+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD had been to Europe, Fiji and Bangkok by 12 months old.
    It's totally understandable to be worried about hygiene.
    I overdid the cleanliness when we were in Bangkok. I'm sure I seemed like a druggo with the amount of sterilizing tablets and solution I took but I'd put some tablets in the bath for her and boil bottled water for drinking etc. she was never sick.
    we were in bali last year and you can take squeezie pouches of food or buy them at the local shops there too...plus formula and nappies, sure things cost a bit more but everything is a available.

We got married in Fiji and although I didn't have kids then, of those that did some used nannies some didn't. A wedding abroad is more than just "the wedding night" it's a groups of people together celebrating for days so if you or your husband missed a few hours of the wedding, I'd prefer that than to miss out totally by not going...or miss the joy of holidaying with your little one.

Good luck with making your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took DS to Fiji alone! Trip over was a nightmare, he just wanted to go up and down the isles for the full 5 hour flight. But once we were at the resort it was fine. I wouldn't leave the children unless they're used to staying with the person you're leaving them with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, I would.

OP, I am sure you would be able to find an Australian nanny service in Bali if you aren't comfiest able using a local service. Do some research?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't but I would, no problems.

My daughter is 12 months, and 2 of the bubs in my mums' group have already been to Bali. One has been to New Zealand and Norway, one to England & Thailand. We're planning to take our daughter to Europe when she's about 22 months, and possibly to Thailand at about 18 months.

I have no specific advice about your concerns, but would just like to say that plenty of people take bubs to Bali. Up to you of course whether you think it's worth it.