So we just got the save the dates for my partners best friends wedding in Bali next year. I'm really torn about whether to take my son who will be just over 12 months... We will probably go for 1-2 weeks (pending on how much time my partner can get off work) they have specified that they don't want any kids at the ceremony.
Here are my reasons for wanting to take him:
1. I will miss him
2. I am concerned my milk will dry up while I'm away (I plan to still be bf then if all goes to plan)
3. It will be our first time overseas as a family
4. 1-2 weeks is a really long time & it's not like we are just going an hour drive away where we could easily come home if something went wrong
Here are my reasons for not wanting to take him:
1. I'm worried about him getting sick & not necessarily having access to correct health care while he's there.
2. Because there is to be no kids at the ceremony, we would have to leave him with a Bali nanny & that's not something I feel comfortable with.
3. It would be nice for my partner & I to have a holiday together as it will probably be our only break since having him.
4. I'm worried that Bali may not be a family friendly location for him to enjoy.
I don't think I could leave him for that long, but honestly I'm so worried about him getting sick, as I know how easy it is for adults to get sick, let alone kids.
What would you do???