+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much EBM does your 7 month old drink?

So I have a 7 1/2 month old DS who has only ever had BM straight from the tap DH is keen to be involved, and I think I would like to have at least the option of a little time out without stressing if he needs a feed (I haven't been away from him for more than an hour since he was born). Plus I would like a stash of EBM for emergencies.

Just wondering how much you LO drinks/drank of EBM at this age? I guess I remember formula fed babies amounts and was thinking 240ml ish but was just reading Kelly Mom and it seems they think far less than this.

He has solids but is BLW and doesn't eat huge amounts yet (he ate most of a banana this morning and that's the most he's had for breakfast in ages, often he just has most of a couple of prunes and plays with anything else I give him). He feeds at least 5 times but sometimes 6-7 or more if he is having more of a snacking day!

Thanks if you can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent given EBM for quite some time (as DD is now nearly 4!) but I remember I stopped giving her EBM at 7 months cos I was full-time expressing and she would have around 150mls (I would usually offer 180). It was definitely less than the recommended formula amount.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

shani2  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, yeah Kelly mom was suggesting approx 150 but normal is anywhere from 125-180. I'm just surprised it was so little but a little thankful as expressing is such a pain!! I've been doing 3 sessions a day and have been getting between 30-50 ml at a time. I was thinking I'd never get 240 ml!!