I had a 4th degree tear with my first child. There was meconium in my waters so I had to be strapped up with a fetal heart monitor. I'm 10 weeks pregnant with number 2 and am trying to decide whether to try for a vaginal birth again, or have a c-section. My ob is happy for me to make the decision.
My recovery was pretty good and I have suffered from no incontinence. I am however worried about future bowel problems that could be caused by further weakening of my pelvic floor, or worse tearing again.
Has anyone else had to make the same decision and would care to share their story?