View Poll Results: Would you allow your partner to be a sperm donor for his ex?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 2.56%
  • No

    38 97.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,509
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked
    701
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't even support his decision to no longer financially support his own child(ren) let alone donate sperm to his ex on top of that!

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Curby For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (29-09-2013),dancingchipmunk  (29-09-2013),gizmoduckus  (29-09-2013),HugsBunny  (29-09-2013),Janesmum123  (29-09-2013),Lauzy  (29-09-2013),SpecialK  (29-09-2013),Starfish30  (29-09-2013)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't be okay with him no longer paying child support. It doesn't make sense to me. Plus the ex could change her mind down the track and he could then be paying child support for two children (rightfully so).

    I think there would be too much involved and I wouldn't feel ok about a hypothetical partner doing this. But it'd be his decision entirely.

    As a person with children to my ex whom I completely adore (the kids not him) I wouldn't even contemplate it. If I desperately wanted another child I'd seek an anon donor myself. It seems a little off to even request given the said ex now has a new partner.

    I didn't realise child support was a bargaining tool?? How ridiculous!! I'd definitely look down the the woman asking and even more so on my partner contemplating ridding himself of financial responsibility. Makes me sad for the children involved.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,225
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked
    935
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, three in the bed is too many. Given that donor sperm is available now, she has other options she can access if having a child is really important to her.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    2,017
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSparkles View Post
    Err no.
    So he would no longer support any of his children, in exchange for bringing another into the world? wuh?
    This...

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I didn't realise child support was a bargaining tool?? How ridiculous!! I'd definitely look down the the woman asking and even more so on my partner contemplating ridding himself of financial responsibility. Makes me sad for the children involved.
    Men are always trying to get out of paying CS! Just take a look at the single parent section. There's so many women who also complain about their partners paying child support to his ex. I think many single mums here would totally be happy not to have to receive child support from their ex anymore if they came upon enough money to no longer need it, just due to the drama of it all anymore.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,090
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked
    489
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eMBe View Post
    If you couldn't/didn't want any more children?
    Still no..

    CS or not they can still ask for CS later (and rightly so)

  8. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,786
    Thanks
    1,021
    Thanked
    2,246
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hell no! That's the stupidest thing I've heard. Any guy who agrees to that has a screw loose.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (29-09-2013)

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,865
    Thanks
    986
    Thanked
    3,330
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Men are always trying to get out of paying CS! Just take a look at the single parent section. There's so many women who also complain about their partners paying child support to his ex. I think many single mums here would totally be happy not to have to receive child support from their ex anymore if they came upon enough money to no longer need it, just due to the drama of it all anymore.
    That's so sad!!! I myself receive no child support from my ex as he went back to uni at the start of the year - but once he starts working again I'm sure I'll get some. I just save more and budget a little tighter to support my boys on my own.

    But the point is I can't believe people would use giving someone the option of not paying it in return for something else. I can't get my head around it.

    It absolutely sickens me when I hear people whinging about their partners having to pay it. I'm sure a different tune would be sung if their own children were no longer supported. But that's a whole different thread.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

    Ellewood  (29-09-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (29-09-2013),snowqu33n  (29-09-2013)

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    That's so sad!!! I myself receive no child support from my ex as he went back to uni at the start of the year - but once he starts working again I'm sure I'll get some. I just save more and budget a little tighter to support my boys on my own.

    But the point is I can't believe people would use giving someone the option of not paying it in return for something else. I can't get my head around it.

    It absolutely sickens me when I hear people whinging about their partners having to pay it. I'm sure a different tune would be sung if their own children were no longer supported. But that's a whole different thread.
    I've been on this forum toooo long and have seen too many sad stories/complaints about child support. It's sad but it makes me feel lucky that my ex never complains about paying and has at times offered more as extra.

    Also I think for most single mums their ex is the last man they'd want to be a sperm donor!

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked
    31
    Reviews
    0
    I voted no. SO's ex is uBPD and a golden uterus, so she's already a bit of a nightmare to deal with, I wouldn't want to give her another little being to use against SO.

    HOWEVER. IF she wasn't such a nightmare, I might've consider it, when I met SO I did think it would have been nice if SD had a full blood sibling and at the time I thought I was done having children. I think it would take a very unique situation for this to work, and all parties would have to be VERY CLEAR about everything before going into it. I don't think CS should be stopped though.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Is 39 too old to donate?
    By onionskin in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 06:53
  2. Low sperm count with 98% abnormal sperm morphology.
    By ThreePeasPlease in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 11:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!