+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default How would you handle this situation...

DH and I both have large families and see them regularly. Within our families we have a number of older relatives, like over 60/70, who do things with DD 8 months that we dislike such as kiss her on her lips or allow her to put her fingers in their mouths when she's touching their faces.

I've tried to set them straight by saying things like "No DD fingers out of mouths!" to which they'll reply something like "No it's fine I don't mind" and then I don't really know where to go from there so I'll make an excuse to take DD off them. I'm really not good with speaking up and it's usually in a large group and I don't want to make it awkward.

I feel like I just need to say something to make my position clear that I find it unhygienic and they should stop, but I don't want to be *****y to older relatives who I know don't mean to offend me it's just they did things differently in their day. What would you say? The hard part is these relatives are not close like parents where you can just say how you feel, they're uncles/ aunties/ grand uncles and aunts; I just have no idea what to say, how do you say keep your lips off my child!! Without sounding *****y?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just be honest and say you don't want her doing it. If they think you are b!tchy then that's their problem.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep just say it, if they get offended it won't be for long and you will feel better having said it.

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No DD, we don't put our hands in mouths / kiss on lips etc. We taught DD to offer her forehead for kisses. Good luck