View Poll Results: Would you allow your partner to be a sperm donor for his ex?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.56%
  • No

38 97.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're not a step or blended family but this question is a really good one so I want to stick my oar in, pls disregard if I'm posting out of turn .
    I wouldn't be comfortable with that at all (even being asked it would make me so unhappy). We were ttc for 8 years, for someone else to carry DHs child it would just break me (plus I'm sure if other kids are involved and there are regular visits, I'd have to be a step parent to a child my husband conceived while married to me, it's just too hurtful).
    On the other hand I can see why someone would want the same father for all their children, but I think you have to let go when your ex has moved onto a new family (asking a single ex for this isn't that unreasonable).
    I also second pps concerns over not paying child support, if anything it muddies the waters (and makes it a paid donation which I think isn't too legal in Australia).

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    I've been on this forum toooo long and have seen too many sad stories/complaints about child support. It's sad but it makes me feel lucky that my ex never complains about paying and has at times offered more as extra.

Also I think for most single mums their ex is the last man they'd want to be a sperm donor!
    I know I've been here a while too but only in the singles sections for about 3 years. It's so sad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats pretty effed up.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 05-02-2015 at 11:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, no way, not on gods green earth, not in this life time, no friggin way!

If it is his x there is a reason why she is his x. I would want her attached to our family like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm actually comfortable with DH donating his sperm anonymously or to a friend. I wouldn't be ok with him creating another biological child with his ex. I realise that is a double standard but to me it would be as though they're (he and the ex) continuing their family, not just helping out a friend/stranger with the gift of life.

I would never be ok with him not supporting any children he parented. That is not the kind of man I would marry or love ever!

Does that make sense?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    I'm actually comfortable with DH donating his sperm anonymously or to a friend. I wouldn't be ok with him creating another biological child with his ex. I realise that is a double standard but to me it would be as though they're (he and the ex) continuing their family, not just helping out a friend/stranger with the gift of life.

I would never be ok with him not supporting any children he parented. That is not the kind of man I would marry or love ever!

Does that make sense?
    Yes it does.. But I don't think a sperm donor (anonymous/friend) should pay child support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeee View Post
    Yes it does.. But I don't think a sperm donor (anonymous/friend) should pay child support
    Oh sorry- yes I agree with that! Probably bad wording there. I jut meant any existing child from a relationship/one night stand my husband should take responsibility for, not just willing trade his responsibility for some sprog in a cup so the ex can complete the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Oh sorry- yes I agree with that! Probably bad wording there. I jut meant any existing child from a relationship/one night stand my husband should take responsibility for, not just willing trade his responsibility for some sprog in a cup so the ex can complete the family.
    Lol 'sprog in a cup'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like I must be mad. Lol.

I'd be okay with it I think, not the CS factor, but being a sperm donor for his other kid's mum. Sure. From her POV I can understand wanting to have my kids share as close as possible genetic make up.

I'm good at sharing though.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (29-09-2013),lovesushi  (29-09-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can understand that if she wants another child that she would want to have the same parents, but I wouldn't allow it. I won't even go into the child support thing, but it would mean A. this baby would not have the a relationship with the same father that spends time with his/her siblings, could you imagine growing up like that? OR B. the current children would lose their current relationship with their father and the children will only share dna and the fact that their bio father has nothing to do with them OR C. the bio father will be knowingly bringing another child into and taking on the parenting of yet another child in a failed relationship, which isn't ideal.