+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sh*tty question ;)

So sorry for the gross question but... I'm almost 100% sure I am constipated.. I haven't been able to poo in days other than a few pea sized ones. And to top it all off I think i have a bladder infection too. I'm starting to get what feels like period cramps, maybe that's called abdominal pain? But yeah before I head to the doctors this afternoon had this happened to you before? And if it did was there anything that you found helped you go? I'm so uncomfortable right now I'm willing to try anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried pear juice? If so, there is also lactolose (sp?) which you can get from the chemist, I took it after having ds and it helped within a few hours. The pain is probably just from being constipated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've heard warm water (drinking it) prune juice, a curry could help too?

Also avoid sugary drinks and food and too much bread etc.

Other than that I'm not sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I'll definitely give it a try!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Some porridge with rolled oats and berries (all high in fiber). I haven't really had constipation yet but I have a smoothie every morning with berries and rolled oats (among other things) and I've noticed if I don't have it one morning I either won't poo or it won't be as 'easy.' If I make sure I have it it is easy and and like clockwork! . Sorry for the TMI!!

For children I look after that get constipated I give them anything high in fiber and they unclog fairly quickly! Strawberries, kiwi and apple with the skin on it are all good choices. And mango 'makes a man go' .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Magnesium tablets should help as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Parachoc (from the chemist) it's a kids one but it's what my doctor recommended to me for constipation when I was pregnant. It's mild so it did take a few days of taking it to kick in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have constipation on and off. Because of my shift work, my meals can be all over the shop. I use a fibre supplement daily (benefibre is my preference) and then either coloxyl (a softener - I don't use the one with senna as it gives me awful cramping) or movicol. I also try to drink over a litre and a half of water a day (which is a huge task when at work!). Increase fibre in your diet, increase fluid intake. Pear juice and prune juice are a good place to start if you don't want to go straight to medication.

ETA: a heat pack to your abdomen can also help with comfort as the heat relaxes the muscles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go at the doc firsttimemummabear? I'm struggling with constipation pain too atm, I take benefibre and drink a heap of water, but since I'm still struggling with MS, bread is really only one of the main foods I can get down, which doesn't help the situation!

Did the dr say your cramps/pains were from constipation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww I feel your pain yes it was from constipation and my only advice would be to go straight to the doctor... I left it and thought I could make myself go and I ended up with a really bad bladder infection which ended up with me having to spend 2 nights in hospital