+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is actually a false report.1380460079565.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took my baby for a chiro appointment when I went myself, family members go regularly and swear by it.

I have to say I was quite flabbergasted. She told me my 9 week old's eyes weren't tracking, his hands weren't griping equally, he was at risk for bowel cancer (because he was doing a poo every 2-3 days, fully breastfed) oh and he apparently only had 75% of his neurological function. I told her twice that he was a month early, so might be doing things a bit delayed. All this after a 5 min look at him. I also got the non vax talk too. Oh and she also told me my baby will already be way out of alignment because i had a c section ( i had him at 36 weeks because of high bp). She said he needed a "care plan". He's 5 months now, seems to be passing all his milestones.

Quite frankly I was shocked and wished I'd said more during the appointment, I was pretty cranky afterwards. Def won't be going back.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 29-09-2013 at 23:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd has erbs palsy and would get quite stiiff in her neck; quick trip to the chiro and a better

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was put off the idea of visiting a chiro after I heard that chiropractic treatment began with a guy who believed that after adjusting a patients spine, he cured him of deafness.

I do not believe in chiropractic treatment at all. I believe any perceived benefit from this sort of treatment is due to the placebo effect.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (30-09-2013)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am currently registered under my profession with ahpra. Some chiro's are also under this government regulation. If I looked for a chiro, I'd be making sure they were registered with ahpra.

I had a car accident when I was a second year uni student I tried a chiro out on my mums recommendation -she'd used him before. I went along every week and had exactly the same treatment. Occurred to me later if he was effecting a change, treatment should have changed each week.

I happened to have a kinesiology class one week where my problems were explained to the tutor, she treated me once with myofascial trigger point therapy. I never returned to the chiro as there was no need. (I've now done a lot of soft tissue treatment courses at a post graduate level and use it a lot in my own patients treatment)

I concur that it prob has a lot to do with the therapist, but I'm not sure if chiro's can practice in oz without ahpra registration or not, whereas I can't (and physios can't) work in oz without ahpra registration
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 30-09-2013 at 01:00.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (30-09-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've always been keen on Osteopaths, but not Chiros at all. However, I was in a very bad way during my last pregnancy (very bad cough and tore ligaments in my ribs, difficult to breathe etc) and as a last resort went to a Chiro. It really did help my pain, and opened up my breathing hugely.

I took my bub when he was born, they used some metal thing which kind of 'flicked' pressure points on him, and he screamed blue murder, (he'd NEVER cried like that ever before) and I was not impressed, so never took him back.

I'd NEVER allow any kind of manipulation/cracking on a child/baby.

I think the cracking stuff probably isn't good for adults either TBH, however in my own dire situation, it did actually work, but I'd never get it done as routine.

As in any profession, there are going to be bad eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    This is actually a false report.Attachment 43414

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I don't trust either this 'caa' report or the newspaper report to be honest. Fact is bub was in a bad way after a chiro treatment. Fact is chiro got cleared. Truth is probably somewhere in between (chiro did something wrong, but not enough evidence to prosecute?).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-09-2013),FearlessLeader  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This story is complete sensationalism! The chiropractor involved was investigated by the chiropractic board after the peadiatrition reported the situation. The chiropractor was not found to have caused the fracture. When born a baby's bones are still soft. A chiropractic adjustment's force is not high (especially when treating children) it is far more plausible that the fracture was aquired previous to the chiropractic treatment and was missed by the chiropractor. This would explain the boards decision to order further education for the chiropractor and not strike him off the register. Please think twice before considering peadiatritions, the AMA or spinal surgeons experts on chiropractic care. They are not. Those quoted in this article obviously have a very poor knowledge of chiropractic practices. It's also worth noting that the author of the article has written a few articles on chiropractic, all of which are as poorly researched as this one. One might question what her motivation really is. Regardless of whether you choose to use chiropractic care for your children, you should know it has an enviable safety record especially for kids. That's what the research says.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Critical thinker For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (30-09-2013),firsttimeparents  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um how would a spinal surgeon NOT be an expert in spinal care?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orlyon For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (30-09-2013),NellC  (07-10-2013),VicPark  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Shouldn't this case have been reviewed by the medical board in the first place if it involved a fracture, no matter what caused it? Why does the chiropractic board do the investigations? Isn't it a bit of a conflict of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical thinker View Post
    This story is complete sensationalism! The chiropractor involved was investigated by the chiropractic board after the peadiatrition reported the situation. The chiropractor was not found to have caused the fracture. When born a baby's bones are still soft. A chiropractic adjustment's force is not high (especially when treating children) it is far more plausible that the fracture was aquired previous to the chiropractic treatment and was missed by the chiropractor. This would explain the boards decision to order further education for the chiropractor and not strike him off the register. Please think twice before considering peadiatritions, the AMA or spinal surgeons experts on chiropractic care. They are not. Those quoted in this article obviously have a very poor knowledge of chiropractic practices. It's also worth noting that the author of the article has written a few articles on chiropractic, all of which are as poorly researched as this one. One might question what her motivation really is. Regardless of whether you choose to use chiropractic care for your children, you should know it has an enviable safety record especially for kids. That's what the research says.