View Poll Results: Would you allow your partner to be a sperm donor for his ex?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.56%
  • No

38 97.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have huge problems with this. And by the way you can't trade child support off. He could "donate" his sperm in exchange for no cs and even have it in a contract and she could still force him to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    No I wouldn't agree to not paying child support but I'd be ok with him donating sperm. But of course it depends on lots of things.

In the past I have thought about asking DS' dad for sperm to be able to have another baby but I know he wouldn't say yes. After DS was born and we seperated he told me really he didn't care if we didn't have a child or not. Yeah lovely to tell me after our DS was born, D!CK

But really, I decided if I want to have my own child again I'd go anonymous sperm donor. More for the fact I really don't want to deal with child maintenance and having to organize visits with the father etc. I'd definitely do this if getting too old and no partner in my life to.
    Yeah I recently went through a clucky phase (took me by total surprise as never wanted another before!) but did not even think about my ex! I'd sooner ask his brother! He's a very good-looking bachelor ... But I'm thinking it was just a phase anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would have to question the sanity of the people making such an arrangement.

Once a child is born it becomes about the rights of the child. All children deserve to be loved and supported by their father in every way.

Any man who did not want to be a father to his children, would not be the man for me.

Any man who wanted to father a child to his ex so he could become a dead beat dad, would not be the man for me.

The end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    There are plenty of people with very legitimate complaints about child support from both sides of the issue and many parents who pay it happily despite questionable calculation methods.

To the OP - hell no! Child support would not even factor- wtf? That's essentially selling his sperm. Yuck, no. They broke up for a reason, why drag another child into it who may find out they were bought by their mum and unwanted by their dad? Horrible.
    I've got to disagree.

I don't think child support comes even close to half the amount it takes to raise a child.

My DF pays child support plus extra. It's the right thing to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    No way. Hell would freeze over before that ever happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The OP didn't say anything about no longer being a father...(?) it just said no longer having to pay child support. That doesn't mean the child(ren) wouldn't still spend time with their dad! Financial arrangements work when both parties agree what's fair in a given situation, not simply because a father pays CS. I don't see how it has to be detrimental to the child(ren).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    The OP didn't say anything about no longer being a father...(?) it just said no longer having to pay child support. That doesn't mean the child(ren) wouldn't still spend time with their dad! Financial arrangements work when both parties agree what's fair in a given situation, not simply because a father pays CS. I don't see how it has to be detrimental to the child(ren).
    I mentioned the children no longer seeing their father as I was outlining all of the possibilities that I could think of.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I disagree.
    When you are a parent you want what's best for your children. I cannot see many situations where one parent not contributing financially is good for children. Children cost money, and decent adult will want to ensure their children have what they need.

Unless there are extreme circumstances, I view it as negligence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    I disagree.
    When you are a parent you want what's best for your children. I cannot see many situations where one parent not contributing financially is good for children. Children cost money, and decent adult will want to ensure their children have what they need.

Unless there are extreme circumstances, I view it as negligence.
    My Dad no longer paid child support for us when my mum re-married. My mum and step-father had more than enough to support us so mum didn't push it. We still carried on seeing Dad though, actually us kids had no idea about any if that. We weren't neglected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, firstly he had those children so should support them regardless, secondly, it doesn't work that way, the child support thing isn't as cut and dry as that, and lastly, why on earth would she want to have another baby with him once they are separated. I wouldn't be ok with it at all.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast