Closed Thread
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good idea Toni, pretty much all you can do once she's started rolling!

Glad you Melbourne girls had a good meet up!

Toby had a good birthday yesterday. Thanks for all the warm wishes. I met up with my student midwife at a play centre, lovely to see her, we will remain friends for sure. My birth centre is doing a calendar and we'll have a picture in it for the month Meadow was born. They also have a Christmas picnic in December. Will be Lovely to be able to see my proper midwife there too!

I have been feeling sad about how the birth went the last day or two actually, about how i needed forceps and it wasn't me pushing her out as i hoped for. And how I've now had two complicated births. Was hoping for a healing experience and it wasn't, which has emotionally reared its head again in recent days.

To make myself feel better I will post my success photo, meadow is 11 weeks old today and we are still exclusively BF. It's been hard but we've made it this far so really hope to get to my goal of six months!

Booby shot
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, lovely pic. I'm sorry you're feeling that way about your birth. You did an amazing job, you managed to hold the ob at bay, when you were overdue and he wanted to bring it on. You knew exactly how you wanted your birth to go, and did everything in your power to achieve that. You should be proud of your determination and proud of the fact that you brought Meadow safely into this world. And now you're doing an amazing job and exclusively breastfeeding her.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond try not to be so hard on yourself. You've done an amazing job with Meadow.

Ava was weighed and measured today. She weighs 6kg and is 59.5cm. The health nurse told me something I didn't know today. Ava sometimes pulls off when finished feeding but screams. I tried burping her but she still screamed. I thought she was still hungry so put her back on breast. She'd suck for a little and then scream again. Nurse asked if she takes a dummy and said to offer her the dummy after feeding as its the sucking feeling she is after and that helps to bring up wind which is why she sucks at the breast but screams because it's not the milk she's after. Hope that makes sense. It was news to me. DH is interstate until Monday. I'm slightly anxious but know that I'm being silly. Mum has offered to babysit tomorrow so I can go get my nails done. Why do I feel guilty for this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you smurfy and maybee. I am trying to remind myself that so many aspects of the birth were what i wanted- spontaneous labour, quick and effective contractions, drug free. It was just the last hurdle i got in trouble at, and that was only due to her heart rate dropping due to the cord. Had that not have happened i would have probably pushed her out myself. But thank god she was ok. I feel so lucky to live in a time that we have the medical knowledge and skills to keep the majority of births safe.

Maybee- interesting what you were told. I assume Ava has a dummy you can give? Has it helped in this situation? Meadow still does the same quite often but she doesn't have a dummy! She wouldn't take one when i tried a couple of weeks ago in desperation!

Don't feel quilty about going out, we all need a break! I had one while in the UK and worried so much before i went but soon felt better when i was enjoying myself. Amen for breast pumps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybee, good luck while DH is away. Don't feel guilty about having a break. Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bond and Smurfy. I know it's ok to be away from her but I feel selfish. I wouldn't think twice if my DH was here to look after her. It will only be for an hour or so, so I don't feel so bad.

Bond yes Ava does have a dummy. It worked at the 6pm feed yday. She doesn't do it at every feed but generally does at this feed.

Also she has been waking at 6am instead of 7am (she has been waking at 7am the past 8 weeks) the past 4 days, so I put her to bed at 6:30 last night, dream fed her and she slept until 6:50. I also put an extra blanket on so not sure if its the blanket or early bedtime that may have helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond: sorry you are feeling sad about the birth. You did a great job and Meadow arrived safe and sound. I love that photo of her (bf photos always make me a bit sad) Keep trying dummy if its something you want Meadow to use, River refused hers until 6 weeks.

Maybee: Ava is doing great :-) hope the dummy at meal time continues to help. I've also had a break to get my hair done as it had been a year. My mum and sister baby sat when I was visiting family, they loved it. I hope the time until DH returns goes quickly for you.

AFM: I officially feel like the world worst mum. Had River on my bed last night and she was just dozing off. I decided to put pillows around her and do my dishes and then would transfer her to bed. I always do this and normally wash bottles then come check her then wash my stuff. Well last night I was just finishing the bottles when River fell off my bed :-( she wiggled between the pillows. I was mortified and feel horrible. I rang the ambulance and thank god she is ok so no more unsupervised bed time for her even with the pillows.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ToniS For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni, from what I can gather, most babies fall off the bed at some stage. Sienna hasn't yet, but I can imagine how bad you felt. At least you know now that she can't be left there anymore.

My SIL has 6 kids, and I think each of them has fallen off the bed at least once as babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond,
    You made sensible decisions and brought Meadow safely into this world. If you had refused intervention and something bad had happened to her, you would have never forgiven yourself.
    Back in the days of "natural births", the maternal and infant mortality rates were very high. You followed advice which ensured the safe delivery of your daughter. You should be proud you had the good sense to do so.
    At the end of the day, as long as mother and baby are alive and well, that is all that matters.
    I understand that things didn't happen the way you would have hoped, and you are understandably disappointed, but please don't reproach yourself. Feel good and proud that you made decisions which enabled her safe delivery.
    J xxx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni,
    When I did my Paediatric Attachment I saw SO many bubs who had fallen from beds, change tables, etc. All of them were fine. The young brain is designed to "bounce" well. The tissues are elastic and good "shock-absorbers" (the opposite is true in the elderly!!). I am pretty sure most Mums have done this. I know I have!!
    J xx.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app