Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Here is Meadow Rose in the family christening robe
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome home bond. Glad the trip went well. Meadow is gorgeous.

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome back Bond. I'm glad your trip went well and things are going great with Meadow. She's gorgeous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome! I can't believe after such a long journey he is finally here

Nawww these bubbas are so cute!

Welcome back Bond

Choccie- I hope this is the start of improvement for u and little Axle.

We are having some progress. Little man is latching most feeds (except the one in trying to do now Arrgh! Haha ) sometimes he doesn't stay on very long, but I'm finding some feeds he does well. He often latches and forgets to suck though then gets cranky cos theres no milk. His suck is also getting stronger when I finger-feed. He is still very sleepy though but I'm sure he will get stronger in time.

Question - how long did it take u to do feeds when your little one was newborn? (either just a full bf or bf with comp feed?) I didn't bf for very long with dd due to latching issues so this is all very new to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, it took me about an hour to BF both my bubs in the beginning. Feeding one side, winding, then feeding the other side, winding, then nappy change to wake them up to take more in an attempt to keep them asleep longer! I think every baby feels like a new experience when BF as they're so different. Hope you can get it all sorted, it can be so hard!

Well Meadow is still jet lagged I think as she had me up every hour or less for most of last night! Not like her at all, think her day and nights are mixed up due to the 10 hr time difference! Needless to say I am worn out but at least Toby slept well.

DH is back at work on Thursday and this is when I become a proper SAHM again, up til now we've both been around sharing the work due to our trip and DH's bad back keeping him off work just after she was born. I am very nervous about doing a full day with two of them alone, simply because of their competing needs and being able to keep both happy. Its fine if Meadow is in the mood to be put down, leaving me with free hands to see to Toby, but if she's fussing its impossible to deal with him too. And I feel sorry for him if he asks me to play and I can't! Oh well, sure I'll work it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Waiting, in the early days, feeds were taking about an hour. That was 20 mins each side and then a formula top up. Now it takes about 40 mins.

Bond, I hope meadow sorts out day and night soon. Could you try baby wearing the days that Meadow doesn't want I be put down? I hope things go well when DH goes back to work

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond, I agree with Smurfy, try baby wearing. And welcome home. I found my first week without DH was hard and I Only have one child, but I hope all goes well for you...... We are all here for you ;-)

So I'm wondering who has started their bub on solids and when you did this?

I had mothers group today, was good to get out and have an adult conversation plus see other mums who are going through what I'm going through too.

Charlie has his 6 week check up on Wednesday and immunisations on Thursday. I can't wait to have his weighed and measured, I know he has grown heaps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissFaery For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool thanks It ranges between an hour and and hour and a half per feed (depending on how/if C latches) so at least I know now its not unusual!

C seems much more chilled than DD ever was, I sooooooo hope it stays that way and he takes after his Daddy! Feeding has improved over the past day or so, he is getting better at latching and staying on the boob, and has even managed to take a couple of full feeds on the boob today without needing finger-feeding so there's definite progress. I was pretty much glued to the couch all day as a result (apart from a nap!) but I figure its going to be worth it in the long run!

Another question (Im full of them, I feel like a novice when it comes to BF, EBM and bottle feeding I can do, this is all new!!) b/feeding newborns..... did you have to pump after feeds? How long did you need to do that for if you did? i was pumping every feed while he wasnt always taking the boob so I could comp-feed EBM (and to bring my milk in) but Im now a friggen dairy cow - just call me Daisy I already have over a litre frozen and I havent even been home a week! Was debating today if he feeds well during the day, maybe I should only pump the morning feeds when my boobs are really full... just nervous it will make my supply drop in the evenings though?
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 21-10-2013 at 22:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I am going to baby wear I think. Bought a stretchy wrap when in the UK and was looking at you tube videos of how to wrap it last night. Going to test it in the morning! There are so many types of sling its pretty daunting but thought i would give a stretchy a go. Do you girls baby wear?

Good luck with the six week check and vaccinations Miss Faery! Hope little Charlie is ok after the needles. I am ashamed to say we haven't had a six week check yet due to the trip, just too busy to fit it in while there and tbh we're both fine so I've skipped it this time. I've not had Meadow weighed since she was two weeks old (bad mummy alert!) for same reason, time restraints, but that's also because I can see she's putting on loads of weight so I am not concerned and she piled it on in first two weeks so think its continued well from there. That being said, I do want to have her weighed this week just to see! I've booked her first needles for Wednesday, a bit late, but called the immunisation people before we left and they said a slight delay is fine. God, I am so much more slack with my second child! lol

Waiting, I have never had to pump regularly, just to get enough for an evening out two weeks ago, so can't give much advice, but i will say that your body will naturally settle into producing just the right amount for Caleb in next few weeks (eventually eliminating that engorged feeling) so doubt reducing pumping will matter as long as he's having regular BF and all that lovely skin to skin Btw what is finger feeding? Is it using a syringe to give milk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bond, I baby wear. I have a sling, a wrap and an ergo carrier.