Closed Thread
Page 14 of 92 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going to feed her EBM tonight to check the boob supply. She just fussed for ages on the left boob and then drank awhile in the right.
    I just handed her over to DH - I desperately need a shower (& a break) and she has started her 'arsenic hours'. I am going out Friday night, so will give him some practice before then to deal with her screaming!
    I think the sleep pattern is just normal for Chelsea, I just need hubby's attitude to improve a bit! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Smurfy, its funny how our babies know exactly when dinner time is and demand our attention then! This often happens with Meadow. Glad Sienna is sleeping so well! That's a great long sleep!

Toni- you've done really well expressing for so long. I could never do that, pumps don't work too well for me, so well done and hope River adjusts to formula quickly. Also hope she settles soon so you can get some sleep!

Miss X- poor you, I hope Chelsea sleeps for longer stretches soon! Having had similar short sleeps from Meadow since our return journey I really sympathise. I've also been used like a dummy a bit recently, comfort sucking, and its frustrating but only way I could stop her screaming and waking Toby up last night! Think its just how they go sometimes, and if they don't actually have a dummy there's not much else you can do but try to breathe and ride it out. And yes there is a growth spurt at around 6-8 weeks I believe! How did you go with the EBM? big hugs!

Afm- Meadow is 10 weeks tomorrow and now weighs 5.38kg and 60 cm long which puts her on 90th percentile for height! I am really pleased she has grown so well being solely BF.

She had her vaccinations and cried loads poor little thing. Was then fine initially but Woke after her afternoon nap really upset and with cries of pain so gave panadol which soon helped. Unfortunately Toby knocked over the entire new bottle of panadol before I could get a lid on it so had to go buy more just in case she needed it during the night!

Luckily she slept from 9pm until 04.30 when she woke for a feed. Longest ever, thanks I think to the vaccinations which I was told may make her sleepy. I did pick her up for a dream feed at 01.00 though as I was so engorged on one side I needed to feed her! But she never woke, just drank. Shame I've been wide awake most of the night, typical! I hope this good sleep will get her back on proper Aussie time and end her jet lag, as she was doing pretty well before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bond, it is funny about dinner time. It doesn't matter what time we have it (anywhere from 6 - 9), she still manages to wake right when it's ready. I can even feed her while DH is cooking, get her settled, and she'll still fire up when it's ready.

That's a great weight gain for Meadow. I'm glad she slept so well last night, it's a shame you didn't though.

AFM, Sienna is 3 months old today. She weighs 5.7kgs and is 58cm long. I'll post a pic later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow both Sienna and Meadow are similar in size to River. My little girl really is little.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's gorgeous and petite, Toni. They all grow at different rates, and think it really depends on the parents size. I am 5ft 9 and DH is 6ft 1 so kinda inevitable my babies will be long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toni - my DD is very petite too. She was 7lb 8oz at birth but dropped down to the 10th percentile quite quickly... it was pulled over hot coals by community health nurses and drs that I must not be feeding her enough, give her formula blah blah... well 4 years on and she is still tiny - she starts kindy next week and since toilet training is still wearing size 1 and 2 shorts and skirts!!! My theory is I might bake big babies, I just breed them small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    She's gorgeous and petite, Toni. They all grow at different rates, and think it really depends on the parents size. I am 5ft 9 and DH is 6ft 1 so kinda inevitable my babies will be long!
    Not always inevitable I am 6ft and if he had legs Dale would be around 6ft3 and River is 60cm at 4mths lol I really don't know where she got the petite as I am not petite at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Toni - my DD is very petite too. She was 7lb 8oz at birth but dropped down to the 10th percentile quite quickly... it was pulled over hot coals by community health nurses and drs that I must not be feeding her enough, give her formula blah blah... well 4 years on and she is still tiny - she starts kindy next week and since toilet training is still wearing size 1 and 2 shorts and skirts!!! My theory is I might bake big babies, I just breed them small.
    Oh wow. Yeah my nephew was smaller (River is smaller) and my sister had the same problem, everyone questioning her if she was feeding him. He is still tiny and is at kinder now (4.5years and same as your daughter, still fits size 2 pants)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long time no see, sorry have been MIA for awhile but have been reading along. Will attempt personals but only from the past couple of pages...

Miss X - how did Chelsea go today? From memory I think Ava had a really unsettled week around week 7-8, I was going out of my mind with what could possibly be wrong. It was pointed out to me after that it was probably a wonder week. I hope DH comes around soon and changes his attitude. Chelsea is a cutey btw. How did the EBM feed go?

Bond - lovely to hear from you since coming back from the UK. Meadow is gorgeous. Vaccinations suck don't they. I am not looking forward to them in a couple of weeks time. Well done on Meadow's growth, how is breastfeeding going for you?

Waiting - Caleb is adorable. How are you settling in at home and how is feeding going?

Nila - wow the twins are growing! Just beautiful. How are you adjusting to having 4 young kids to look after?

Toni - great job on expressing for as long as you have. You should be proud of yourself. River is a cutey and she is still tiny but every baby is different. Her and Ava were similar from memory when born. Ava gets weighed next week, I am pretty sure she is more than 6kg now.

Lil Smurfy - wow Sienna is 3 months already. How quick does the time go? Is she sleeping and feeding well?

Hi to everyone else!

As for us, Ava is almost 4 months. I can't believe it. She is a real sweety, generally a very happy and good baby. She has really discovered her voice lately and is a real chatterbox. We wake up to her babbling and giggling through the monitor, it's beautiful to hear. She has her 4 month check up next week and I am keen to see how much she weighs and her length. Still feeding exclusively, have started taking fenugreek to help with my supply - mainly so I can express and store some EBM in the freezer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (27-10-2013)