+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, at 4...DS would get a warning and then I would leave and he would miss out on anything else we were supposed to be doing.

Once he had calmed down I would discuss it with him. There is no point discussing things during the tantrum!

I usually do a reminder before we go into the shops about what is expected and what rewards are for good behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I completely support what my sister did, and it sounds like everyone else does too. I was kidding myself that there might be a miracle on offering LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    I would have done the same as your sister, then if he didn't listen I would have dragged him out of the shop, went straight home and then disciplined him there.

My kids love Thomas and at that age I would have confiscated the rest of his Thomas toys for 24 hours minimum.

Then next time we would go to the shops I'd explain my expectations of him whilst still in the car (and probably repeat it another 5 times b4 we parked the car!).

If he behaved, I'd buy him a $3 bottle of bubbles in Coles as a reward for good behavior.

Kids can be tough to deal with. My 3.5 yr old is getting better but sometimes even the best parents can get caught out.
    This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have video recorded DSs tantrums and show him when he's throwing a tanty and it calms him down for some reason lol.
    I have had to deal with DS 2.5s horrible tanty recently and i have noticed talking to him before going out works surprisingly. I sit him down look him straight in the eye in a assertive tone that we are going to go out. This is the day and he is not going to throw tantrums because of this and that and if he's a good boy I will paint with him or blow bubbles and I am so surprised that's it's worked every single time so far! Fingers crossed will always work.
    But I would've handled that situation the same as your sister.