View Poll Results: Would you allow your partner to be a sperm donor for his ex?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.56%
  • No

38 97.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure, It would depend on how I felt about the ex and how well everyone got on. The child support issue makes the water murky though.

I would use a donor if I wanted another child (I'm single).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd never say never, but probably not in most circumstances. It would depend on so many things - whether I wanted more babies myself, whether the relationship with the ex was good and what the co-parenting arrangements were...

I wouldn't want a donation from my ex though. I'd really like DD to have siblings, so I'm hoping that he has babies with someone else one day. Just not me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No way. She's a psycho! They don't even have kids together (thank god) so there's no way I'd want her permanently tied to us forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Men are always trying to get out of paying CS! Just take a look at the single parent section. There's so many women who also complain about their partners paying child support to his ex. I think many single mums here would totally be happy not to have to receive child support from their ex anymore if they came upon enough money to no longer need it, just due to the drama of it all anymore.
    There are plenty of people with very legitimate complaints about child support from both sides of the issue and many parents who pay it happily despite questionable calculation methods.

To the OP - hell no! Child support would not even factor- wtf? That's essentially selling his sperm. Yuck, no. They broke up for a reason, why drag another child into it who may find out they were bought by their mum and unwanted by their dad? Horrible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wouldn't agree to not paying child support but I'd be ok with him donating sperm. But of course it depends on lots of things.

In the past I have thought about asking DS' dad for sperm to be able to have another baby but I know he wouldn't say yes. After DS was born and we seperated he told me really he didn't care if we didn't have a child or not. Yeah lovely to tell me after our DS was born, D!CK

But really, I decided if I want to have my own child again I'd go anonymous sperm donor. More for the fact I really don't want to deal with child maintenance and having to organize visits with the father etc. I'd definitely do this if getting too old and no partner in my life to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure how I'd feel.
    I can see where the ex is coming from to have her kids have the same father and if you all had a good relationship I can't say I'd definitely rule it out.
    That being said,if I were you I would be really disappointed in my partner if he was prepared to take up the deal and stop paying CS.... He needs to remain responsible for his children.
    I'd have to say I'm probably about 95% NOT in favour of the deal but I'd have to have a really deep think about it before making a decision, especially if you don't want any kids yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No no and no. No chance!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why don't you ask him if he would be comfortable with you having a child for your ex.....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-09-2013),SpecialK  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    There are plenty of people with very legitimate complaints about child support from both sides of the issue and many parents who pay it happily despite questionable calculation methods.
    I didn't say there weren't... I did say my ex is one of the ones who pays it happily and offers extra when he has it. But as someone who's been a single mum for the entire 3 years I've been on this forum I've seen too many posts from SM's who get very little or next to nothing, and too many posts from resentful new partners who don't like their husband's/partners paying so much child support, nasty posts where they just wish the ex would go away. That's not to say there isn't arrangements that do work though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would make me look at my own husband so incredibly differently. The fact that he would consider bringing another child into the world and neglecting it would make me see him as a machine not a father. I would lose so much admiration and my relationship with him would change. - maybe even too much. To think about how that child would feel to find that out - devastating!

She may have her own reasons etc but who cares about that. I'm nt in a relationship with her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast