+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mini bunk bed for 2yr old - would you?

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1380285542.061186.jpg

Would you use a bed similar to this one for your 2yr old? It only comes up to chest height, approx 1m off ground.

The rail is quite a good height around, but I would also have a separate higher one on to begin with as well, if I accepted the bed.

My expectation would be that I would be putting him in/out of it for awhile. He already calls out for me when awake, so the stairs don't concern me too much. We also have a double story so he's been well used to stairs anyway. It's just the height that makes me nervous! Other than that I think it's a cool bed with great extra storage space...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally I wouldn't.....but ds isn't that confident with ladders and its along way to fall for a 2 year old. Also we bought ds a bed that he isn't going to "grow out" of to quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I should also mention this is a full sized single bed, so would last quite some time hopefully. It has a desk that rolls out too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. It has rails all the way around which he would have to climb over not roll over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you have thought enough about it, and he would be find, i love those beds so yep

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are confident that your ds would be ok then for sure. I think these beds are great

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    They usually have "not for under 12," recommendations on them, which we personally ignored... but DD was in school, not 2, when she got hers.

Can you trust that your little one could get down from one half-asleep in the middle of the night to pee without falling? Or to not jump on it without falling? They would be my biggest concerns.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siennasyummymummy View Post
    Can I ask where this is from? I actually really like it!
    I would definitely use it for my DD as soon as she can climb stairs properly.
    This picture is taken from eBay - just search 'mini sleeper'. Although the one I'm being offered was from Harvey Norman.

I took DS today to see how he'd go with the steps and he was fine. Although that wasn't half asleep so good point to consider Sassy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

siennasyummymummyxxx  (28-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love those beds. They're such a good idea with the storage etc.

We have a normal-sized bunk bed for DD1 (6) & DD2 (4) with DD1 sleeping on the top (I think it's recommended for ages 8+ though).

I was worried about her falling, so I put an assortment of bean bags, a foam mattress etc around the bed to start with. She's been fine though, and the rail is about the same height as the one in the pic (and she's been known to sleep-walk in the past, but hasn't done it since sleeping in the bunk bed)

The only thing I'd say is to make sure your DS knows not to jump on the bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's awesome Pesca I'd go for it, maybe like OP said place some padding like foam squares on the ground just to be extra careful.