Closed Thread
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Maybee do you put a facewasher over her belly? Also try showering with her instead

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes we do put face washer over her and slowly move water over her. We do shower as well but hard to do on my own. It's just annoying cause she used to love it so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Maybee - that is the one thing I am so grateful for that Chelsea loves the water - hope it stays that way as I am thinking of putting her into swimming.

Last night we had a very bad night getting Chelsea to sleep - almost 2.5 hours of feeding, rubbing, crying then screaming.
    I was 'listening' to her language and as per the Dunstan's language, she constantly needed to be burped.
    Once she got to sleep though, was a good night!!
    I absolutely love this newborn stage, but I can't wait until she can speak and understand me!!! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissX I've had a hard time with Charlie the last couple of days. He has been windy the poor little thing, I can hear his belly churn. So he hasn't been sleeping well and has also been vomiting a bit more than usual.
    I'm trying to get him to not only sleep in my arms and sleep in his bed, but sometimes this isn't an easy task!
    He did sleep for nearly 5 hours this morning in my sling, if only he would sleep like that of a night!
    He is drifting in and out of sleep at the moment but is in his bed, so fx he stays asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really does seem like bub these days are quite windy and hard to sleep - I wonder if it is something in our diets these days?
    I'm sorry you're having a rough time MissF xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something that worked well for me was sleeping axle on his side, seemed to calm him a lot. I have a sleep positioner so he couldn't roll etc he still sleeps in his sides now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Choccie ill check that out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Something that worked well for me was sleeping axle on his side, seemed to calm him a lot. I have a sleep positioner so he couldn't roll etc he still sleeps in his sides now!
    Haha Choccie - thank you for sharing this!!! 2 days before my mum arrived (& I think the day I had my melt down & wrote on here I wouldn't write anymore) I brought Chelsea into bed with me and she was laying on her side, her head against my breast & she fell asleep for 3 hours!!!! Wondering if it was just a fluke, the next day I did it again and she slept for 2 hours!!!! Feeling bad & my little secret I was secretly excited that I had found something that worked, but knew if anyone found out, I would be crucified going against SIDS guidelines.
    I told mum 'my secret' and she told me that she placed all of us on our sides as she always was worried we would choke on our vomit. At the very same time I was talking to mum, DH was talking to his mum and she suggested we lay Chelsea on her side!!! WTF??? Here I was thinking I was being really bad and it seems everyone does it!!! LOL
    I only do it now though when she has been extremely unsettled due to wind and I place a rolled up cloth nappy by her tummy and nothing behind her so that she can roll onto her back and not her tummy, ensuring there is no way it can make way to her face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol missx! Axle was such a bad spewer from the moment he drunk milk they even put him on his side in hospital!!
    The sleep positioners are cheap about $25 I got mine from target. I did used to use a rolled up nappy but found I wasn't entirely comfortable with it especially at night time!
    I also used to just put axle on his side when he would wake in his sleep etc but gave up on that idea after a while And after a lot of research about reflux it seems most reflux babies prefer their sides due to the acid not coming up as much as when on their backs!
    Before axle would sleep 40mins, wake up, burp him, turn him on his side an hopefully sleep again, now I put him on his side first and he sleep 1.5hrs minimum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Side sleeping is great but River still prefers belly (only when I can supervise)

We got down to Vic yesterday. Everyone loves River but its freezing! Ended up bringing River into bed with me at midnight she was just so cold!

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tried Chelsea on her tummy and she only lasts 5 mins before cracking it, so just reserving for tummy time. But like people say, whatever works!

Hope you keep warm!! I love cuddles in bed!!

Lil Smurfy - how are you recovering now your MIL is gone?

Last night I tried just breastfeeding Chelsea again and not EBM and she was awake every 1.5-2 hours, so I will be back to EBM again tonight!!