please don't feel bad. x
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 04-11-2013 at 15:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Melbourne Cup Day Dress!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images