Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    he is soo beautiful - smiles!!
    I agree - time for a break universe!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Choccie, he's gorgeous

I had a lactation consultant come out yesterday. She said Sienna latches perfectly. She wants me to feed her her formula through a supply line, while she's feeding off me, so that she has to suck more. She's hopeful my supply will be up within a week and I'll have stopped the formula. This morning I used the supply line and he fed beautifully. This afternoon, I tried with the other side, and she screamed hysterically. Fingers crossed the next feed is more successful

Thanks
    Reviews
    fingers crossed Smurfy! Let us know how you go.

We have spent the last few nights leaving Chelsea in her bed and 'shhing' and patting her to sleep and after about 2-3 hours, she finally wears herself out. I stopped feeding her EBM at night and she is only sleeping 2 hours, but the upside is that I am actually sleeping! I found that when I was giving her EBM, I would then stay up to express what I hadn't just fed her and was waking myself up. Last week I didn't sleep for about 3 days and went a little loopy by the end of the week. Poor DH....
    But Chelsea and I are off to the MCHN to see if they can help out a bit.
    Someone suggested I feed her a formula bottle at night, but everytime I stand in front of the formula's in the shops, I just can't bring myself to buy one.

Upside, going out for a girl's dinner on Saturday night and will leave Chelsea home with DH.... Hope it goes ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing - FINALLY!!

Caleb James arrived on Friday 11/10/13 - and I got my much wanted VBAC (completely drug free!!!) weighing 7lb 6oz. A really good size as he was only 37+2. We have been having some feeding issues as he is jaundice, as well as being very sleep so wasnt taking much feeding at all. Came home on Tues and he was still losing weight. Im now comp-feeding via finger-feeds. Went to see middy today, he has finally put some weight back on. Middie said that he isnt tongue tied but cant yet bring his tongue forward or suck well due to low muscle tone in his mouth. Have to keep offering b/feeds to encourage him to attach, and finger feeds until he gets stronger.

Hope everyone is doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome waiting and Caleb

Sent from my HTC One S using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome Waiting. Hopefully your feeding issues improve soon

AFM, I've continued using the supply line for about 3 feeds a day. It's made feeding a lot less enjoyable. She fusses around and grabs at the tube constantly. Yesterday she was refusing the breast, which had me a bit worried that this was going to backfire and instead of increasing supply, it would result in her refusing to BF. She improved by the evening thankfully. She spent a few hours screaming and sobbing yesterday afternoon, so not sure if she was refusing the boob because she wasn't feeling great. No idea, it's was hard trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She's usually so happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Waiting and baby Caleb!!

Lil Smurfy, how is the feeding progressing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome waiting! Congrats on baby Caleb.

Well this has been my first week on my own with DH back at work.....hardest thing is he has been working long days so its long days at home. Although I get out of the house each day, I didn't realise how challenging this would be. I think mainly coz you don't have another adult to interact and talk to. Does anyone else struggle with this? You just seem to do the same thing each day, feed, change nappy, settle, wonder why bub is crying try something else, feed again etc. don't get me wrong I love being a mum but 24/7 its hard work!

How is Chelsea going MissX?

Hope everyone is well and bubs are good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MissF, it is hard work. I've got a few mums I catch up with occasionally, just to have adult conversation. Or I just go to the shops to get out of the house. I found it hard when DH first went back to work, cos he'd get home and have a whole bunch of things he wanted to do, and all I wanted was 1) someone to talk to and 2) someone to take Sienna so I could have a few minutes to myself

At his stage I've ditched the supply line idea. She was getting cranky and feeding was no longer fun. I expressed the other day when she Slept brought when she should have fed, and there was no improvement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy, its great to know I'm not the only crazy one ;-)
    Unfortunately I'm no longer BF, he wouldn't latch, no matter my peristance and expressing got too hard. But Charlie is thriving, he is going well. Here is a picImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1382174340.232899.jpg