View Poll Results: Would you allow your partner to be a sperm donor for his ex?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.56%
  • No

38 97.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't even support his decision to no longer financially support his own child(ren) let alone donate sperm to his ex on top of that!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (29-09-2013),gizmoduckus  (29-09-2013),HugsBunny  (29-09-2013),Janesmum123  (29-09-2013),Lauzy  (29-09-2013),SpecialK  (29-09-2013),Starfish30  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't be okay with him no longer paying child support. It doesn't make sense to me. Plus the ex could change her mind down the track and he could then be paying child support for two children (rightfully so).

I think there would be too much involved and I wouldn't feel ok about a hypothetical partner doing this. But it'd be his decision entirely.

As a person with children to my ex whom I completely adore (the kids not him) I wouldn't even contemplate it. If I desperately wanted another child I'd seek an anon donor myself. It seems a little off to even request given the said ex now has a new partner.

I didn't realise child support was a bargaining tool?? How ridiculous!! I'd definitely look down the the woman asking and even more so on my partner contemplating ridding himself of financial responsibility. Makes me sad for the children involved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, three in the bed is too many. Given that donor sperm is available now, she has other options she can access if having a child is really important to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    Err no.
    So he would no longer support any of his children, in exchange for bringing another into the world? wuh?
    This...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I didn't realise child support was a bargaining tool?? How ridiculous!! I'd definitely look down the the woman asking and even more so on my partner contemplating ridding himself of financial responsibility. Makes me sad for the children involved.
    Men are always trying to get out of paying CS! Just take a look at the single parent section. There's so many women who also complain about their partners paying child support to his ex. I think many single mums here would totally be happy not to have to receive child support from their ex anymore if they came upon enough money to no longer need it, just due to the drama of it all anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by eMBe View Post
    If you couldn't/didn't want any more children?
    Still no..

CS or not they can still ask for CS later (and rightly so)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell no! That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Any guy who agrees to that has a screw loose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Men are always trying to get out of paying CS! Just take a look at the single parent section. There's so many women who also complain about their partners paying child support to his ex. I think many single mums here would totally be happy not to have to receive child support from their ex anymore if they came upon enough money to no longer need it, just due to the drama of it all anymore.
    That's so sad!!! I myself receive no child support from my ex as he went back to uni at the start of the year - but once he starts working again I'm sure I'll get some. I just save more and budget a little tighter to support my boys on my own.

But the point is I can't believe people would use giving someone the option of not paying it in return for something else. I can't get my head around it.

It absolutely sickens me when I hear people whinging about their partners having to pay it. I'm sure a different tune would be sung if their own children were no longer supported. But that's a whole different thread.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (29-09-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (29-09-2013),snowqu33n  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    That's so sad!!! I myself receive no child support from my ex as he went back to uni at the start of the year - but once he starts working again I'm sure I'll get some. I just save more and budget a little tighter to support my boys on my own.

But the point is I can't believe people would use giving someone the option of not paying it in return for something else. I can't get my head around it.

It absolutely sickens me when I hear people whinging about their partners having to pay it. I'm sure a different tune would be sung if their own children were no longer supported. But that's a whole different thread.
    I've been on this forum toooo long and have seen too many sad stories/complaints about child support. It's sad but it makes me feel lucky that my ex never complains about paying and has at times offered more as extra.

Also I think for most single mums their ex is the last man they'd want to be a sperm donor!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted no. SO's ex is uBPD and a golden uterus, so she's already a bit of a nightmare to deal with, I wouldn't want to give her another little being to use against SO.

HOWEVER. IF she wasn't such a nightmare, I might've consider it, when I met SO I did think it would have been nice if SD had a full blood sibling and at the time I thought I was done having children. I think it would take a very unique situation for this to work, and all parties would have to be VERY CLEAR about everything before going into it. I don't think CS should be stopped though.