+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    I couldn't hear it either.
    Maybe google for another clip? I don't know but I can hear it clear as day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Maybe google for another clip? I don't know but I can hear it clear as day.
    This one i can hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvwQ-Z5UM0
    but not very clearly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    This one i can hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrvwQ-Z5UM0
    but not very clearly
    Ah yes, I can hear it in that clip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    A couple of points.

1. 'He tells them to truck off'??? Did you just make this quote up? I watched/listened several times and did not hear anything except a squeaky car door with Abbott inside and his lips not moving.

2. I would much rather a PM that was more interested in doing things than just saying things. By the way, he has already turned two boats around. Apparently, according to Labor and refugee advocates, it was impossible. Guess not!

3. The boat was so close to Indonesia that it washed up on one of its beaches. What really do you expect Abbott to say to journalists? "Indonesia needs to pull its socks up"?

4. He said he will talk to the media when he has something to say. If the media wants answers as to the cause of these latest deaths, maybe they should be asking some questions in Indonesia, where the army allegedly drove the refugees to the boat.
    1. It's quite clear that he swears in that clip. If you cannot hear it may I suggest turning up the volume.

2. As the PM, he should be open to questioning when there has been a tragedy such as this. The attitude that he showed was not one of a great leader, but one of a cowardly man, who cannot think on his feet.

3. As a previous poster pointed out, I would expect for him to at least offer his condolences, to at least show some compassion.

4. The media were not asking for the cause of the deaths, but his thoughts on the incident. If he cannot at least string a few sentences together when out in the spot, what kind of "leader" is he? One that is a puppet who's strings are pulled by other men? One who cannot think for himself, so needs his "advisors" to coach him on what to say.

Pretty poor effort for somebody who is leading this country.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-09-2013),BigRedV  (30-09-2013),delirium  (30-09-2013),Ellewood  (30-09-2013),FearlessLeader  (30-09-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (30-09-2013),Jenga  (30-09-2013),RobinSparkles  (30-09-2013),snowqu33n  (30-09-2013),Stiflers Mom  (30-09-2013),Witwicky  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    4. He said he will talk to the media when he has something to say. If the media wants answers as to the cause of these latest deaths, maybe they should be asking some questions in Indonesia, where the army allegedly drove the refugees to the boat.

I believe in this instance they were after a comment from the PM (I heard one asking for his reaction). I don't think they were seeking answers from him as to the cause.
    Last edited by 1234Guest; 30-09-2013 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Still couldn't hear it, despite a very loud volume, nor see his lips move. Let's all make a mountain out of it though

We obviously expect different things from a leader. I would rather one that doesn't seek out the media at every opportunity to say the same thing over and over, but instead one that is rushing around getting things done.

I have not seen him say anything as yet about the boats that he has turned around. I can think of a couple (or would it be 3?) of our last PM's that would be gloating in front of the media at every opportunity.

He has turned 2 boats around despite it being 'impossible', but not a word.
    Good on him. The public will decide his ability based on his actions, not words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Still couldn't hear it, despite a very loud volume, nor see his lips move. Let's all make a mountain out of it though

We obviously expect different things from a leader. I would rather one that doesn't seek out the media at every opportunity to say the same thing over and over, but instead one that is rushing around getting things done.

I have not seen him say anything as yet about the boats that he has turned around. I can think of a couple (or would it be 3?) of our last PM's that would be gloating in front of the media at every opportunity.

He has turned 2 boats around despite it being 'impossible', but not a word.
    Good on him. The public will decide his ability based on his actions, not words.
    I think you only hear, see and read what you want to hear, see and read.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

babycake  (30-09-2013),beebs  (30-09-2013),Boobycino  (30-09-2013),CakeyMumma  (30-09-2013),HollyGolightly81  (30-09-2013),Jakois  (30-09-2013),JungleMum  (30-09-2013),risfaerie  (30-09-2013),snowqu33n  (30-09-2013),Witwicky  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an @$$! Seriously. I feel I burning desire to reiterate right now. I didn't vote for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched both clips several times and honestly couldn't hear him saying that. I heard a grunt sort of noise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I listened to it on my phone and heard it in the second one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app