J.
    Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

3. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

ToniS  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond girl I also struggled when I transitioned from 1 to 2 but not so much when the twins came along

J Lucy is so cute love her cheeks

Hey everyone! Things have been busy this weekend...Tyler has an infection on his boy bits so off to the hospital we went and he finally came home this morning after 2 days but while doing tests to see what it was they stumbled upon a mass near his kidney which they are now investigating with a possible surgery to remove it but will find out more on Wednesday may I add it will be a long couple of days!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nila, so sorry to hear about poor little Tyler! It's awful when your baby is sick or has to go through procedures. i hope all is ok, big hugs x

Smurfy, re. Family day care, I also use it for Toby and he loves it. We started out using it for two days because we couldn't get the right number of days at the day care centre, but ended up dropping the centre as much preferred family day care. The carer is so lovely, fully qualified in child care to diploma level having used to work in a centre, and i feel she is so aware of each kids needs. In the centre they sometimes seemed not to be aware of what was going on with the kids, as there are so many, but here as she only has 4 max at a time, all regulars, its like a little family. so it really suits us and Toby loves going. Its run through a community organisation who takes a small fee per hour for admin costs, rest to her.

Meadow has slept a 6-7 hr stretch for three nights now! Very happy with this, seems to have finally adjusted and be maturing sleep wise. Still can be unsettled during the day, I really am craving a break atm without this manic pace we're having to keep up to get everything done, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond - what do you do to get meadow to sleep so long?
    We are back to sleeping 1.5-2 hours max before waking up throughout the night. I need a break!
    We have tried everything!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried putting dummy back in, patting bubs back to sleep? Helps break the "habit" bubs can develop for a comfort feed. I am trying this with Lucy. She went down last night at 8pm after a good feed, but woke at 11pm...so I just put her dummy back in, tucked her and re-wrapped, and she went back to sleep until 1.30am.
    My Grandma told me she used to have her babies in a bassinette beside her bed, and if they woke she would just pop dummy in and pat them until they went back to sleep. She reckons that once they are drinking 8oz of milk before bed (will have to Google 8oz in mLs?!!), then they should sleep through. She had babies very close together, in the days before washing machines and dryers and dishwashers, so she really needed her sleep.
    Lucy is breastfed so not sure how many oz of milk she is having, but she seems to feed well.
    We shall see if Grandma's method works?!
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    8oz is 240mL. Which is a fair bit!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tend to agree with that J. Sienna cluster feeds from 6-9 and has in excess of 240ml of formula in that time, and breast feeds as well. She falls asleep around 9:30 and wakes around 6:30

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Ok here I go with an attempt at a great catch up

J, Lucy is a beautiful little girl. With regards to sleeping through, Vale has NEVER had more than 200 mls in a feed and actually averages about 150 mls per feed and slept through from about 12 weeks. She went through an awful sleep regression at around 4 months which just finished up a few weeks ago but she's thankfully back to sleeping through with 1 or 2 dummy wake ups. I hate the dummy! Wish I had never introduced it to her as at one point we were getting up 6 + times a night to pop it back in! i took it off her and she's only allowed to have it for sleep. It helped with the wake ups.

MissX sorry to hear that Chelsea is waking so often. The only thing that worked for us was sleep training as most of you already know. She may be going through a growth spurt or a wonder week. Poor possum and poor you! I know how awful sleep deprivation is

Toni, River is getting so big! I love seeing how our bubs grow and progress! Big girl in her cot! Does she love the jolly jumper? Vale goes crazy in it! She jumps like a kangaroo

Lil Smurfy, sorry to hear you have to return to work so soon
    There are great day cares out there. I'm actually looking at putting Vale in one sometime next year for one day a week. We are looking at the Montessori academies as I prefer they're way with children. Good luck with it hun and Sienna is GORGEOUS! She's changed sooo much!

Bond, I won't be returning to work. DH has decided he's selling his investment property which will pay off our house so thankfully there's no need. I feel very fortunate believe me! I'm in the beginning stages of creating a baby clothing line but that's a while yet before it's ready to be put out there but I'm hoping it will be a success

MissF I wouldn't worry about percentile. As long as bubs has doubled their birth weight by 6 months and tripled it by a year old it's all good Vale didn't put on great weight until she started solids.

Maybee Ava is STUNNING! What a great smile she has!

Nila, the twins are sooo grown up! They look gorgeous and healthy

Waiting how is Caleb doing? Hope you're both well.

I'm afraid that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy - what age did u introduce the formula feed at night?

Nila - hope everything is ok with Tyler.

J - Lucy is so cute! Love her little cardi's

Bond - wow go Meadow!!

We r doing well. C has started feeding much better, though my nipples have copped a thrashing the past few days - ouch! Last night he just wanted to feed all evening, he fed most of the time from 7.30 till 11.30pm. He slept 4 hours after which was awesome , but then decided it was party time for 2 hours during the night, wanting to snack all the time.

I find he often won't settle unless he is on me (or the boob!) or sleeping right next to me.. Has anyone else had this?